• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

The Gospels only for the Jewish Nation??

Loyal
I have recently encounter this new idea to me, that people are claiming the Gospels are only for the Jewish Nation of Israel..

What and why do you believe ??

@Sue D. hope to hear from you as well as everyone on this,

thanks

Loyal
Matt 4:23; Jesus was going throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness among the people.
Matt 9:35; Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.

Matt 28:18; And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
Matt 28:19; "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Matt 28:20; teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Mark 16:15; And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
Mark 16:16; "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned

2Cor 11:4; For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you accept this without question.
Gal 1:6; I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel;

Matt 25:31; "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
Matt 25:32; "All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;
Matt 25:33; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

What makes you a sheep or a goat? Whether you are a Gentile or a Jew? Or whether you obey the teachings of Jesus?

Last edited:
Loyal
@ Dave M. -- Jesus Christ was born into the Jewish culture. God's plan. God's salvation was to the lost sheep of Israel 1st. and Then, to the Gentile world which means everyone else being included.

Everyone comes to salvation the same way -- through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. His bodily resurrection from the dead on the 3rd day.

Everyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior are brothers and sisters in Christ. Our nationality makes no difference.

It's Also true that the Jewish people rejected Jesus Christ as their promised Messiah. They -- as a people group -- wanted King Jesus to be their King -- NOW back in that time in history. God chose to give them a baby in a manger who would grow up to become Everyone's Savior by dying on the cross of Calvary and rising again bodily on the 3rd day.

Now -- the question that has arisen appears to be this -- IS God finished with the Jewish people -- His Chosen People-- or will there be a time yet coming when the Jews who have not yet accepted Him Will accept Him. There's a passage that says that All Children of Israel Will come to repentence / accept Jesus Christ as their Promised Messiah. Romans 11:26, 27, 29, 32. An interesting passage. God has all knowledge -- He knew from the beginning that even though His chosen people, the Jews would majorly reject Jesus Christ as their Promised Messiah -- that salvation would be extended to everyone else -- the Gentiles. And Then , at some point and in some way -- the non-accepting Jewish people would have another chance To accept Jesus Christ as their Promised Messiah. No one else will have that second chance. At some time in the future -- this world will experience 7 yrs. of Real tribulation. And then half-way through That is when the Great tribulation starts. And there's been and will continue to Be a Lot of discussion relating to That part of coming history.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the Word, that He gave His only begotten Son, that Who So Ever, believeth on Him -- will not perish but have ever lasting life."

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 "Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the Gospel ......by which also you are saved. vs 3 that Christ died for your sins according to the Scripture, that He was buried , and that He rose gain the 3rd day according to the Scriptures "

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Jesus was born under the old covenant yes. But he claim to proclaim the New Covenant, the Gospel! He is our example to follow.

John 13:15; "For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you.
1Tim 1:16; Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.
1Pet 2:21; For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps,

anyone who doesn't follow Jesus and do what Jesus did is not worthy of Him.

Matt 10:38; "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
Mark 8:34; And He summoned the crowd with His disciples, and said to them, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.
Luke 9:23; And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.
John 10:27; "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
John 12:26; "If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.

When you follow the leader, you do what they did. When they sit, you sit. When run, you run. When they jump, you jump. If you're not trying to follow Jesus's example, you're not following Jesus.

Luke 6:46; "Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Jesus said teach "ALL" the nations to do what I did.

Matt 28:19; "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Matt 28:20; teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

With all these verses that say to follow Jesus's example. Even "all the nations" to observe all that Jesus taught, why would anyone believe otherwise.
There is no verse in the Bible that says "don't do what Jesus taught".

Some people who quote 1Cor 15, like to stop before they get to the end.
1Cor 15:34; Become sober-minded as you ought, and stop sinning; for some have no knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame.

Matt 7:24; "Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.
Matt 7:25; "And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.
Matt 7:26; "Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
Matt 7:27; "The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall."

Jesus didn't say "the Jews need to do what I say"... He said "everyone".

1Cor 7:19; Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.

Paul didn't say do what I say. He said keep the commandments of God. Is Jesus God?

1Jn 2:3; By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jn 2:4; The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1Jn 3:22; and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.
1Jn 3:24; The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Loyal
@ Dave M. -- Jesus Christ was born into the Jewish culture. God's plan. God's salvation was to the lost sheep of Israel 1st. and Then, to the Gentile world which means everyone else being included.

Everyone comes to salvation the same way -- through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. His bodily resurrection from the dead on the 3rd day.

Everyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior are brothers and sisters in Christ. Our nationality makes no difference.

It's Also true that the Jewish people rejected Jesus Christ as their promised Messiah. They -- as a people group -- wanted King Jesus to be their King -- NOW back in that time in history. God chose to give them a baby in a manger who would grow up to become Everyone's Savior by dying on the cross of Calvary and rising again bodily on the 3rd day.

