• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Lord Is Creator And Ruler Of All

Staff Member
"Incline Your ear, O LORD, and hear; open Your eyes, O LORD, and see; and hear the words of Sennacherib, which he has sent to reproach the living God. 2 Kings 19:16

When King Hezekiah showed deep humility and cried out to the Lord God, he didn't do it only once. He did it again later with even more fervor. Notice what Hezekiah did. He began his prayer with acclamations of worship. More than ever, Hezekiah rejoiced that the Lord was the Creator of heaven and earth, the only true God, and sovereign over all the nations of the earth.

Then, Hezekiah asked the Lord to take notice of Sennacherib's words of blasphemy and ridicule--words mocking, insulting, and despising the living God. It wasn't a problem when the Assyrian king despised the so-called gods of other lands. After all, they were only man-made idols that anyone could topple or destroy. But no one can blaspheme the one true God and get away with it.

It was in this context that Hezekiah made his request for deliverance--so that every nation on earth would know that the Lord alone is the true and living God. Man's extremity is the perfect platform for proclaiming God's power and supremacy.

Prayer: Lord God, You know my current situation through and through. I'm desperate. I'm utterly dependent on You. Please deliver me--for Your glory, honor, and praise.