• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

The Least

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God [which was] with me. 1 Corinthians 15:9-10

Paul's background wasn't a secret. Prior to his conversion, he persecuted the Church. He watched approvingly as Stephen was stoned (Acts 22:20) It's no wonder Paul considered himself the least of the apostles. But the grace of God changed him.

It's difficult to have an inflated ego when you have such a checkered past. Maybe that's your story too. Surely, you did things in the past that you regret, but if you've called on the name of the Lord for salvation, you've tasted the same grace of God that Paul is talking about in today's verse.

Do you consider yourself the least of the men at your church? Or in your Bible study? Or have you been around the church long enough that your ego has become inflated? Paul had quite the religious background (see Philippians 3:3-6), but he had no confidence in his post-conversion flesh. Nor should any Christian.

Prayer: Lord, apart from Your grace, I am nothing--a worm among worms. With Your grace, I am redeemed but still among the least in Your kingdom. For I know my own heart too well to believe otherwise.