The Liberation Won’t Be Televised

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff member
"The Spirit of the LORD [is] upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to [the] poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to [the] captives And recovery of sight to [the] blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; Luke 4:18

August 5, 1944, was a day of liberation for 348 Jewish prisoners, as Polish insurgents stormed a Nazi force-labor camp in Warsaw. The uprising lasted over two months, with the Polish gaining control of the city for a few brief days before German reinforcements and a lack of Allied help wore them down.

The urban combat you face today doesn’t involve bombs and tanks, but it does include prisoners of war. Millions upon millions lead lives of quiet desperation—the abandonment of hope inscribed on Dante’s version of hell’s gates. Some have never known anything but hunger and cold and want, and most who have achieved a worldly version of success have found themselves wanting more. Whatever the case, each of us reaches a place where we can go no further—we’ve done all we can and it’s not enough.

Freedom from tyranny has long been one of mankind’s greatest rallying cries. If Jesus has liberated you from the tyranny of self and sin, join Him in the work of pointing others to His freedom. Don’t be a good man settling for less in this life; be an honest man following a great God as He works in and through you to change the world.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eric E Stahl Evidence & Prophecy 11