• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The House of Ephraim in mourning

Active
The House of Ephraim - the Monarchy of Britain - is in mourning today with the death of Prince Philip husband to Queen Elizabeth II
they were married on 20th November 1947 in Westminster Abbey - so just short of 74 years in matrimony.
God save the Queen!

Prince-Phillip-5.jpg

Active
Coat-of-arms-Britain.png

The story and history of British Israel - from Jeremiah the prophet and the two daughters of Zedekiah - over to Ireland with the Stone of Scone (the Stone of Destiny).
The Stone of Destiny is reputed to be the very stone that Jacob laid his head upon 9Bethel)when he had a vision of a stairway to heaven with angels ascending and descending and with GOD standing above.
First these daughters gave lineage to Judah through the kings of Ireland and later the stone was taken to Scotland where again kings were anointed over the stone.
Then Edward I took the Stone of Destiny from Scotland in 1296 and with James VI of Scotland becoming James I of England the eventual unification of Britain became a reality in 1801 as the United Kingdom of ...

Genesis 28:11 And he came to a certain place and stayed there that night, because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones of the place, he put it under his head and lay down in that place to sleep.
Gen 28:12 And he dreamed, and behold, there was a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven. And behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.
Geology confirms that the stone is from the region near Beersheba.

Last edited:
Active
BRITAIN > BRITISH ISRAEL > EPHRAIM > the name for the incorporation of the dispersed 10 tribes of Israel in Europe and abroad.

Genesis 48:1 And it happened that after these things, it was said to Joseph, "Behold, your father is ill." And he took his two sons with him, Ephraim and Manasseh.
2 And it was told to Jacob, "Behold, your son Joseph has come to you." Then Israel strengthened himself and he sat up in the bed.
3 Then Jacob said to Joseph, "El-Shaddai appeared to me in Luz (Bethel), in the land of Canaan, and blessed me,
4 and said to me, 'Behold, I will make you fruitful and make you numerous, and will make you a company of nations. And I will give this land to your offspring after you as an everlasting possession.

13 And Joseph took the two of them, Ephraim at his right to the left of Israel, and Manasseh at his left to the right of Israel. And he brought them near to him.
14 And Israel stretched out his right hand and put it on the head of Ephraim (now he was the younger), and his left hand on the head of Manasseh, crossing his hands, for Manasseh was the firstborn.
15 And he blessed Joseph and said, "The God before whom my fathers, Abraham and Isaac, walked, The God who shepherded me all my life unto this day,
16 The angel who redeemed me from all evil, may he bless the boys. And through them let my name be perpetuated, and the name of my fathers, Abraham and Isaac. And let them multiply into many in the midst of the earth.
17 When Joseph saw that his father put his right hand on the head of Ephraim, he was displeased. And he took hold of his father's hand to remove it from the head of Ephraim over to the head of Manasseh.
18 And Joseph said to his father, "Not so, my father; because this one is the firstborn. Put your right upon his head."
19 But his father refused and said, "I know, my son; I know. He also shall become a people, and he also shall be great, but his younger brother shall be greater than him, and his offspring shall become a multitude of nations."
20 So he blessed them that day, saying, Through you Israel shall pronounce blessing, saying, 'May God make you like Ephraim and like Manasseh.'" So he put Ephraim before Manasseh.

Manasseh the older child = U.S.A. (1776) was there to save and support twice his younger brother Ephraim (the United Kingdom 1801) from the tribe of Dan.
A multitude of nations > the British Empire > the Commonwealth of Nations.

Active
BRITAIN > BRITISH ISRAEL > EPHRAIM > the name for the incorporation of the dispersed 10 tribes of Israel in Europe and abroad.

Genesis 48:1 And it happened that after these things, it was said to Joseph, "Behold, your father is ill." And he took his two sons with him, Ephraim and Manasseh.
2 And it was told to Jacob, "Behold, your son Joseph has come to you." Then Israel strengthened himself and he sat up in the bed.
3 Then Jacob said to Joseph, "El-Shaddai appeared to me in Luz (Bethel), in the land of Canaan, and blessed me,
4 and said to me, 'Behold, I will make you fruitful and make you numerous, and will make you a company of nations. And I will give this land to your offspring after you as an everlasting possession.

13 And Joseph took the two of them, Ephraim at his right to the left of Israel, and Manasseh at his left to the right of Israel. And he brought them near to him.
14 And Israel stretched out his right hand and put it on the head of Ephraim (now he was the younger), and his left hand on the head of Manasseh, crossing his hands, for Manasseh was the firstborn.
15 And he blessed Joseph and said, "The God before whom my fathers, Abraham and Isaac, walked, The God who shepherded me all my life unto this day,
16 The angel who redeemed me from all evil, may he bless the boys. And through them let my name be perpetuated, and the name of my fathers, Abraham and Isaac. And let them multiply into many in the midst of the earth.
17 When Joseph saw that his father put his right hand on the head of Ephraim, he was displeased. And he took hold of his father's hand to remove it from the head of Ephraim over to the head of Manasseh.
18 And Joseph said to his father, "Not so, my father; because this one is the firstborn. Put your right upon his head."
19 But his father refused and said, "I know, my son; I know. He also shall become a people, and he also shall be great, but his younger brother shall be greater than him, and his offspring shall become a multitude of nations."
20 So he blessed them that day, saying, Through you Israel shall pronounce blessing, saying, 'May God make you like Ephraim and like Manasseh.'" So he put Ephraim before Manasseh.

