• Welcome to Talk Jesus

    A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

    Register Log In

The Lazy Body?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Member
I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a lot of apathy in the church. people are just plain lazy. They go to Church on sunday morning , and thats it. That is especially true in the Slavic community ( Russian, Ukrainian).

I'm not saying that is true for everyone else, hopefully not, but take a look around and encourage others that are not as active in the ministry/church. It could be as simple as going out there on stage, despite the stage fright, and saying a testimony about what God did for you, or maybe go out on the streets and tell someone about God's everlasting love, or just be the person that welcomes everyone that comes in to your church. If you are not going to do anything, i ask you to pray for those that are, so they don't have to carry the burden alone.

We are the body, lets not let the body of Christ just stand there and do nothing. There are people out there that need to be saved!
 
Member
hey Yegor. nicely said. I agree with you. our churches are pretty bad huh? Lately in my church the youth stopped participating so much. church is just plain boring. Well not boring, the sermons are quite interesting, but the singing, poetry, music is missing. and the activities lack people. But yes, We do need to start telling people about how wonderful and awesome God is, afterall, isn't that what we're here for? well God bless you all.
Tanya
 
Member
There is a song by Casting Crowns calling "If we are the body" and it relates to this, and i really like the lyrics..

It's crowded in worship today
As she slips in trying to fade into the faces
The girls teasing laughter is carrying farther than they know
Farther than they know

But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way

A traveler is far away from home
He sheds his coat and quietly sinks into the back row
The weight of their judgmental glances
Tells him that his chances are better out on the road

But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way

Jesus paid much too high a price
For us to pick and choose who should come
And we are the body of Christ

But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way

Jesus is the way
 
Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Hi, yegoryeliz!

I believe that the Lord has given you a burden for His people. I will pray for you.

Luke 21:25-36, NKJ

25 And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;

26 men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a could with power and great glory.

28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draw near.

29 Then He spoke to them a parable: Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.

30 When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near.

31 So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of god is near.

32 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.

33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

34 But take heed to yourselves, lest you hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and the cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.

35 For is will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.


yegoryeliz said:
I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a lot of apathy in the church. people are just plain lazy. They go to Church on sunday morning , and thats it. That is especially true in the Slavic community ( Russian, Ukrainian).

I'm not saying that is true for everyone else, hopefully not, but take a look around and encourage others that are not as active in the ministry/church. It could be as simple as going out there on stage, despite the stage fright, and saying a testimony about what God did for you, or maybe go out on the streets and tell someone about God's everlasting love, or just be the person that welcomes everyone that comes in to your church. If you are not going to do anything, i ask you to pray for those that are, so they don't have to carry the burden alone.

We are the body, lets not let the body of Christ just stand there and do nothing. There are people out there that need to be saved!
 
Member
Apathy is the oposite of LOVE.

Apathy is the opposite of LOVE.

Ideas: Is there a Soup Kitchen in your town to help the hungry, if not you might start one. Dose your Church have Fellowship get togathers? Dose your church have a choir, if not you may start one. Dose your church form groups to help the Elderly or the Disabled, if not you might want to start some. Dose your church have yearly picnics?....etc.



In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD.
:love: Yeshua
:boy_hug:







yegoryeliz said:
I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a lot of apathy in the church. people are just plain lazy. They go to Church on sunday morning , and thats it. That is especially true in the Slavic community ( Russian, Ukrainian).

I'm not saying that is true for everyone else, hopefully not, but take a look around and encourage others that are not as active in the ministry/church. It could be as simple as going out there on stage, despite the stage fright, and saying a testimony about what God did for you, or maybe go out on the streets and tell someone about God's everlasting love, or just be the person that welcomes everyone that comes in to your church. If you are not going to do anything, i ask you to pray for those that are, so they don't have to carry the burden alone.

We are the body, lets not let the body of Christ just stand there and do nothing. There are people out there that need to be saved!
 
Member
maxcell said:
There is a song by Casting Crowns calling "If we are the body" and it relates to this, and i really like the lyrics..

It's crowded in worship today
As she slips in trying to fade into the faces
The girls teasing laughter is carrying farther than they know
Farther than they know

But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way

A traveler is far away from home
He sheds his coat and quietly sinks into the back row
The weight of their judgmental glances
Tells him that his chances are better out on the road

But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way

Jesus paid much too high a price
For us to pick and choose who should come
And we are the body of Christ

But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing them there is a way?
There is a way

Jesus is the way


maxcell, i was actually thinking about that song while i was writing the post
 
Member
Yeshua said:
Apathy is the opposite of LOVE.

Ideas: Is there a Soup Kitchen in your town to help the hungry, if not you might start one. Dose your Church have Fellowship get togathers? Dose your church have a choir, if not you may start one. Dose your church form groups to help the Elderly or the Disabled, if not you might want to start some. Dose your church have yearly picnics?....etc.



In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD.
:love: Yeshua
:boy_hug:
yeshua, my church has everything u mentioned exept the soup kitchen, but the problem here was not the lack of activities/ministry oportunities but a lack of participation.
 

Similar threads

Top