• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Good Word Of God VS Evil

God has spoken the defeat of evil for you to walk in. Notice, what it says in Romans 12:21 "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." That is not just a cute scripture that is a command from God and whenever God commands He empowers. I think Peter had a idea of that when he said, "Lord if that's you bid me to come" and Jesus said, "Come." Notice, Peter never walked on water before then nor after. That word was for that moment and it empowered him to do it. And even more God said overcome evil with good so God gave good the power to overcome evil. And one good that will always overcome evil is found in Hebrews 6:5 the good word of God.

Notice, in Acts 19 when Paul preached it says in verses 18-20 18 And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds. 19 Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. 20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed. Those that practiced curious art (magic) found something better, the good word of God. How about Jesus, in John 3:34 it says, For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God. And when he spoke the word of God all evil was overcome. When he spoke to the lame "Rise, take up thy bed, and go thy way unto thine house" every condition of lameness was defeated. When he spoke to a blind man, "Receive thy sight" blindness had to go. When he spoke to the leper "Be thou clean" that condition had to go.

Somebody might say, ya that was Jesus and it's also you. Because the scripture tells you to hold fast to your confession(to say the same thing) of faith (Hebrews 10:23). So, you should be speaking the word and Isaiah 55:11 says, that God's word will not return to him void, but it shall accomplish what God pleases and it shall prosper in the thing for which He sent it. And according to the scriptures God's word in your mouth is health(medicine, remedy, healing, and cure) to all of your flesh (Proverbs 4:20-22). That good word of God will overcome any and all evil conditions in your body. God's word does not have the power to fail, it only has the power to accomplish what it says. Which means all evil has to submit to it. I like what Joshua said in Joshua 23:14 And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof. Not one thing failed because it can't fail.

And because it can't fail make sure you always agree with it and speak in line with it, notice in 2Kings 4:42-44 42 And there came a man from Baalshalisha, and brought the man of God bread of the firstfruits, twenty loaves of barley, and full ears of corn in the husk thereof. And he said, Give unto the people, that they may eat. 43 And his servitor said, What, should I set this before an hundred men? He said again, Give the people, that they may eat: for thus saith the Lord, They shall eat, and shall leave thereof. 44 So he set it before them, and they did eat, and left thereof, according to the word of the Lord. Notice, they both knew that there was not enough food to feed a hundred hungry men, but thus saith the Lord, "All shall eat, and leave thereof." So, no matter what's in your hands the word can not fail. Please, don't be like the man is 2Kings 7:1,2 Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the Lord; Thus saith the Lord, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria. 2 Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof. Notice, the word was still good, but he cut himself off from it and did not receive what everyone else had the pleasure of receiving by the good word of God. He cut himself off by speaking contrary to it. Sometimes you may be in doubt, but you don't have to speak it and shouldn't speak it. Because, the good word of God can not fail and He that spoke it is faithful.

It is not God's will that none should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen