Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

The energetic power of Light and the word of God.

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Gabriel, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Hello, I'm new on this forum and may have a few problems navigating my way around so please forgive me if I'm posting the wrong place. Thank you Chad for your welcome. I'll spend some time reading some of the threads I think!

I've started to re-read the Bible, I read some of it many years ago and now I'm reading it through properly. When I was a little girl I sat one night reading it and had a very odd experience which I'm not sure I should post here suffice to say, I was able to 'see' a protective field of energy around me while I was reading the Bible that protected me from, not sure how to describe this, well, I could see the faces and forms of very unpleasant beings who were clawing at the boundary of this feint circle that surrounded me but they could not get past it. I felt utterly secure and protected even though at such a young age I didn't understand what it was that was protecting me. Now I believe it was a field of energy definitely from God. There I was, reading the Bible, protected from dark forces which did not want me to read it. I continued to read on, I was totally confident I would not be harmed within this strange field of protection. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I wonder if God allowed me to experience this to teach me that there are dark forces and there is protection and that protection came because I was reading the word of God and Jesus.This gave me a realization at a very young age that the power within the essence of the Bible, the word of God and Jesus is such that nothing, no matter how evil can overcome it. The power of light over darkness is incredible.

2. Grace and Peace, Welcome to the forum.

Are you a psychic or deal in auras, chakras or believe in esotericism. I was just wondering because in your title you separated light and the word of God as two things that have power. You also placed the " energetic light," before the word of God. The use of the term," field of energy," is also New Age Spiritualism.

3. #3 Gabriel, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Hello. I am a person who is looking for Jesus. It's interesting that having read my experience I am questioned as being a certain 'type' because of my use of language. I don't like to judge others on their use of language so it seems strange to me that anyone should. I have had experiences through my life but that doesn't mean I am those experiences, that would be labelling me as that which I have experienced. My reference to 'Light' I should clarify IS God. When I say 'Light' I mean the truth of God, just as darkness refers to the .....un-Godly.

The term 'Field of Energy' is a descriptive use of language in the scientific sense- If you've ever looked into Quantum Physics, energy fields, magnetic fields, fields that surround every living thing as well as the planets and universe itself, it is clear that Gods creation has involved an intricate design which incorporates energy.

The term 'New Age' again, is a label. I am a person who loves God, who is deeply and authentically searching for truth and a person who has experienced being pulled from the brink of death literally by what I can only describe as an Angel of GOD, this happened because I called out to Archangel Michael. So, like I said, I've had varied experiences and I can only describe them as they are but I do not claim to be a psychic or anything else you mentioned in your message. I believe we are all capable of these things, that we all have the potential for these things but whether or not Jesus would say it was good to do this I am yet to discover through my own personal study. Right now, I'm reading the Bible and looking into historic literature pertaining to Jesus because recently I had a dream about someone preaching about Jesus, after the dream I heard a knock at the door and a leaflet with a picture of Jesus on it was on the doormat from a Jehovah's Witness church. Now, I could see that as a sign from Jesus that I should indeed follow him and learn more about him, but what of the Jehovah's witness church, and which church is true?. I, like many many others are on a journey to find God. I don't take on board information just because others believe it or say I should. So, in short, I am looking for Jesus, I am strengthening my connection to God, I am studying and researching information and that includes our universe and ourselves.

I hope this answers your questions. P.s, I should add that the title- The power of light, Gods energy, and the word of God, pertains to my reading the Bible during the experience....Just to clarify :)

4. Yep, I'm learning to do that....It's hard to know what is of God and what isn't because there is a lot of deception. I'm praying to God and Jesus to show me where I go from here.:confused:

5. #5 Fragrant Grace, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
    Greetings @Gabriel

Welcome to Talk Jesus

You will find all that you need in your Bible, the one and only true word of God
    So if you are truly seeking Jesus, just turn to His word
    Seek the Lord in prayer asking Him to reveal the truth to you through His word and He will

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
    John 8:12

In Him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    John 1:4

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.
    John 14:6

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
    Acts 4:12

6. I wasn't trying to judge you. I don't know you personally to be able to judge you. I don't believe in making assumptions based on language or questions being directed towards me. Instead I'm a firm believer in asking questions to understand why someone said something instead of assuming ,to learn where they are coming from. The intent was not to " label you,", I asked so you can label yourself. Understand that we as christians are ask to test all things 1 Thessalonians 5:21.

This is a Christian forum, so the context of the term energy is in relation to Spiritual things. If this was a science forum or topic the context would then be interpreted using science references. You should not find it strange for people to ask you questions, I think it's through those questions misconceptions are removed. Now if I accused you of being something I would be of great fault because only God knows the heart of men.

7. #7 Gabriel, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

8. Welcome aboard Gabriel!

Always a blessing when those who do not know the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior join the community at TJ. Espcially if they are truly seeking.

As you will find out and from reading some of what you've already posted, you have already experienced. There are many facets to how people behave whether in or out of church, regardless of what they may say they believe in! This will include of cause Christians.

Some will be leary of what non-believers may say, especially when it pertains to Jesus Christ not only here at TJ, but everywhere His Holy Name is brought up in discussion. All, one can do is present the Gospel to you that you may understand, God's great love for you, inspite of the sin that permeates not only you, but all of mankind. (Yes, that includes me, and everyone else here at TJ.) That God's love was evidenced through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ on the Cross, and His resurrection on the third day, which I'm sure Easter as having just passed, you've heard some if not all of this.

The question really becomes do you believe this to be so? Believe it in your heart that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and are able to acknowedge this in word? This is something that only you can answer, and one that all who come to Him must answer, not to us but to God. Either in accepting Him or rejecting Him.

