• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Power of Thanking Others

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
The Power of Thanking Others

My mom taught me a jingle that you may have heard as well: “There are two little magic words that can open any door with ease. One little word is thanks and the other little word is please.”

I’ve never forgotten this maxim. It has guided me in life. I’ve repeatedly tried to practice the power of thanking others at home and at work.

You are standing on the shoulders of someone else. Other people helped you become who you are today. If successful, I hope you’ve thanked them.

There’s enormous power in thanking others.

My college basketball coach was Dean Smith at the University of North Carolina. Anytime a player scored a basket, the player had to point to the teammate who had passed him the ball. If he didn’t, he was immediately taken out of the game and put on the bench.

Coach Smith knew the power of thanking others. He was trying to use the game of basketball to teach his players this important life principle.

Someone once said that great leaders cast a compelling vision and then continually thank the people who help the vision become a reality. He is correct.

Remember the importance of thanking others who work alongside you and help you get tasks done (Ephesians 1:16). Be sure to thank God for all the wonderful blessings you have (2 Corinthians 4:15). Develop a spirit of giving thanks all the time (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

Most great leaders know the power of thanking others.

Coach Smith instilled this practice into his players.

My mom taught it to me.

Thanking others opens many doors with ease.

by
moments of hope ministry

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Thank you for sharing this important message.

Jingle or not, I was always made to say please and thank you, I still do, I always will, but in the world today it is not so, there is little respect for anyone not even elders.

When I could walk, I would always open the door for people, many times opening the door for my wife and others would barge through without a thank you just taking things for granted, it used to annoy my wife who would raise her voice a little and say 'Thank you', they people who barged through just turned, looked and walked off as if to say what is that about.

I now have a power wheelchair to get around, I have to say that there is a little more respect (mainly from the elderly) I do find some people do open the door for me and of course I smile and give the all important word.

Bless you for sharing this Dave, hopefully some who do not use the words will at least understand what they mean.

Active
Thank you both! It means so much! I was taught that too. I try to encourage it everyday. Much peace to you! :love: :smile:

Active
Americans are well mannered.
I do keep doors open for ppl, except when I'm in a hurry to catch a train and they have no intention of hurrying up. Get out of the way! I'm in a hurry! LOL I once said to an American that Dutch ppl were very social. I typed that and then there was no room in the train, so I sat on the stairs and a guy had to get out, gave me a grrr and pushed me aside. Get out of the way. I'm in a hurry. That American said: yes they're very social. They're as social as rats. :laughing:

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Americans are well mannered.
I do keep doors open for ppl, except when I'm in a hurry to catch a train and they have no intention of hurrying up. Get out of the way! I'm in a hurry! LOL I once said to an American that Dutch ppl were very social. I typed that and then there was no room in the train, so I sat on the stairs and a guy had to get out, gave me a grrr and pushed me aside. Get out of the way. I'm in a hurry. That American said: yes they're very social. They're as social as rats. :laughing:
Jesus said...

Matthew 7:12 (NKJV)
12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

If a person hits your right cheek offer your left also

If a person bad mouths you, bless them, don't bad mouth them back

Bless you

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Dave M Devotionals 1
jaboyle100 Devotionals 0