• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Early Church

Loyal
The Early Church

I am have never been interested in History, as I never liked school, I just wanted to play rock and roll music with my friends. I think it is a good idea to have some kind History about the Church because that would explain a lot of why certain things are the way they are today.today.

In around 301 to 400 AD the Church by this time had the scriptures of both the Old, and New Testament. John had finished the Book of Revelations and was available to most Church's.

In Rome there was a emperor named “Diocletian”. He was one of, if not the worst persecutor of the Church's in the Roman empire. He made it his goal in life to destroy Christianity, and all of it's books or scrolls that had any thing to do with the Word of God. He would find where Christians gathered together, capture their leaders and kill them. He rounded up all the scrolls or books of scripture and burned them.

The Church would in an attempt to save scripture would cut or rip the pages out of books or scrolls and pass them out to different people to hide where ever they could. This was in about the 4th century.

You can not find any complete set of scriptures from that time period today. There have been thousands of segments from different parts of scripture found through out that region, and they have been pasted back together to complete the Word of God that this man tried to completely destroy.

The next emperor of Rome was a man named “Constantine”. Constantine knew the previous emperors before him tried to destroy the Church. He noticed that there were more Christians alive during his rein then there was ever before. He decided to try a different approach. Instead of trying to eliminate the Church he would make Christianity the official religion of Rome. I guess you could say, “if you can't beat them join them.” At least if he made Christianity the official religion of Rome the Christians would not try and hide their activities, so he would know where they were, and what they were up to.

The Church back in those days was known as “Catholics” The word “Catholic” simply means “universal” There was only “one” Church, and that church was the body of Christ. Constantine knew if he made Christianity the official religion of Rome he would upset many other pagan religions in Rome.

So, he decided to “combine” all the religions in Rome into one religion. The Church did not want this!!
Constantine renamed the this new religion to be the,”Roman Catholic Church”!! It was rumored that Constantine accepted Jesus as his savior near his death.

The original Church never had priests that wore long robes, burn incense, or any en graven images. No candles or statures to bow down to. The Church had been corrupted by the infiltration of pagan rituals. To this day the Roman Catholic Church has kept those rituals. Later down through the century's many broke away from the Roman Catholic Church, which is why we now have, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Methodist, Baptist, Pentecostals, Church of God, Church of Christ, Assemblies of God ect...ect...ect.