• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not meant for everyone, for many cannot receive it, no matter how hard they may try!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:11)

Active
Top Poster Of Month
The Purpose of Jesus' Parables
(Mark 4:10-12)

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he [thinks he] hath. 13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
I suspect the passage you quoted in actually from Matthew 13, not Mark 4. They are similar, but not exactly the same. For one thing Isaiah isn't mentioned in Mark's version.
To be sure of my reply, 1st i must know if you are viewing a "paraphrase" of (Mark 4; 10-12) NLT. if using paraphrases and not a true translation, that is not a translation of the "Word of God". That is a paraphrase of a man's thought, what he thinks the scripture is saying. Not trying to get in a argument here, just a perspective. The word of God can get so sensitive at times. and maybe Mark on here link up to " NLT" in which i was pertaining to the "ASV", KJV, "NIV", translations my bad.

Active

10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he [thinks he] hath. 13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

If a man had one seed of corn and a whole world to plant, how many corn stalks could he get out of the only seed of corn he started with? One.
But if he used the fruit of the original seed of corn to make seed out his entire first crop then his second crop would be many times larger than his first.

God is only concerned with the first fruits now. That is why most cannot hear or see. They are destined to be part of another crop.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
I suspect the passage you quoted in actually from Matthew 13, not Mark 4. They are similar, but not exactly the same. For one thing Isaiah isn't mentioned in Mark's version.
Got it, thanks.

Loyal
The title of this thread is "The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not meant for everyone.........." are you referring to the Gospel unto salvation? Because we have salvation through Jesus Christ and no one else.

Look at John 3:16 "For God so loved the 'world', that He gave His only begotten Son.... that who so ever believeth........shall not perish but have eternal lifel" That sounds pretty 'everyone' to me. God is the Only one who knows who His elect are. We Are told to go to the entire world -- no matter who they are.

Who ever calls upon the Name of the Lord Will be saved.

Loyal
Mark 16:15
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Luke 24:47
And that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

1 Chronicles 16:24 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!

yet it is very obvious we are to proclaim the good news to all people,,, and not boast about ourselfs being born from above and holding other people in contempt because they are not.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
The title of this thread is "The Gospel of Jesus Christ is not meant for everyone.........." are you referring to the Gospel unto salvation? Because we have salvation through Jesus Christ and no one else.

Look at John 3:16 "For God so loved the 'world', that He gave His only begotten Son.... that who so ever believeth........shall not perish but have eternal lifel" That sounds pretty 'everyone' to me. God is the Only one who knows who His elect are. We Are told to go to the entire world -- no matter who they are.

Who ever calls upon the Name of the Lord Will be saved.
Well, you did say it to, 3:16...only the ones who believes, so it is not for everyone.
And you said: "who ever calls". so it is not everyone.

"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.

"Not every one who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So the word "many" rest assured,

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Mark 16:15
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Luke 24:47
And that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

1 Chronicles 16:24 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples!

yet it is very obvious we are to proclaim the good news to all people,,, and not boast about ourselfs being born from above and holding other people in contempt
because they are not.
1st one must know what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is and not what they think it is.

In order to catch a fish on a hook or in a net, you cast the hook or net into the big sea, you might catch something and you might not!

So it is with the "casting out the proclamation of the Gospel,of Jesus Christ into a big world"

Just because you cast it out there where are thousands of fish does not mean they are going to jump on your hook or climb into your net or jump in your boat.

But concerning salvation "the elect will bite" for it is in them to be attractive to the bait! Or they are drawn by attractions of the net for it is irresistible. For they do not fight the hook or make their way out of the net. "Many are called but only a few are chosen". We proclaim to all because the elect is among them, and he said "my sheep hears my voice ! I like it!

Active
Romans 9:16 "So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 18- Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy,
and whom he will he hardeneth."

Even though they may hear the gospel it is still according to election as to whether they actually believe.

This leaves a conundrum as to how God could actually torture those who received no mercy in this life in a place termed hell? For God is Love!
But that only applies to those who exist in the I accepted camp.

Loyal
How about THIS -- the Holy Spirit convicts a person of their sinning -- it's a God thing. Being one of God's elect -- He alone knows who they are. Obviously those who accept Jesus Christ as lord and Savior are of the elect.

'We' are told to share the Gospel unto salvation with All -- no one has an 'x' on them to distinguish 'them' from everyone else.

Being baptized / sprinkled does Not make anyone a born again believer. It Is belief in your heart and confession unto salvation.

@Samson2020 -- there's no conundrum -- God is sovereign. He alone is in control. The lake of fire and brimstone is meant only for satan, the beast and the false prophet. As well as those who don't accept God' way to stay Out of it. God has provided the one and only way to stay out. He alone knows who will / who Won't stay out.

As far as we human beings are concerned -- everyone we know could be in the "I accepted" group. I have done so.

God certainly is 'love' and He is also Righteous in all He does.

