• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Hand of Rescue

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
[The righteous] cry out, and the LORD hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. Psalm 34:17

A man dangles from a tree root just over the cliff's edge. He shouts for help. If he fails, he'll be injured or killed He needs to be rescued. Another man hears his cries and makes his way to the edge of the cliff. He offers a hand and pulls the first man to safety.

It seems like a simple exchange, but there were decisions to be made. The first man had to recognize his situation and ask for help. The second man had to come close enough to offer help. The first man also had to decide whether he'd trust the second man could help him

You're the first man and Jesus is the second. He can rescue if you cry for help--and if you accept His help. As you learn more about the Lord who reached down and drew you to safety, you'll find a richer and deeper sense of gratitude. The One who rescued you was the only One who could answer your call.

Cry out for help. The Lord is listening.

Prayer: Lord, I can't rescue myself from wrong thinking and bad decision making. Time and gain, You've rescued me from spiritual cliffs. May I always accept Your hand of rescue. Teach me how to avoid the cliffs, and help me to remember the mercy I found in You.