• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The devil can do nothing to us unless we give him authority??

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
I do not see how this is biblical can someone point me to scripture that either supports this or proves it wrong

thanks

Active
1John 5:18 We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Active
Jud 1:21 Guard and keep yourselves in the love of God; expect and patiently wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah)--[which will bring you] unto life eternal.

God put a hedge round about Job to protect, but if that hedge is broken down by mans actions he will be bitten by a serpent (Satan)

Ecc 10:8 He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.

Loyal
I do not see how this is biblical can someone point me to scripture that either supports this or proves it wrong

thanks
For Starters
1Peter5:8
Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.

Why is he looking?
Because he needs a legal right to get in.

Loyal
The entire new testament for starters.

If you truly believe your title is wrong [COLOR=#ff0000]you are very blind[/COLOR].
Hi Jim for starters I would like to tell you how hurtful it feels when you call names such as this, I am sure that was not your intention and you are forgiven and I will try not to stoop to that level .
this is the reason we started a thread for you prayers you dont seem to be yourself lately

Jim it should be very easy for you to post up some scripture for me then I would think ,I am here to learn sorry for being blind I cant help that if it is the case.

Loyal
For Starters
1Peter5:8
Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.

Why is he looking?
Because he needs a legal right to get in.
the why part is not backed up by any scripture that is your speculation from what I see, perhabs you could post up scripture to back up why that you added

thanks

Loyal
The principle of authority is that we are in the kingdom of Christ. Jesus is Lord and head of all power and authority. Satan has absolutely no legitimate authority over the believer. We are free from Satan's claims upon us. All sins are forgiven, all condemnation is ended, all cultic vows, promises, covenants, etc., were broken when a person comes into Christ's sphere of authority (Col. 1:13-14; 2:9-15). One must never compromise this principle by saying that sin gives a demon legal right to invade a believer or attach itself to your soul. Believe in God; disbelieve Satan.

It is the will of God for every Christian to walk in the freedom of our salvation through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, in the fellowship of the Holy Spirit and in the love of the Father. Satan seeks to fool Christians into thinking that he has authority to boss us around. He doesn't! Stop giving the world, the flesh and the devil any opportunity to defeat us. Live free from sin and Satan!

“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery” (Galatians 5:1).

Can Spiritual Battles and Demonic Attacks Exist in Our Dreams? - Resources - Eternal Perspective Ministries

Loyal
Hi Jim for starters I would like to tell you how hurtful it feels when you call names such as this, I am sure that was not your intention and you are forgiven and I will try not to stoop to that level .
this is the reason we started a thread for you prayers you dont seem to be yourself lately

Jim it should be very easy for you to post up some scripture for me then I would think ,I am here to learn sorry for being blind I cant help that if it is the case.
Two things Dave.
I have not called you names.
My Post got snipped by the little phone I was using. That's why I came back in to fix it, now that I have use of the main Bigger device.

It was supposed to read

The entire new testament for starters.

If you truly believe your title is wrong you are very blind unto the ways of our enemy.

Why were you offended?
You should know me well enough that I won't say mean things. I guess anything can be turned into something mean, but that would be on the readers end.

Blessings

Loyal
the why part is not backed up by any scripture that is your speculation from what I see, perhabs you could post up scripture to back up why that you added

thanks
I don't have time now but Dave no offense but you are wrong here and you are very wrong in your post 10.

Loyal
See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, [COLOR=#ff0000]h[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]aving forgiven us all our trespasses, canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. [/COLOR]This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

Loyal
disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.
Exactly, Jesus defeated him and gave us authority over him.

That is why he can not simply do what He wants to a believer, they have to give him the legal right.

Sin until repented
Words opposed to God's Word
Doubt, fear, worry, disobedience
These are but a few.

Loyal

thanks
Then Dave , please enlighten me to what it is he is looking for?
Why is he looking?

If you feel satan can not get to a Christian, why are we told to be wise to his tactics?

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

What happens if a Christian is not prepared to stop these darts.
Further more what if they don't even know what they are?

Loyal
I wonder if this comes down to semantics?

Can Satan make you sin? Of course not.
Does he try to get Christians to sin...obviously. Some would ask why? (especially if you believe in OSAS)
Can he do this without God's permission? No

Now... OK.. he can't make you sin.
Can he possess a Christian? No.
Can he oppress a Christian? Yes.

Can Satan inflict sickness and physical pain on Christians. Yes. (with God's permission).

.... so OK... that's "Christians".

What about non-Christians.

Can he possess them? Yes
Does he need God's permission? I don't think so.

Loyal
Now... OK.. he can't make you sin.
Can he possess a Christian? No.
Can he oppress a Christian? Yes.
How about showing how these things are done.
Why?
Because God has nothing to do with it.
A Believer opens the door themselves and God had nothing to do with it.

Any time a believer steps out from under God's Will, ways or direction they open the door and God has nothing to do with it.

Until the believer repents and gets back on track, satan has a Legal Right.
God does not interfere.

satan is constantly at work to get you out into an area where he can gain access. God has nithing to do with it if you do.

Number one area is thoughts. he is constantly pushing thoughts your way. They are hand tailored to each individual believer.

he knows you better then you do.
he knows what to use with each believer.

Scripture says 2Corinthians10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Imaginations are THOUGHTS
These can come with feelings and emotions.
Which thoughts do we take captive?
EVERY SINGLE THOUGHT
Why.....because these fiery darts or thoughts are so camouflaged and designed with your personal thinking that a believer MUST be built up, sober minded and alert.

They will include scripture but the use will be perverted the slightest to pull you away.

You guys keep saying God Allowed it.

Correct Question would be.....
Why did God not stop it or why could God not stop it?

Friends their are spiritual laws enforced here and it does not matter if you agree or believe in them, they still are and we are governed by them and God is held unto them in this season of Grace.

It would be wise to seek the Father in this and find out for your selves instead of trying to prove it wrong.

Blessings

Loyal
1John 5:18 We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.
Key walk in His Ways - However this means nothing once you give the devil a free right he should not have had.

Ephesians 4:27
Neither give place to the devil.

Well @Dave M ,
If we can not give place or open door or the right to, then why did the Holy Spirit seem to think we need to know This?

It's not just connected to anger.
Fear, Doubt, unbelief, sin, disobedience, wrong words, actions, and Unrepentance and Unforgiveness, bitterness, jealousy, envy, strife, PRIDE, self, emotions, feelings, having to have our way, and so much more.

Blessings - I am only trying to show you some truth - not offend anyone.