Now -- the question that has arisen appears to be this -- IS God finished with the Jewish people -- His Chosen People-- or will there be a time yet coming when the Jews who have not yet accepted Him Will accept Him. There's a passage that says that All Children of Israel Will come to repentence / accept Jesus Christ as their Promised Messiah. Romans 11:26 , 27, 29 , 32. An interesting passage. God has all knowledge -- He knew from the beginning that even though His chosen people, the Jews would majorly reject Jesus Christ as their Promised Messiah -- that salvation would be extended to everyone else -- the Gentiles. And Then , at some point and in some way -- the non-accepting Jewish people would have another chance To accept Jesus Christ as their Promised Messiah. No one else will have that second chance. At some time in the future -- this world will experience 7 yrs. of Real tribulation. And then half-way through That is when the Great tribulation starts. And there's been and will continue to Be a Lot of discussion relating to That part of coming history.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the Word, that He gave His only begotten Son, that Who So Ever, believeth on Him -- will not perish but have ever lasting life."

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 "Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the Gospel ......by which also you are saved. vs 3 that Christ died for your sins according to the Scripture, that He was buried , and that He rose gain the 3rd day according to the Scriptures "
Sue thanks for the comments, in which I mostly agree with you, so we agree the gospels are for everyone not just Jewish people right

Loyal

Jesus was fulfilling the law, and building his church at the same time IMO

the main push back I get when saying this is from people who cut things into time periods (like Jesus could not do 2 things at once), saying Jesus did only Jewish things, seems these people are what they call
"Dispensationalist" they love to bring up that the church did not start until the Pentecost, I am not really studied up on this, but I would think the church was started when Jesus started gathering his apostles.

parable of the Prodigal son,? the main theme in it was grace.

Or how he told the centurion that he had not seen such faith in all the Israel, back then was it not the law about the law, yet Jesus spoke of faith.

Or how about the 2 debtors and how the master forgave one of all his debt. Grace.

Jesus was fulfilling the law, and building his church at the same time IMO

Jesus himself told all the apostles before his death to go to all the nations and spread the gospel, not to preach law.

Loyal
After doing some research on the web, there doesn't really seem to be a consensus on what dispensationalism is.

But I would ask some questions here.

Before Moses was given the law. How were people like Cain, Abel, Noah, Enoch, and other saved?
Obviously whatever the requirements were for Noah, most of the rest of the earth didn't qualify.

After Moses was given the tablets on the Mountain, people had a direction.. a way to be right with God.
Many people didn't want to follow that way, so God gave us a new way.. (partially new, some things stayed the same)

When Jesus came and died on the cross, many things changed.
No more animal sacrifices, no more priests, no more circumcision, no more stoning people, no more blood on the door at passover.
In fact the majority of those things were just symbols of what Jesus was going to do.

We can call it dispensationalism... but I think what most people really mean is, was there different requirements/methods/processes at different times in order to be right with God?

Loyal
@ Dave M -- I see what you're talking about. The law was meant to show us our need Of salvation. There was / Is no way that a person can keep all the laws all the time -- a person breaking One of them is guilty of all of them.

Jesus Christ became the perfect Lamb of God -- the Final sacrifice when He died on the cross and His bodily resurrection Proved that He was who He said He Was -- the Son of God.

His Church -- referring to all born again believers who've ever lived in the past , present and future -- until He comes back For His Church //// and the local body of believers in the New Testament

Jesus was born a Jew -- born into the world of Jewish beliefs / customs. The Jews were trying to get the Gentile believers to incorporate Jewish practices into salvation. The Jews needed to be circumcized in the Old Testament. But that was Not part of salvation. The Jewish synagogue was where the Jews congregated -- so -- that's the logical place to go to reach them.

Well -- It Was the Day of Pentecost that the Holy Spirit Did start coming upon people.

And Then Jesus Did start choosing His disciples - 1st. The Apostles were after that. Some of the men were Both.

And, yes, the prodigal son -- Grace.

No more need for the law -- Jesus Christ fulfilled it by dying on the cross -- the Final sacrifice.

The universal / world-wide body of believers has Always existed. It's the Local church that started in the New Testament.

Loyal
@ B-A-C -- you're right -- that's what I've also found when researching in Google. And, also - you brought up old testament people like Cain, Abel, Noah , etc. how were They saved?

Genesis tells us that Noah was found to be the only righteous man living / along with his immediate family. So -- How did he 'know' righteousness? The prophets? back then -- His heart was believing -- placing his trust in the Future that he would not see while in this world. The same as We look Back at what we read happened all those centuries ago. We have all of God's Word to read / accept or reject. And the Holy Spirit that works in our hearts.

It's called dispensationalism in some form or another.

Our salvation is made possible by the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross and His bodily resurrection. A person's acceptance or rejection of it. If a person chooses to reject it -- they won't be saved.

