Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

The Marijuana issue

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by TheSoulTruth, Aug 13, 2017.

?

Do you think marijuana is bad?

This poll will close on Nov 13, 2100 at 2:07 AM.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. Unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Random Thread
  1. Do you think its bad?

I sure don't, in fact God doesn't either.

Even God himself tells us that it was made for us.

I refer you to this scripture,

Genesis 1:29

Want more proof?

Drugs, alcohol and tobacco kill people. Marijuana does not.

2. It just smells bad.

Sent from a mobile device
  3. Hahaha! Not much of an argument there.

But whats funny is that most people think skunks smell bad, then later on in life after they have started smoking then smell a skunk again driving down the road they realize that now they think that they smell good!

Well that is how it was for me anyways, and a lot of other people that I know as well. Like my friends would agree too haha.

4. Um ok.

I prefer manuka. Tastes better with honey.

5. Whats that?

6. There are a lot of things that are permissible, but not everything is beneficial.
    All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. 1 Corinthians 10:23

Keeping in mind that one can use one verse or even verses in scripture and run with it so that it can support almost anything. Context is clearly what we seek to know and understand.

Your opening question really is misleading. Do you think Marijuana is bad?
    The truth is that it's use has been found to be beneficial in some cases, but it also has been found to be harmful in others.

So, is marijuana bad? Not as much as a rock is bad. At least until someone picks it up and hits another person in the head with it. :)

Still, if we know our Rock is the Lord........... :)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    Nick
    <><

Dave M likes this.
  7. Manuka is a plant native to new zealand. It is a pioneer plant of the bush, grows in scrublands and can become a small tree. It can grow in poor soils, windswept coastal areas and is a haven for bees, who love its flowers. It makes the best honey. The leaves can also be used for tea, dried or smoked for food or bbq and the oil is used as an essential oil and has beneficial properties. The leaves are small and pointy and the many flowers are tiny and dainty.

Its latin name is leucospermum. It is also known as tea tree.

Its a great plant and easy to grow, you can also buy ornamental hybrids bred for bigger flowers and colours which can be pink and red. I have seen it growing even near hot springs the only thing that may bother manuka is sooty mould but in general its a versatile plant.

8. We can prove many things with the literal Bible, but that does not mean that they are always proven in the eyes of God. Consider this verse:

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good..." Gen 1:31

Yes, He created it all very good, but, what has happened? The goodness was in God's creation. The evil came with men who used God's creations in ways which God told them not to use them.

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Prov 14:12

Is marijuana bad? If it was created in the beginning then according to Gen 1:31, it was "very good". Is the way a person uses it the Way God would want it to be used? If not, then is it not to be found in the "ways of death"?

So then, when in doubt, would it not be better to consult with God to see how He wants us to use something within His creation? We walk along our own pathway, but without God to guide us, it will surely lead to death.

pookiejr and Christ4Ever like this.
  9. Sorry, its leptospermum not leucospermum. Manuka.

Thr only warning manuka has is if you using as an essential oil not too much of it. I have some used in shampoo.

I wouldnt ever use marijuana as shampoo as it smells bad. Also its illegal. I think it can be used as fibre, but I wouldnt smoke it or use it in cooking, simply cos its got a horrid smell. The synthetic stuff is worse and there have been several warnings that it can kill people and make them dopey. There have been lots of cases of deaths due to synthetic cannabis, because if the chemicals added.

One of my friends says her fiance says uses marijuana for pain relief but is addicted to it, cos without it hes all cranky and irritable. Basically if you using it as a drug and cant do without it then you not in control..its controlling YOU. Some people dont know that if theres pain you just pray and ask God for healing, rather than rely on a drug. If it really worked, you would not have to keep using it ALL the time, and it would have no side effects. Marijuana has a truckload of side effects, basically it drugs you to oblivion, thats not a cure really.