God -- in His mercy -- provided the cross / blood of Christ for all.

Active
@Samson2020 -- there's no conundrum -- God is sovereign. He alone is in control. The lake of fire and brimstone is meant only for satan, the beast and the false prophet. As well as those who don't accept God' way to stay Out of it. God has provided the one and only way to stay out. He alone knows who will / who Won't stay out.
As far as we human beings are concerned -- everyone we know could be in the "I accepted" group. I have done so.
This is exactly the non sense I was speaking of. You say you accepted so you get. Those that didn't accept don't get.
But the Bible says it is according to election, as I quoted, so your acceptance is meaningless.
The other verses quoted were that it is God alone that decides who is elect in this first dispensation. Your and most all others cannot see the other dispensations
of times that are coming.
He (God) is not unrighteous in the fact that vessels are made to be dishonored and destroyed by him, the master potter, but only the vessel is dishonored and destroyed not the spirit within the vessel. As that spirit is the child of God though it be dead in sin and trespass by design.
In the next dispensation of time there will be an even larger harvest than the first fruits. It is apparently veiled from your eyes and thats ok, but it is coming.

Ephesians 1:10 "That in the DISPENSATION OF THE FULLNESS OF TIMES he might gather together in one ALL things in Christ, both which are in heaven.
and which are on earth; even in him."

Your living in the first death now.
Why do you suppose it is called the second death? It sure ain't to torture the spirits of men who were not elect and were made to be disobedient.

Active

The scripture tells us that we were chosen before the world was made Ploughboy, and our hearts were fashioned by God to receive the gospel. So when one of the elect hear the Word for the first time, they come alive and receive it with joy, because to them, it is life. At least it was to me. To others, a man raising the dead, casting out demons and walking on water is fantasy and their minds cannot accept it.

Loyal
Each person is unique in how God / Holy Spirit approaches them -- some will hear salvation and accept it the 1st time -- others it takes longer -- as it did with me. And, yes, some won't understand for a while and then will later in life. But no one can determine ahead of time how long they will live. My uncle lived his entire life as a good guy -- though un-saved -- he was a good guy -- wouldn't listen to salvation Until he was diagnosed with cancer --- Then he was willing to listen and Did accept . His regret -- that he hadn't been willing to listen much Earlier in life. Because Now he had a real desire to read God's Word. But -- soon - he would be with the author Of our salvation. Three weeks later he passed away.

Active
Each person is unique in how God / Holy Spirit approaches them -- some will hear salvation and accept it the 1st time -- others it takes longer -- as it did with me. And, yes, some won't understand for a while and then will later in life. But no one can determine ahead of time how long they will live. My uncle lived his entire life as a good guy -- though un-saved -- he was a good guy -- wouldn't listen to salvation Until he was diagnosed with cancer --- Then he was willing to listen and Did accept . His regret -- that he hadn't been willing to listen much Earlier in life. Because Now he had a real desire to read God's Word. But -- soon - he would be with the author Of our salvation. Three weeks later he passed away.
We all have our time Sue, some of us have been put off, or hurt. I was half way through my life when I made covenant but when the truth came, my heart joyfully embraced him.

Loyal
This is exactly the non sense I was speaking of. You say you accepted so you get. Those that didn't accept don't get.
But the Bible says it is according to election, as I quoted, so your acceptance is meaningless.
For us to actually think we have the mind to comprehend election is futile !! because what you say is true and what sue says is also true according to scripture

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

the bible is full of versus saying all you have to do is believe and be saved, now in context to the rest of the bible there should be proof of our belief in the way we live, but that may take time to mature.

How can anyone fully understand election, with all scripture teaches about believe and be saved, seek and you shall find.

Loyal
There are many things in Scripture that we don't Need to understand -- just accept as being true. How God could create this entire world in 6 days. How a virgin woman can conceive a child. Biologically not possible -- but, yet -- it did happen and only Once. The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. Because He lives -- we Will live Also. There are two possible eternal destinations in everyone's life. Because of the blood of Christ , we Do have heaven to look forward to -- IF we accept the way God has made for us.

God has All knowledge and He , alone is sovereign.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
For us to actually think we have the mind to comprehend election is futile !! because what you say is true and what sue says is also true according to scripture

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

the bible is full of versus saying all you have to do is believe and be saved, now in context to the rest of the bible there should be proof of our belief in the way we live, but that may take time to mature.

How can anyone fully understand election, with all scripture teaches about believe and be saved, seek and you shall find.
key word in your reply quote; "believe" [believes] a person cannot or have the ability to believe in Christ unless it has been granted to them. the gift to believe. in Him from the heart, That person has to become a "born from above" Christian to believe. I know it sounds strange, but this is true. A person may say they believe, but really it is only lip service. :cool:

Active

Hi Dave,
A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil, it sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow, but when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seeds fell among thorns that grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop -- a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. He who has ears, let him hear.