• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Knowledge of God

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
The Knowledge of God

God taught the Apostle Paul some things that were so profound, that he (Paul) prayed to God to reveal these same things to his Church. It was so important that Paul prayed this prayer over, and over again every day without ceasing. When I first saw this in scripture, I began to pray the same prayer too not only for my self, but my family, and those to whom I knew.

Eph 1:15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
Eph 1:16 CEASE NOT TO GIVE THANKS FOR YOU, MAKING MENTION OF YOU IN MY PRAYERS;

What Paul prayed for unceasingly was....

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, THE FATHER OF GLORY, MAY GIVE UNTO YOU THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM AND REVELATION in the knowledge of him:

This prayer was that God would give his Church the SPIRIT of “WISDOM”, and “REVELATION”..
Wisdom, and revelation is always about God himself, which Paul says. “...IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIM...”

The word “knowledge” here is not the same kind of knowledge you get by just picking up the Bible and reading it. People can tell you many things about what the Bible says within it's pages, and that is not bad at all. This kind of knowledge here only comes from one person, and that is God himself. It is a intimate, loving transfer of understanding that is like two lovers sharing with each other their most deeply held secrets.

The method in how this would be done is found in the next verse......

Eph 1:18 HAVING THE EYES OF YOUR HEARTS ENLIGHTENED, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,

God is light, and when he enlightens the eyes of your heart with himself, you see things that were once hidden from your view previously, but are now made clear. There are three things the Lord wants us to see, and understand.

The Lord desires to unveil himself to us, so can see him crowed with Glory and honor, which the Bible tells us what we should be seeing now!!! “....We do not see all things put under him, but we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than angels for the suffering of death, crowned with Glory, and honor...”
(Hebrews 2:9)

Eph 1:18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, THAT YOU MAY KNOW WHAT IS THE HOPE TO WHICH HE HAS CALLED YOU, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,

The word “KNOW” in this verse is the Greek word which means, “TO SEE”. Obviously, when your “EYES” are ENLIGHTENED you see something!!! See what? The HOPE to which we have been called.
Our HOPE of Glory is Jesus Christ!!!! (Col 1:27)

Col 1:27 To whom GOD WOULD MAKE KNOWN what is the riches of THE GLORY OF THIS MYSTERY among the Gentiles; WHICH IS CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY:

The Lord God has “RESERVED” this only for himself to reveal. No man, or any other being was given this job, which is why Paul prayed to God to reveal this to his Church, as he knew he could not do it. God would make known the mystery that has been hidden for ages, but is now being unveiled by God to his Church which is Christ in you our hope of Glory!!! This is what he wants us to see!!!

The second thing the Lord wants us to see, and understand is.......

Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, AND WHAT THE RICHES OF THE GLORY OF HIS INHERITANCE IN THE SAINTS,

The Lord wants us to understand what he is getting out of all this which he has done. Just as we have an inheritance, and are able to partake of that inheritance today, God also has an inheritance which is us!!! The Lord is just as excited over us being his inheritance, and probably much more, than what we are over him being our exceeding great reward, and inheritance!!

The third thing the Lord wants us to see, and understand is.....

Eph 1:19 AND WHAT IS THE EXCEEDING GREATNESS OF HIS POWER TO US-WARD WHO BELIEVE, according to the working of his mighty power,

We can not exercise power we don't know, or believe we have!! We have the same power dwelling inside us that God used to create the worlds, and the exact same power he used to raise up Jesus Christ from the dead!!

Rom 8:11 But IF THE SPIRIT OF HIM THAT RAISED UP JESUS FROM THE DEAD DWELL IN YOU, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

This power and authority executed in the name of Jesus Christ extends above every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come!!! These things can only be seen, and understood after our “EYES” of our HEARTS have been enlightened by God himself. They can not be “mentally” assented to or mentally understood in our brain.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Curtis Devotionals 0
Curtis Devotionals 0
R Bible Discussions 24