The Natural man vs The hidden man of the Heart

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal Member
The Natural man vs The hidden man of the Heart

All human beings have a natural man. The natural man is made up of flesh, blood, and bone, which also include man's physical mind. The human brain operates on “electrical impulses” that allows man to logically analyze, and reason things out. To be able to function in this physical world man needs physical senses that allows man to interact with everything, including his fellow man. This is not a bad thing, but what is bad is when man tries to operate within the spiritual realm using his physical senses.

1Co 2:14 But THE NATURAL MAN RECEIVETH NOT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD: FOR THEY ARE FOOLISHNESS UNTO HIM: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

A carnal Christian is one who has not yet learned that his natural man can not be used to understand spiritual things, and when he hears true revelation from the Spirit of God he thinks it foolishness!!

The hidden man of the heart as Paul describes is the part of man that became new at the new birth.

1Pe 3:4 But LET IT BE THE HIDDEN MAN OF THE HEART, in that which IS NOT CORRUPTIBLE, even the ornament of A MEEK AND QUIET SPIRIT, which is in the sight of God of great price.

This man is a spirit, and it is NOT corruptible which is of great price in the sight of God!!
That person is Christ who is our new life!!

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I LIVE; YET NOT I, BUT CHRIST LIVETH IN ME: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

God has set before us, “LIFE, AND DEATH, BLESSING, AND CURSING...” (Deut 30:19)

To choose life is to choose to walk after the Spirit. To choose death is to choose to walk after the flesh.

Rom 8:6 For TO BE CARNALLY MINDED IS DEATH; BUT TO BE SPIRITUALLY MINDED IS LIFE and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The natural man's senses can never be used to discover or understand anything spiritual, because it was never designed to do that! Believing God is never done with our physical mind. Understanding of spiritual things can never be done with physical mind.

Rom 10:10 For WITH THE HEART MAN BELIEVETH UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Mat 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and SHOULD UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

All born again believers who are truly saved will have a battle within themselves between their new born spirit, and their flesh to see who will have the dominance (control) over them.

Gal 5:17 For THE FLESH LUSTETH AGAINST THE SPIRIT, AND THE SPIRIT AGAINST THE FLESH: AND THESE ARE CONTRARY THE ONE TO THE OTHER: SO THAT YE CANNOT DO THE THINGS THAT YE WOULD.

What every one wants to do is to have faith, and to believe. Our spirit wants to do one thing while our flesh wants to do another. We can not just ignore our carnal mind, and think everything will be OK. Walking in the Spirit does not automatically fix the fleshly mind that is at odds with our spirit, nor does it automatically cause us to know the truth, but it does help us in discovering it! Walking in the Spirit gives man power over his fleshly lusts.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, WALK IN THE SPIRIT, AND YE SHALL NOT FULFIL THE LUST OF THE FLESH.

The fleshly mind must be “RENEWED” so that it is in agreement with the heart of man.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And BE NOT CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD: BUT BE YE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

If our physical mind thinks one way, while our hearts believe another we become what is known as “DOUBLE MINDED”

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
James 1:7 For LET NOT THAT MAN THINK THAT HE SHALL RECEIVE ANY THING OF THE LORD.
James 1:8 A DOUBLE MINDED MAN IS UNSTABLE IN ALL HIS WAYS.

You can not have faith in the heart, and doubt in the mind and get anything from the Lord! They both must be in agreement, and when they do we have become “SINGLE MINDED”, and the flesh is no longer lusting against the our spirit.

There is a battle going on within man over his carnal mind. To the victor go the spoils of war. There is no way any born again believer can ever experience the things God has given to them until the enemy is destroyed that is preventing them from experiencing them!

In the Old Testament the nation of Israel could not enjoy the promise land that God had already given them until they first destroyed all their enemies that prevented them from getting there!!

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, WE DO NOT WAR AFTER THE FLESH:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare ARE NOT CARNAL, but mighty through God to THE PULLING DOWN OF STRONG HOLDS:wink:

The word, “flesh” has to do with man's human nature. There is no power in human nature to overcome anything spiritual. Our weapons are NOT of the flesh!

We must pull down “STRONG HOLDS”. Strong holds has to do with, “FORTRESSES, AND CASTLES” for that is what the word means. Were are these castles, and fortresses that must be pulled down located?

2Cor 10:5 Casting down IMAGINATIONS, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every THOUGHT to the obedience of Christ;

These all reside in the human mind!!!! Casting down “IMAGINATIONS” and every high thing that tries to exalts it self against the knowledge of God!!
Taking every “THOUGHT” captive to the obedience of the anointing (Christ)

I can not tell you how many times I have come up against fortresses, and castles in man's physical carnal mind that have not been pulled down, but have been fortified by logical analytical reasons that are not from God!!!

The only way the Church will ever get to the place were they are experiencing the things God has given, is by renewing carnal mind, and letting the hidden man of the heart have full control over the complete man.