Manasseh the older child = U.S.A. (1776) was there to save and support twice his younger brother Ephraim (the United Kingdom 1801) from the tribe of Dan.
A multitude of nations > the British Empire > the Commonwealth of Nations.

Not sure I understand

Active
@Mayflower - the 10 lost tribes of Israel are not as lost as many claim.
Bible scholars, archaeologists and Bible historians have developed many studies on the travels and locations of these 10 tribes.
In a nutshell they migrated from Assyria (Iraq) up through the Caucasus Mountains between the Caspian Sea and the Black Sea and around the top of the Black Sea westwards (Ukraine) and became the various waves
of tribal "barbarians" that swept through into Europe and Scandinavia > becoming modern European nations from Russia to Ireland.

The ten tribes of Israel were often called Ephraim collectively just as the remnant tribes of the southern kingdom were called Judah.
Salvation would be taken away from Judah and given to other the gentiles - who would receive a new covenant from God - wherein He would put his Holy Spirit into people and the Law would be written on our hearts.
So it makes good sense that the descendants of Abraham that settled in Europe would become the recipients of this salvation and truly Europe became a Christian civilization.

Joseph is not named as a tribe of Israel but rather his two sons are listed making actually 13 tribes originally - Ephraim became Britain and the British monarchy is the premier house of royalty in Europe; and Manasseh
became the U.S.A. - two brothers with the older (1776) serving the younger (1801).
Genesis 49 contains prophecies given by Joseph concerning the futures of his many sons: for example; verse 16 "Dan shall judge his people as one of the tribes of Israel." - this happened when the German peoples and others deemed
Jews (Judah) to be Jews and not Europeans > the holocaust.

There are many many books on the subject of the 10 lost tribes, and British Israel. Some are rather fanciful (like Jesus travelled to Britain as a youth) to good scholarship of history and language origins.

Active
@Mayflower - there is much to indicate the specific nations in history that the Bible includes in prophecy -
Because Joseph was not a tribe of Israel but his two sons Ephraim and Manasseh become tribes in their own thus making 13 tribes of Israel
God gives promises to Jacob (Israel) about future peoples and nations
Genesis 35:10 And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
11 And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

Many scholars argue the case that this is prophecy concerning Britain and her empire and the U.S.A. - and America has proved instrumental in the last days (post 1918) in defending Ephraim and in assisting the
creation of the modern nation of Israel.

Active
@Mayflower - is the U.S.A. really the lost 13th tribe of the northern kingdom Israel ???

USA-CoA.png
and
US_Dollar.jpg

The number 13 reappears at many times in The Great Seal of the U.S.A. - 13 colonies that rebelled and declared independence
13 stars in the crest
13 stripes in the shield
13 olive leaves and 13 olives
13 feathers on each arrow
13 letters in “E Pluribus Unum” (Out of many one)
13 letters in “Annuit Coeptis” (He hath prospered our beginning) on $ bill
13 courses (levels) in the pyramid on $ bill

and I believe that you have 13 stripes on your flag representing the original 13 colonies.

Active
Hello @Downunder,

Do you not have an answer to give, to my question, asked in reply#7?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
There are many many books on the subject of the 10 lost tribes, and British Israel.
Some are rather fanciful (like Jesus travelled to Britain as a youth) but there is also good scholarship of history, language origins., migrations of people through the Caucasus region into Europe.
The British themselves have extensive historical traditions concerning the Stone of Destiny which is fitted into Edward I's coronation throne. Historically first the kings of Ireland were anointed with oil over this stone,
then the kings of Scotland were anointed on this stone - English kings took up the practice of standing next to a large stone for their anointings - until 1296 when Edward I forcibly took the Stone of Scone (to the Scottish)
and brought it to London and had it fitted into his wooden coronation chair - the English renamed the stone as the Stone of Destiny and their kings and queens have been anointed over this stone for the last 724 years.
Queen Elizabeth II herself was anointed and coronated over the Stone in the chair underneath her.

Genesis 28:16 Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place; and I did not know it.” 17 And he was afraid, and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God,
and this is the gate of heaven.”
18 So Jacob rose early in the morning, and he took the stone which he had put under his head and set it up for a pillar and poured oil on the top of it. 19 He called the name of that place Bethel;[d] but the name of the city was Luz at the first.

Active
@complete --- the story of British Israel >> Ephraim >> begins with Jeremiah the prophet taking the two surviving daughters of the last king of Judah, Zedekiah, at the destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar,
and fleeing with them and the Stone over to Ireland. The Irish themselves have history as to this.

Stone-of-Scone.jpg
and
Stone_of_Destiny.jpg
and
Stone_of_Scone_2.jpg

Loyal
Re. replies #12 & #13

Hello @Downunder,

Thank you for responding. I do appreciate the time and effort you have taken to do so. I have heard about the stone and the throne, and also of the term 'British Israel', without knowing detail concerning either: being rather dismissive of what I considered to be myths and fables. I have sought for information concerning the two daughters of Zedekiah following the destruction of Jerusalem that you refer to, starting with Jeremiah 41:10, referencing Josephus' work:- 'Antiquities of the Jews' (Book10, chapter 9:4). What lies beyond this I will leave with the Lord. For my main concern is to know Christ and enter into all the fulness of God in Him.

Thank you.
Within the love of Christ our Saviour
our risen and glorified Lord and Head.
Chris