• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

the Great Commission - have we messed up?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

for a coupla years now, the urgency to get people converted/saved has increased. you hear youth ministers and the like constantly saying invite your friends over so we can see people saved. or last week we had 7 decisions. i do not in any want to take away the fact of how important this is, but i sense in my spirit that we have forgotten the essence of the ' the great commission' . Jesus told us to make discples and not decisions. somehow i feel that the church has lost this, and that we are saving souls, but not nuturing them in the Word, not discipling them and teaching them that they too may go and make discples. i mean imagine if every single person who was made their decision at a billy graham crusade, was a mature and Spirit filled disciple... where would we be? i don't i just thought i might say something about it?

19Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. Amen (so let it be).

Hello Redeemed,

I have to agree with you. Sometimes when I have sat in the bigger churches where they really strive to get people to come forward I feel really sad. I always wonder if anyone will have enough time to spend with each individual; because when you're new in Christ it's easy to get swayed and depart from the truth, and a quick follow up is just not good enough.
People are so busy...

However - you know what they say; Don't just whinge about it, do something. Perhaps I should invest some time in discipleship too...mmm

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Sermons & Podcasts 0
Jesus_is_LORD Bible Discussions 5
M Evidence & Prophecy 6