• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Power of Presence

Loyal
The Power of Presence

As you enter your workplace, remember that there are hurting people all around you. Most everyone has problems they are dealing with. Few are exempt.

Therefore, look at your job as a mission field. Every day, you have the opportunity to reach out and love people in Jesus’s name.

Here’s the key for how the Lord can use you. As your day begins, lift high your spiritual antenna. Ask the Lord to give your heart impressions of who is hurting around you. Silently pray, “Lord, please lead me to people I can love for you.”

With as much empathy as possible, go to those people. Ask if they are okay. Listen carefully to their response. If a hurt is revealed, let him know you care. And here’s the most important thing you can say next: “I’m here for you if you ever need me.”

You have just practiced the ministry of presence. You didn’t try to solve the problem (which you probably can’t). You didn’t try to offer deep theological insights into his issues (which is not wise).

When the biblical character Job was suffering, three friends visited him. They offered pious platitudes to explain the reason for his pain. They hurt Job’s heart. And God was not pleased.
They should have simply practiced the power of presence. It gives hope to the hurting. It succinctly says, “I really care.”

Your presence may open the door to further opportunities. Or it may not. It doesn’t matter. You’ve been faithful. You cared. And you’re available if needed.

Don’t ever doubt the power of your presence when another is hurting.

It’s one of the most valuable ministries you possess.

by moments of hope ministries

Loyal
Here’s the key for how the Lord can use you. As your day begins, lift high your spiritual antenna. Ask the Lord to give your heart impressions of who is hurting around you. Silently pray, “Lord, please lead me to people I can love for you.”

This is great!