My hope and prayer for you Gabriel, is that you may one day know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. For on that day, it will be the first day of the rest of your life. A life in and with Jesus Christ!

Once again, be welcome!

C4E

9. Hello and thank you for your kind words. I absolutely believe in Jesus in all senses of the word 'believe'. I think I will get my answers through prayer as concerning the Bible. Literature, scriptures, ancient writings, no matter how spiritual have truth in them somewhere. I'm just wondering how we can be sure that any of what is written has not been edited in any way. I was reading about some lost scriptures from the Bible- also, with the laws of the lands and leaders who were church leaders who in the middle ages are said to have been very harsh indeed, laws without compassion. So, my question is, how do we actually know what is the word of God for sure unless we pray and are guided that way. I'm so confused but I have to say that the other night while praying and crying at the same time I felt an incredible warmth come over me and some level of peace in contrast to the turmoil my head was in. (My family circumstances are unhappy at the moment and it feels like there's no way out of the rut) So, I pray and pray more - it's an effort to lift myself up these days, everything I do seems to collapse around me and I'm trying to find the sense and purpose in it all. This morning I got a whiff of perfume from out of no-where, I know the Angels are around me and certainly Angel Michael, and I know that it was Michael who lead me to seek Jesus. I just can't get passed the mis-trust I have in mankind- I trust Jesus but I want evidence that the writings in the Bible are authentic and not fear inducing words written by archaic sources....do you see what I mean? I hope this doesn't sound offensive, I don't mean to be, I'm just seeking truth as I have always seeked truth, which is why I feel perhaps I have the experiences I do. I will just keep praying and I know Gods light will come. It feels like it's getting closer.

I appreciate your prayers...I think at this time in my life I really need them. I had a terrible time about twenty years ago when my marriage broke up and I was left a single parent with a chronic health condition. Things got better and now recently there are more worries than I feel I can cope with....I'm living day to day and hoping the sun will shine into my life again so that I am in a better position to shine happiness onto others and help them in a way that Jesus would be proud of. It's hard to be positive and inspiring to people when so many things are going wrong in life. I'm 50 years old and it's not getting any easier. So yes, I appreciate your prayers and yes, I am truly seeking Jesus and not just because I need him, but because I want to so badly be near him because life in this world is lacking in love.

God Bless you C4E. :)

10. Thank you for your lovely words and scripture quotes. I've enjoyed reading them and yes, I find inspiration from the thought that my prayers will bring the answers I am looking for. I am seeking for the Kingdom of Heaven- always.

11. #11 Christ4Ever, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    Hello Gabriel,

As sure as any other document from ancient days. Just that there are so many confirming documents from those days that put all other ancient writings to shame. Since the sources of these writings are separate it is with credible certainity that what you are reading in the Holy Bible is as accurate as possible within what is currently available to us.

On lost scriptures, the implication is that a singular document not referenced in any of the existing writings has all of the sudden showed up. Always remember there is a harmony to all of scripture. You'll find that whenever "new" documents are found, they have a tendency to include or exclude what is already provided. As too often happens we look at the messengers who are no more perfect then we are, to evaluate the auffenticity of what is being communicated and it's originator. In the case of the Bible, God.

Prayer is most powerful tool. But to whom would one pray to without the knowledge of scripture? Without it, then you would be correct, that one written word is as valid as another. That is why the authenticity of scripture and understanding that it was written by those who knew those mentioned within its pages, thereby witnesses, provides us the ability through the Holy Spirit understanding.

First know that I will pray for you and your family, that healing, of body, spirit, trials will be resolved not only to your benefit and those you love, but to the Glory of God, the Father. In the name of Son Jesus Christ, I pray this. Amen.

No offense taken seeker. All of us who believe in one fashion or another, have been in the same boat that you are in now. Remember this is between you and God, and the bridge (Jesus Christ) that was built that allows for settlement by the perfect sacrifice on the Cross at Calvary.

When one comes to Jesus Christ, the power of His Love, God's Love is realized in one stark moment in time; which is at the foot of the Cross. That all things that we have ever done, that has been contrary to God's will has been wiped away as if they have never happened. (Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.)

Jesus' sacrifice made this possible. Would you or most of us have known this without scripture?

The realization that Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6) Is a testament that there is no other way around the truth that is found in Him. That no matter what else we may want to do, in finding truth without Him we will fail horribly. Are these fearful words to hear? For those who do not believe in Him and acknowledge Him, it is; but for those who believe, it is a comfort that none can take away, no matter what we go through in this very short life. (John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.)

Could we have known this without scripture?

The problem that many have is that they feel the need to know, or understand everything that is within the Bible, before they are willing to declare themselves. They read about all the issues which come up on different subjects that they wind up reading about must be resolved to their satisfaction before they once again commit! All this is done with only the knowledge that they've acquired through a world that has no love for God to make the decision from!

He is the Alpha and the Omega. The beginning and the ending. That is why only the Gospel will, I present to you. For without the belief in Christ Jesus, His Sacrificial death and resurrection. The rest will truly be hollow to you Gabriel.

If you are truly seeking Jesus Christ and believe that He died for your sins and rose again. Then if you pray something like this or as you are moved to:

"Jesus, I'm a sorry sinner. Please forgive me. I believe you died and rose again to take away my sins so I can live with you forever in heaven!" Amen

It says in Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

If you have just prayed this or something like this just now. Let us know that we may rejoice as you rejoice! That we may gladly welcome you as a new Sister in Christ Jesus.

Hopeful, in prayer.
    C4E

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)