Active
Some of you may have read this before. I was literally born into dispensationalism :) Dad was a Bible School student at the time mid 40s. . Born in to the Assemblies of God. Not that it makes any difference except for personal background. A few years later we lived at 'Bethany' out side of Santa Cruz. More then once we made our home in the fellowship area of the church building. We grew up on Scofields ideals of dispensationalism. One of our brothers has a 1909 maybe 06, Scofield Bible that had belonged to our grandpa also a pastor. My thoughts and memories of dispensationalism stem from childhood. Quietly setting in church about 3 times a week. as i got older i would be looking in mom's Bible reading the Scofield notes as if they were Scripture simply because those notes were printed on the pages of the Bible. It was kinda fun to follow the references chasing down the verses . Doing the same sorta thing with the song books, writing notes ... turn to page 139 to see who loves danny would get ya in trouble... On the darker side i remember talk of the tribulation seeing hearing the transformation over the years of post mid and pre rapture today i do not remember in which order.

As time went by books became more readily available.. wow has information become a click away. I see a likeness of printing press and the reformation and computers/internet dispensationalism. Scofield has been dead a long time yet his notes have had some tweaking . One that stick out in my mind.
13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
1 Gather
The gathering of the tares into bundles for burning does not imply immediate judgment. At the end of this age the tares are set apart for burning, but first the wheat is gathered into the barn. ;
In the subtilness of the garden ploy notice the slight change the Scripture does not say "but first the wheat is gathered into the barn"

Scofield laid out 7 dispensations Innocency ... conscience... human government ...promise... law... grace.. .kingdom... A simple reading clearly show a complete over lap of his views.

Scofield's notes say " A dispensation is a period of time during which man is tested in respect of obedience to some specific revelation of the will of God."
Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
The word here is 'oikonomos' and the meaning is Strongs... From G3623; administration (of a household or estate); specifically a (religious) “economy”: - dispensation, stewardship.
A couple examples of the same word 'oikonomos' Luke 16 ; 2 and 3 Titis 1;7
Of the 4 times i find the word 'dispensation' in Scripture looking up the Scripture meaning of the word it comes back to G3622

Scofield's teaching went with out much into the church with out checks and balances . I do not speak of Darby as i have never studied anything from him.

Loyal
@Reba1 -- you and I grew up pretty much the same way. Back in the day -- Dr. Scoffield's notes were thought of as almost as inspired as God's Word. My Mother's Bible had the crinkly pages that I like to turn. My Mom worked and sometimes I'd go up to my parent's room -- pick up Mom's Bible and read it. Turning those crinkly pages.

I don't recall the terms of dispensationalism being used. I was in a conservative Baptist church -- GARBC to be exact.

Thanks for sharing.

Loyal
@Reba1 -- you and I grew up pretty much the same way. Back in the day -- Dr. Scoffield's notes were thought of as almost as inspired as God's Word. My Mother's Bible had the crinkly pages that I like to turn. My Mom worked and sometimes I'd go up to my parent's room -- pick up Mom's Bible and read it. Turning those crinkly pages.

I don't recall the terms of dispensationalism being used. I was in a conservative Baptist church -- GARBC to be exact.

Thanks for sharing.
any thoughts on Darby?

Loyal
is this the man you two are referring to

It is possible Scofield was jailed on forgery charges, although there is no extant evidence in the public records. Perhaps in part because of his self-confessed heavy drinking, Scofield abandoned his wife and two daughters during this period.
Parents: Elias Cyrus Scofield, Abigail Goodrich ...
Born: August 19, 1843, Michigan
Died: July 24, 1921

Active
is this the man you two are referring to

It is possible Scofield was jailed on forgery charges, although there is no extant evidence in the public records. Perhaps in part because of his self-confessed heavy drinking, Scofield abandoned his wife and two daughters during this period.
Parents: Elias Cyrus Scofield, Abigail Goodrich ...
Born: August 19, 1843, Michigan
Died: July 24, 1921
Yup that is Scofield .. a womanizing drunk paid by zionist . Not much different then today's TV guys . The subtilness of his variations from scripture IMO made his work dangerous to the Church. Which is shown in his notes on Matt 13

Loyal
@Dave M -- my thoughts on Darby got a bit side-tracked. The geographical area I'm in is predicted to be getting wet stuff -- turning into sleet and snow this evening and tomorrow and Monday. So -- everybody is getting stocked up on groceries -- which included me, this afternoon.

Mr. Darby searched Scripture and saw a pre-trib rapture being presented. And I've agreed with him most of the time,

Loyal
Are you talking about C.I. Scoffield? Because when I clicked into the article that Dave M shared. there's another Scoffield, also.

Loyal
Upon going back and reading all of Scoffied's history -- He Did have a bad time for a while --but in 1879? he came back and had After that been the very influencial scholar / exposotor -- God used him in a great way -- In Spite of those bad years.

Loyal
God used David, a man who had ana affair and had a womans husband killed
God used Peter, a man who denied him 3 times.
God used Samson, a man who had an affair with a Philistine woman.
God used Paul, a man who supporting stoning Christians and persecuting them.
God used Elijah, a man who ran in fear from Jezebel.
God used Abraham, a man who had sex with his maid (at the behest of his wife)
God used Moses, a man who killed a man.

Most of the people God used in the Bible weren't perfect.