• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Power that Works in us:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
The Power that Works in us:

Jesus said, “ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE UNTO HIM THAT BELIEVES...” (Matt 19:26, Mark 9:23, Mark 10:27) The human physical brain in our head does not have the capacity to ask, or think to the limits in what God has done, and in what he is capable of doing. Our minds are incapable to ask or think beyond God's ability to do what we ask of him, in fact the scripture says, that he (God) is able to do EXCEEDING, and ABUNDANTLY ABOVE ALL that we can ask or think!!!!

Eph 3:20 now unto him that is able to do EXCEEDING ABUNDANTLY ABOVE ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK......

I don't know about anyone else, but that makes me very glad to know, because, I can ask the Lord for something he has already provided me in a promise, and he not only gives it to me, he also goes way beyond what I asked of him so that my joy is full.

The question now should be, how does God, and what POWER does he use to do these things that are exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think?

Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, ACCORDING TO THE POWER THAT WORKETH IN US,

God's power that is used to accomplish his exceeding abundantly above all we can ask or think things is working on the inside of us!!! This is where it comes from. Now the question should be, “WHAT IS THIS POWER THAT IS WORKING ON THE INSIDE OF US?”

Eph 3:21 UNTO HIM BE GLORY IN THE CHURCH.......

That power is the GLORY OF GOD, and it is inside the Church, not only individually, but also corporately as the body of Christ!!

Who gave to us this Glory?

Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church BY CHRIST JESUS.......

Jesus was the one who gave to us this Glory!!! Why? So that we would be “one” not only with each other, but so that we may be “one” with God!!!

John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, THAT THEY ALSO MAY BE ONE IN US: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:22 And THE GLORY WHICH THOU GAVEST ME I HAVE GIVEN THEM; THAT THEY MAY BE ONE, EVEN AS WE ARE ONE:

Not only was God's glory given unto the believing man, and women so that they ALL would be one with God by being one in God, but that we ALL being members of that same body would be one with each other. On top of that, his Glory was given unto us so we could be where he is, so we could see his Glory!!! His Glory on the inside of us, and our ability to see it on the outside of us!!!

John 17:24 Father, I WILL THAT THEY ALSO, WHOM THOU HAST GIVEN ME, BE WITH ME WHERE I AM; THAT THEY MAY BEHOLD MY GLORY, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

When the Bible says, “come boldly to the throne of grace.......” (Heb 4:16) there is no way on God's green earth can anyone get there without first having this Glory. No wonder Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one can come to the Father except by me...” (John 14:6) Jesus is the Glory of the Father, and he gave himself to us!!! (Heb 1:3) God the Father is known as the Father of Glory. The Father has a Son, and his Son is the Glory of God!!!

It takes “light” to see “light”. It takes having God's Glory, before we can see his Glory!!! In the same way God is a Spirit, and they that worship God must worship him in Spirit, and in truth. Before we can worship God in Spirit, we have to have the Spirit first!!

Psa 36:9 For with thee is the fountain of life: IN THY LIGHT SHALL WE SEE LIGHT.

Now the question should be, “to what extent will the Glory in us reach?”

Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus THROUGHOUT ALL AGES, world without end. Amen.

The word, “ages” is not a reference to “time” like the Greek word, “chronos” which means, “chronological time” It has to do with how eternity is marked off as in renewing s, refreshing of the Holy Spirit when God so wills. This is true because of the last part of this verse.....

Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, WORLD WITHOUT END. Amen.

There would be no "time" in a world that has no end.

Everything I have ever received from the Lord my God in my life came about through the “power” that dwells within me which is the Glory of God within his Church, given to me by Christ Jesus, and it will continue through out all ages, in a world that has no end!!!!
:smile:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Dave M Devotionals 1
Dave M Devotionals 4