• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SIN AND UNFRUITFUL WORKS

Active
What is the difference between sins a person commits, and unfruitful works a person commits?

A person that sins must be a part of the “sin” nature. If a person is not “in” the sin nature, that person is not “in sin;” neither is that person a sinner (Romans 5:12; 11:24); therefore, they do not sin.

A person that becomes born again is “born” into a different nature “which nature is “away from sin;” which denotes separation, departure, cessation, completion, reversal, etc.

There are only “two natures,” the nature of Righteousness and the nature of sin.

Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree (a believer) bring forth good fruit (righteousness); but a corrupt tree (an unbeliever) brings forth evil fruit (sin).
Mat 7:18 A good tree (a believer) cannot bring forth evil fruit (sin), neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit (righteousness) (Romans 6:20).

A person that is in the sinful nature, everything he or she does is sinful in God’s eyes, because that person can only develop sinful actions; they cannot do “anything righteous (Romans 6:20). This is because they have a sinful heart. Everything a person does proceeds from the heart (Mat.15:18,19). If man’s heart is sinful the works they do will be sinful. If a man’s heart is righteous, then God only sees the righteousness of that man’s heart (because of Christ abiding in their heart).

Because of how God view His righteousness in man, He gives those that believe in Him grace (Romans 5:20; 4:8); by not imputing sin unto that believer. Once a person come to Christ, God blots out their sins and will never remember them (Rom. 3:19; Heb. 10:17, 18). God will not remember the sins of believers, because they cannot sin in the body of Christ (1John 3:5, 6).

However, unfruitful works are imputed. Not to say God is imputing unfruitful works, but if the believer commits unfruitful works (acts known as sin under the Law of Moses), they cannot bring forth the character of Christ. Without the character of Christ developing within a believer, their unfruitful works is the same faithlessness (Heb. 11:6; Eph.4:22-24).

Unfruitful works are not judge at this time because of grace (1Pet 4:17,18; 1Cor.4:5), but will be judged when Christ judges His church (His body) (Mat.13:41; Luke 13:23-28).

@regibassman57

Unfruitful works encompasses sin; such as the negative works of the flesh which are unfruitful and sin

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Active
Ivar,
Your reply was:
"Unfruitful works encompasses sin; such as the negative works of the flesh which are unfruitful and sin"

My reply is:
1. The works of sin "brings forth fruit" against the law (Romans 7:5).
2. Unfruitful works has no fruit. The person is fruitless (Titus 3:14).
3. With sin fruit develops.
4. With unfruitful works, no fruit develops. The person is barren of righteous works. (Matthew 13:23).
5. In Christ a person can only develop fruit of Righteousness or no fruit at all .

Definition of unfruitful
: not fruitful: such as
a : not producing offspring : BARREN
b : yielding no valuable result : UNPROFITABLE (1Corinthians 9:27)

A Christian can only bear fruit in Christ; they cannot bear fruit of sin in Christ, because sin cannot grow in Christ (1John 3:5,6).

Jam 3:11 Does a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
Jam 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Mat 7:17
Even so every good tree (Christians) brings forth good fruit (Christ's character of righteousness); but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit (Sin).
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit (Sin), neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit (Righteousness).

Perhaps we could say this:

1. Sinful works are unfruitful.
2. Unfruitful works are sinful.

If so, there there is no actual difference.

The difference is only semantics.

Both are bad. And, it is sinful to do bad things.

Agreed?

Active
What’s up Bibleguy,
Bibleguy, you are saying its semantics. I am not. Either you are “saved” and made “free from something”, or you are not. If you took my car “from” me, I no longer have it. This is not semantics. If Jesus said He “saved’ me “from sin,” I do not have the capability to sin, because I am no longer in the nature that produces sin.

I know it seems confusing, but we have to see and understand the “mystery” of Godliness by faith. Jesus used human analogies to make His spiritual points on different occasions, because the people could not understand the spiritual things He was talking about.

Bibleguy, I’ve been trying to get the answer to this question:

If a believer has been saved “from sin,” how is it they can still be “a part” of something they’ve been “saved from or removed from?” This is not semantics.

A person that becomes born again is “born” into a different nature, which nature is “away from sin.” “From” denotes separation, departure, cessation, completion, reversal, etc.

What’s up Bibleguy,
Bibleguy, you are saying its semantics. I am not. Either you are “saved” and made “free from something”, or you are not. If you took my car “from” me, I no longer have it. This is not semantics. If Jesus said He “saved’ me “from sin,” I do not have the capability to sin, because I am no longer in the nature that produces sin.

I know it seems confusing, but we have to see and understand the “mystery” of Godliness by faith. Jesus used human analogies to make His spiritual points on different occasions, because the people could not understand the spiritual things He was talking about.

Bibleguy, I’ve been trying to get the answer to this question:

If a believer has been saved “from sin,” how is it they can still be “a part” of something they’ve been “saved from or removed from?” This is not semantics.

A person that becomes born again is “born” into a different nature, which nature is “away from sin.” “From” denotes separation, departure, cessation, completion, reversal, etc.

Hey there!

Well, I was just saying that "unfruitful" and "sinful" may be taken as approximately similar in meaning, in some sense.

Not sure how your comments relate to this comment of mine.

And regarding your question, I would say: Christians sometimes sin...more often unintentionally, sometimes intentionally in weakness, but rarely (if ever) with full knowledge and intention.

But despite this, Christians are still saved from God's wrath to come, which will be revealed against ungodliness and sinners who reject the truth.

Not sure if you agree....but I thought I would just throw that out to chew on....

blessings...

Active
Bibleguy,
With sinful works fruit is developed.
With unfruitful works, no fruit is developed.

Take a look at Matthew 7:18,19 and tell me are you at good tree, or an evil tree?
Take a look at James 3:12 and tell me if that's possible with you?

Yes, I agree that we as believers are saved "from God's" wrath. Notice it says saved "FROM?"
You have also been told you have been saved "from sin." What is the difference in the term "from" in those two sentences?