• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

The Heart of God

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6:14-15

Forgiveness is closely related to trust. God knows it's your greatest need and so provided a Savior for you. In return, you choose to respond to Him in faith, trusting Him to save you. Then, you're to extend forgiveness to others--both the news of God's forgiveness in Christ and your own forgiveness to those who have wronged you personally.

Saying "I'm sorry" is a start, but it can only express your regrets. To ask someone to forgive you is to put the power in their hands--to say, "In order to make this right, I need you to let go of the wrong I've done you." It's a gift to forgive and be forgiven.

When Abram interceded on Sodom's behalf, he asked, "Should not the Judge of all the earth do what is right?" (Genesis 18:25). He believed that God would forgive any who repented and sought His forgiveness. That's God's heart.

God loves to turn your mistakes into blessings, but forgiveness is key to that. When you take refuge in God, and put your trust in Him (Psalm 7:1), He will help you to deal with the consequences of all the things that need to be forgiven.

Prayer: God, I trust You to turn mistakes into blessings. Help me to forgive and to seek forgiveness from others.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Sermons 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0