• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

The heart is deceitful above All Things and BEYOND Cure, who can understand it?

Active
Yes, GOD does know our Hearts!

For. From within the hearts of a human being comes evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, debauchery, envy, sander, arrogance, and foolishness.

This is a evil in everything that is done under the sun; There is one fate for everyone. Further more, the Hearts of a human being is full of evil and madness while they are alive, and afterward they join the dead.

And ye have done worse than your fathers, for behold, ye walk everyone after "The Imagination of His evil Heart, that they may not hearken unto me.

And God saw that the wickedness of a human being was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of their Hearts was only evil continually.

As it has been written; there is none righteous, not even one. There is no one who understands, no one who seeks God.

"Why call me Good? Jesus replied, No one is good except God alone".

Loyal
Jeremiah 17:9
(AMPC) The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly perverse and corrupt and severely, mortally sick! Who can know it [perceive, understand, be acquainted with his own heart and mind]? [Mat_13:15-17; Mar_7:21-23; Eph_4:20-24]
(ASV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it?
(BBE) The heart is a twisted thing, not to be searched out by man: who is able to have knowledge of it?
(CEV) You people of Judah are so deceitful that you even fool yourselves, and you can't change.
(CSB) The heart is more deceitful than anything else, and incurable—who can understand it?
(ESV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?
(GNB) "Who can understand the human heart? There is nothing else so deceitful; it is too sick to be healed.
(GW) "The human mind is the most deceitful of all things. It is incurable. No one can understand how deceitful it is.
(HCSB) The heart is more deceitful than anything else, and incurable—who can understand it?
(Hebrew OT+) עקבH6121 הלבH3820 מכלH3605 ואנשׁH605 הואH1931 מיH4310 ידענו׃H3045
(ISV) "The heart is more deceitful than anything. It is incurable—who can know it?
(KJV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
(KJVA) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
(MKJV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?
(MSG) "The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out.
(NAS77) "The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?
(NASB) "The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?
(NIrV) A human heart is more dishonest than anything else. It can't be healed. Who can understand it?
(NIV) The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
(NKJV) "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?
(NLT) “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?
(RV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is desperately sick: who can know it?

It's interesting the NIV says there is no cure, but most of the others do not say this. If our hearts can't be cured and changed by Jesus, we are all in trouble.

Active
Jeremiah 17:9
(AMPC) The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly perverse and corrupt and severely, mortally sick! Who can know it [perceive, understand, be acquainted with his own heart and mind]? [Mat_13:15-17; Mar_7:21-23; Eph_4:20-24]
(ASV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it?
(BBE) The heart is a twisted thing, not to be searched out by man: who is able to have knowledge of it?
(CEV) You people of Judah are so deceitful that you even fool yourselves, and you can't change.
(CSB) The heart is more deceitful than anything else, and incurable—who can understand it?
(ESV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?
(GNB) "Who can understand the human heart? There is nothing else so deceitful; it is too sick to be healed.
(GW) "The human mind is the most deceitful of all things. It is incurable. No one can understand how deceitful it is.
(HCSB) The heart is more deceitful than anything else, and incurable—who can understand it?
(Hebrew OT+) עקבH6121 הלבH3820 מכלH3605 ואנשׁH605 הואH1931 מיH4310 ידענו׃H3045
(ISV) "The heart is more deceitful than anything. It is incurable—who can know it?
(KJV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
(KJVA) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
(MKJV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?
(MSG) "The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out.
(NAS77) "The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?
(NASB) "The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it?
(NIrV) A human heart is more dishonest than anything else. It can't be healed. Who can understand it?
(NIV) The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
(NKJV) "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?
(NLT) “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?
(RV) The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is desperately sick: who can know it?

It's interesting the NIV says there is no cure, but most of the others do not say this. If our hearts can't be cured and changed by Jesus, we are all in trouble.
Just adding and not dis agreeing:
Just wait, there will be more translations and paraphrases before the year is over. Leading more and more from the "Oringinal Copied Manuscript" which is the "Word of GOD". You know for yourself, people have been so deludedin thelast few decades, they think a "Translation" or a "paraphrase" is the very "Word of GOD", Even though in the "Preface" of a good translation will tell you it is not the word of God, but a translation of one of the "Oringinal Coipied Manuscript". Either "Textus Receptus" regarding the "new Testament" or the "Critical Text". Or "Majority Text" concerning the Greek New Testament writings. But now days so called translations are only a translation of a translation. And some paraphrases are paraphrases that are paraphrased from some other Translation. And we also have "Translations" created from other Translations.

I Thank God, in the late "1970's" one of the "Electives" you had to take up for any bible classes was: "Why so many Versions". And "introduction to the Bible"'and how "Translations are made". And the new field, that they called "Paraphrase bibles". And how copyrights are so important. Concerning the serious bible studies".

So i do thank God, i got a understanding what the bible was, and its structure and the difference between the "Word of GOD" and a translation of the word of God and how to read the "Greek Text" and which translation is more of a "word for word" copy of the "Original Copied Manuscript". And i do have a favorite concerning serious study concerning the text. And i do have a special copyright translation and edition concerning seroius study. And a special translation and copyright date and publisher edition for reading translations. [in that class 2 favorites]. And throught out the past decades 'Bibilical scholars' have found also attractive. I know each reader has their own preference. That is why, there are so many translations, pharaphases and Hybrids of all types of "Bibles".

For this was one of the "Arguments" the church had concerning, translating the "Bible" into the common man's language, that it will open the door to all kinds, of variances. And that is why many "Christians lost their lives in violent deaths at the hands of the christian church, to protect the "True Written word of God", from the biases. But the Reformers replied: "so let it be so, that at least the "Faithful" would received the truth. So there will be, all kinds of translations and paraphases and bible hybrids, replacement words, new definitions of biblical words and the worlds words as we continue living in this world, as words and books has so change throughout the "centuries". Are their always been "err". As ere long we go.
"Etymology" is real and needful, concerning the "Truth" in "the biblical text". And you know that because I have observed you describing and putting the field of "Etymology" into the "biblical text".

And you know this, in some translation the word heart is referring to a persons 'being'. Sometimes the word Heart is referring to a persons "soul". In lessor terms a person spirit. And in biblical terms the flesh, And physical terms the heart is only a organ that will return to dust, when it dies, it's purpose is to pump blood.

(Pro 4:23). Keep thy heart with all dilligence; for out of itare the issues of life.

(Matt. 15:19).
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, theifts, false witness, blasphemies.

When a person commits these things it comes out of them. When you stray, it comes from your own wicked heart. If you fail to received the truth, about yourself. We have a very big problem. And always pointing the finger.

We use to sing this song all the time in church services: "it's not my brother or my sister but it is me O Lord, standing in the need of prayer. It is not my husband or my children but it is me O Lord standing in the need of prayer.

That song use to run deep! No matter what the other person had done or done to me, it was Me O lord, who is in error! And i need prayer. The new christianity of today, the other person is wrong, and we gossip about them and say all kinds of evil against them, opening the door for a host of demons to attack them! And letting the devil take a stonghold in us. And now we have become the devil's "CEO", with rewards, and do not realize we have sold out for 30 pieces of Silver in ancient terms. And not understanding we have excepted a new Employer, the "Perfect Deceiver"! Created by "Jesus Christ" himself the very Word of God. Is this not Apostasy?