• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The problem with compromise

Now Solomon made a treaty with Pharaoh king of Egypt, and married Pharaoh's daughter. . . .

1 Kings 3:1

Solomon’s fall and disillusionment began with a series of compromises, one of which was marrying the daughter of Pharaoh. This he did because he wanted to establish a political alliance. For all practical purposes, Solomon was “yoking” himself unequally with a nonbeliever. God told the Jewish people not to intermarry with the other nations. This was not a racial issue; it was a spiritual issue. God didn’t want the Israelites aligning themselves with people who were worshipers of false gods. He knew their hearts would turn away. The same is true of us as Christians. You want to run this race with someone who loves the Lord as you do.

If you are a single person, you should pray for and wait on the godly man or woman that the Lord will bring into your life. You can be sure He would not want you romantically involved with a person who does not believe.

The Bible tells us, “Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can goodness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? What harmony can there be between Christ and the Devil? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever?” (2 Corinthians. 6:14–15 nlt).

In the race of life, you want to run with someone who is going in the same direction that you are. And if you are Christians, both you and your mate will be running toward the Lord, and His plan and purpose for your lives.

But Solomon did not live by that principle. He teamed up with someone who did not share his faith or his God. More problems followed, and they always will.

Greg Laurie, Losers and Winners, Saints and Sinners

Administrator
Staff Member
Thank you for sharing brother Nigh.

From my experiences and of course wisdom from Scripture here are some things to do first before getting involved.

1. Pray on it. Let GOD speak, on HIS timing according to HIS will.
2. Always seek GOD's will and do not let your flesh jump ahead of you
3. Fellowship with a believer as Scripture states, or else your asking for trouble as Nigh explained above.

Simple things to prevent the worst from happening.

HI Nigh

This really needs to be heeded by all. They just don t realize the problems if they are not lead by the Lord to the right person. The reason for dating is to meet that one who will be your life partner. Never date someone you wouldnt marry or you may "fall in love" and be decieving into marrying the wrong one. There is NEVER a good reason for a Christain to date a non Christian. Even those who are Christian but have different beliefs and who are not called to the same calling are in a way "unequally yoked" and they could be uncompatible in ministry. Because the Lord calls a man and woman to work TOGETHER in minstry .

Gloria said:
Never date someone you wouldnt marry or you may "fall in love" and be decieving into marrying the wrong one.

I took this approach while in college, and I didn't meet anyone for 3.5 years. Then, in the summer I met my, soon to be wife. Neither of us were saved at the time, but I believe if I had taken a different route, (I had other women who wanted to date me) I would not be saved today. Both my wife and I were raised in a "Christian home" and were fed the word at an early age. We both fell away from the church shortly after leaving home. I believe the Lord brought us together knowing that we would both become members of his church. God is great!

The thing that I have to remind myself of is that I had a choice. I could have dated other women, but I somehow knew that is wasn't rite. I had morals, I just didn't have the Lord. I feel those morals were placed in my at an early age when I was going to church. So, my Lord and Savior gave me to a home with believing parents, who went to a loving church so that I would have the sense to make the correct decision some 22 years later!!!! How awesome is that?!? Praise the Lord!

God bless,
Nigh

Gloria said:
Never date someone you wouldnt marry or you may "fall in love" and be decieving into marrying the wrong one.

I took this approach while in college, and I didn't meet anyone for 3.5 years. Then, in the summer I met my, soon to be wife. Neither of us were saved at the time, but I believe if I had taken a different route, (I had other women who wanted to date me) I would not be saved today. Both my wife and I were raised in a "Christian home" and were fed the word at an early age. We both fell away from the church shortly after leaving home. I believe the Lord brought us together knowing that we would both become members of his church. God is great!

The thing that I have to remind myself of is that I had a choice. I could have dated other women, but I somehow knew that is wasn't rite. I had morals, I just didn't have the Lord. I feel those morals were placed in my at an early age when I was going to church. So, my Lord and Savior gave me to a home with believing parents, who went to a loving church so that I would have the sense to make the correct decision some 22 years later!!!! How awesome is that?!? Praise the Lord!

God bless,
Nigh

Yes Nigh

It IS awesome!! Thats wonderful and I am so happy for you !

heya Nigh..

ive taken this approach of
Never date someone you wouldnt marry or you may "fall in love" and be decieving into marrying the wrong one
an well.. lets say i 'met' my bf atm thru God... like, i alredy knew him... but God brought us 2geta, an yea.. twas awesum!