• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Mighty Power of God

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:1)

Staff Member
A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. Ephesians 6:10-11

A scheme is a methodical, calculated plan for reaching a specific goal or putting a particular idea into effect. To scheme often describes plans done in a devious way or with intent to bring about an evil result. The devil schemes to bring your life to ruin, and he employs time-tested methods such as hatred, fear, lust, covetousness, addictions, and so on. C.S. Lewis gave insightful descriptions of his schemes in The Screwtape Letters.

What’s the best way to combat the evil one’s schemes? To submit yourself to God and pray, “May your will be done” (Matthew 26:42).

For example, it was God’s will that Jesus be crucified for the sins of the world, but Peter argued against it. So Jesus told him, “Get behind Me, Satan!...for you are not setting your mind on God’s interests, but man’s” (Matthew 16:23). Man’s interests and “the will of the flesh” (John 1:13) often parallel Satan’s will, because both are selfish.

How do you become “strong in the Lord…so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes”? Simple. “Submit yourselves…to God.” Then you will have spiritual strength. Then you can “resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7).

Active
A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. Ephesians 6:10-11

A scheme is a methodical, calculated plan for reaching a specific goal or putting a particular idea into effect. To scheme often describes plans done in a devious way or with intent to bring about an evil result. The devil schemes to bring your life to ruin, and he employs time-tested methods such as hatred, fear, lust, covetousness, addictions, and so on. C.S. Lewis gave insightful descriptions of his schemes in The Screwtape Letters.

What’s the best way to combat the evil one’s schemes? To submit yourself to God and pray, “May your will be done” (Matthew 26:42).

For example, it was God’s will that Jesus be crucified for the sins of the world, but Peter argued against it. So Jesus told him, “Get behind Me, Satan!...for you are not setting your mind on God’s interests, but man’s” (Matthew 16:23). Man’s interests and “the will of the flesh” (John 1:13) often parallel Satan’s will, because both are selfish.

How do you become “strong in the Lord…so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes”? Simple. “Submit yourselves…to God.” Then you will have spiritual strength. Then you can “resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7).
This is a wonderful thread my very good friend. When I think of the power of Jesus' might, I think of this Scripture....
Hebrews 1:1-3 was part of my devotion on Thursday morning and the wonderful Holy Spirit really woke me up like He does when we say to ourselves, "wow, I haven't considered this before."

The word of His power. The Syriac version renders it, "by the power of his word", and that is what the Spirit of Elohim (God) is pointing out to me.

Staff Member
@Chopper
Awesome sharing brother!!!!
You have been on my mind lately.
Praying all is well with you and yours!

Manly hug & kiss on the check my dear brother! :smile:

With the Love of Christ Jesus Brother.
Nick
<><

Active
@Chopper
Awesome sharing brother!!!!
You have been on my mind lately.
Praying all is well with you and yours!

Manly hug & kiss on the check my dear brother! :smile:

With the Love of Christ Jesus Brother.
Nick
<><
Good to hear from you old Buddy. This latest bout with pneumonia almost did me in, actually I wish it had. I spent so much time in the hospital, and after a week and a half flat on my back, I'm to weak to renew to renew my drivers license according to Massachusetts strict senior driving laws for all over 75 yours of age. Not much left to my life anymore. All my hobbies involve driving. :angry:

Love You Nick,
Chopper

Staff Member
Good to hear from you old Buddy. This latest bout with pneumonia almost did me in, actually I wish it had. I spent so much time in the hospital, and after a week and a half flat on my back, I'm to weak to renew to renew my drivers license according to Massachusetts strict senior driving laws for all over 75 yours of age. Not much left to my life anymore. All my hobbies involve driving. :angry:

Love You Nick,
Chopper

Hello Dear Brother,
Sorry to hear you've been sick. Just keep your perspective right! Works not done brother, or you'd be home already!!! I'm sure even with all the time in the hospital, that God had you touching the lives of those He brought to you to be a witness to :smile: If I didn't know better I'd be wondering who actually was Ministering whom in that hospital! :wink:

The Driver's Licensing is just another opportunity to present your credentials, in the Lord of Course!!! You just might find a Matthew there to guide amongst all that bureaucracy Brother. So, don't worry about the hobbies, they'll keep till you get back to them :smile:

No worries on the age either brother! When I think of age, I think of my own dad who was 68 when I was born :smile: Then I think on Abraham & Sarah and believe that age is just another opportunity for God to work through us to another type of audience and leave all amazed at His wonder working power! However, I'm with you in that sometimes I too have that desire to be home already! Still, I trust He knows what he's doing better than I do. All to a Good Cause!

Will put you in my prayers. Family as well.
Truly Love you Brother!
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><