• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Joy of Your Salvation

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin. Selah. Psalm 85:2

Today's verse is a clear presentation of the Gospel in the Old Testament. The writer understood that humankind could never atone for its own sin--that God would need to take it away from His people and cover it, to be remembered no more.

In historical context, the writer was referring to when God's people were brought back from Babylonian captivity.

Can you think of a time when you had to deal with the consequences of your sin--a time in which you felt far from God but then experienced a complete restoration the way this writer did? How did you express the joy you felt? Did you tell others? Write about it? Sing about it? Worship? Dance for joy? Any of these responses would be appropriate.

If you can't think of a time in which you had to deal with the consequences of your sin and then were able to celebrate God's faithfulness, you're probably not looking hard enough. As David prayed in Psalm 51:12, "Restore to me the joy of your salvation."

Prayer: Lord, my sin is a burden to me. It's heavy, and it weighs me down. But You are a forgiving God, and I trust in You to completely pardon me.