• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Faith of the Son of God.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
The Faith of the Son of God.

We know “faith” is very very important to God, in fact the Bible says, “without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God....” (Heb 11:6) Not only that but every thing we do that is NOT of faith is sin!!! (Romans 14:23) With this in mind, we need to find out how we are to pick up some of this faith so we can please the Lord.

The Word of God instructs us on how faith comes......

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith comes by “hearing” the Word of God, and the Word of God is God!!!! (John 1:1) Faith comes from God, it belongs to him, and he gives to us his faith as we hear his Word!!! The Lord God believes every word he says out of his mouth because of his faith, and that same faith is transferred to us when we hear him speak. We have the same faith he has!!!!

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and THE LIFE WHICH I NOW LIVE IN THE FLESH I LIVE BY THE FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD,
who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Did you noticed this scriptures says, I am now living by the FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD? Who's faith is it that I am living by? The Son of God's faith!!! I know someone would say to me, “Brother Curtis, this same scripture in another translation of the Bible says it this way.......

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And THE LIFE I NOW LIVE IN THE FLESH I LIVE BY FAITH IN THE SON OF GOD, who loved
me and gave himself for me.

See, Curtis we are living by faith IN the Son of God, we are not living by the faith OF the Son of God!!!

This is a very good question to ask.

Nobody, and I repeat nobody can have faith IN the Son of God, until that person FIRST has the faith OF the Son of God!! Jesus gives us his faith so we can have faith in him!!! Salvation by grace through faith can never be acquired until the savior who gives salvation gives that person his faith so that they can be saved!!! This comes by hearing the Gospel of our salvation contain in the Word of God!!
The Faith needed to be saved does NOT come from man, it comes from the one who saves!!!!!! The one who saves gives the needed faith to the one who needs salvation.

This just shows us that we are dependent on God for everything, not just a few things but every thing. Jesus's faith given to us should make us very very happy, because his faith never fails, because God never fails!!!
:smile:
:smile:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Brother-Paul Devotionals 4
Brother-Paul Devotionals 2
S Testimonials 5