• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The DNA of Sin

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
The fool has said in his heart, "[There is] no God." They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity; [There is] none who does good. God looks down from heaven upon the children of men, To see if there are [any] who understand, who seek God. Every one of them has turned aside; They have together become corrupt; [There is] none who does good, No, not one. Psalm 53:1-3

Evil is one of the hardest concepts to discuss with atheists. Even if they're willing to acknowledge that evil exists in some form, it's not something that comes from within and is expressed outwardly, it's something outside of ourselves that only a few choose. Even so, "evil" behavior is often excused: lack of education, environmental conditions, mental disorders, poor parenting…any source but mans own inherent corruption.

Believers understand that the flesh is corrupt, "that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells" (Romans 7:18). But sometimes Christians don't acknowledge their dilemma for what it is. They embrace a Savior but often make excuses for their corrupt actions. They make almost as many excuses for sin as the "fools" who say there's no God to sin against.

But to acknowledge Christ is to happily acknowledge weaknesses and take hold of His power and His gift of freedom as sons of God.

Prayer: Father, help me to openly acknowledge my sin and moral failures and my need for Your redemption.

Active
Father, let your lamp shine to the path you have set for me. I see your light, your word. Let that fully be in me and swallow the words of my mouth. Let my tongue declare your wonder, and separate me from any distance from you.