• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Creator's Remorse: A Mystery

Active
note: Please try not to become defensive. The topic isn't meant to attack
God and/or somebody's belief in God; it's only to initiate an academic bull
session.

Gen 6:5 . . And the Lord saw that the evil of man was great in the earth,
and every imagination of his heart was only evil all the time.

Man's descent into depravity didn't catch his creator by surprise. After all;
not only can God see the future but He can also manipulate it; so He was
well aware even before beginning that the people He was about to create
were destined from day one for a global deluge.

Also, when God inspected His handiwork at Gen 1:31, He evaluated it not
just good, but "very" good. So as far as He was concerned; everything went
smoothly and according to plan-- nothing was broken, no parts were
missing, and nothing failed to mate with its matching part.

Gen 6:6 . . And the Lord regretted that He had made man upon the earth,
and He became grieved in His heart.

When God created the people of man, it was no doubt with the awareness
that the day would come when He would have to put a number of them
down like dogs gone mad with rabies.

If it can be safely assumed that God saw man's depravity coming well in
advance-- prior to creating even one of the many forces, energies, and
particles that would go into the construction of the cosmos --then we have
to wonder why it is that He felt remorse for going ahead as planned. Surely
it wasn't because He made a terrible mistake. I seriously doubt that a
master architect with the creator's intelligence would fail to foresee every
possible ramification of their actions.

Well; it's at least comforting to know the destruction of life is not something
God enjoys as if He were an outdoor guy who kills fish and wildlife for sport
with no more sensitivity than a kid blasting aliens in a video game. Man's
creator knew the day was coming when He would have to do what He was
about to do next, and clearly wasn't looking forward to it, but nevertheless;
leaves us with unavoidable questions about His sanity because from a
rational perspective, God's procedures make no sense at all.

Anyway, aside from all that; it appears to me that God had high
expectations for the people of man, and was very disappointed that numbers
of them went bad; sort of like how parents feel when a kid, whom they've
given every privilege, every opportunity, and every advantage imaginable,
lets it all go overboard and somehow ends up incorrigible and a total failure
instead.

Gen 6:7 . . And the Lord said: I will blot out man, whom I created, from
upon the face of the earth, from man to cattle to creeping thing, to the fowl
of the heavens, for I regret that I made them.
_

Loyal
I have wondered about Gen 6:6; as well. Did God foreknow He was going to do this?

Many Christians believe that God is not subject to time. On the other hand, He Himself created time. As Jesus at least, He was subject to time in the same way we humans are.
God knowing the future is a touchy subject for some. Does He know everything in the future or does He limit Himself to knowing only certain things?

The word time appears over 220 "times" in the new testament ( pun not intended ).
In many cases it is used as a math term, ( Matt 18:21; Matt 19:29; Luke 19:8; etc... ) I myself had to memorize the "times tables" (multiplication).

But more often, it is used as a period in the time/space continuum.
Matt 26:18; Luke 1:20; John 7:6; John 7:8; etc....

Jesus Himself says in John 7:6; and John 7:8; "my time is not yet come". Mark 13:33; and Acts 17:26; talk about "the appointed time".
The Bible says there will come an hour. ( John 5:25; John 5:28; ) so it seems that God does recognize time.
The Bible speaks of the "Day of the Lord" as if it is a specific day that will happen. Matt 10:15; and Matt 11:22; talk about the day of judgment.
In Genesis, the creation of the Earth took 6 days, with various parts of creation happening on specific days. Whether they were literally 24 hours or not is another subject,
but the fact remains, certain things happened at different times.

Is it possible that God can look into the future about certain events, but chooses not to look at other possible events?

Loyal
GOD has never made a mistake, He is without error. Everything He has made, Has been made, according to HIS expectation. For there is nothing wrong with the Potter's hand. And nothing was wrong with HIS divine plan. Everything lives up unto His will in Heaven and on Earth. and everything is on schedule. Even the finite mind trying to comprehend a infinite Being which is incomprehemsible. For it cannot be done. And for that Being to communicate with that corrupted creature He has to use a corruptible language of corruptible "Anthropomorphic words" to convey the gap between the "HOLY and Unholy". The problem is the language GAP. GOD nevers makes a mistake. The "HOLY SCRIPTURE" "Original Copied TEXT" testifies to this Truth.

GOD was not sorry, for what HE had done! Neither did HE REpent or thought of such a thing, what HE had done!

ONCE a person has been born again. That person must get to know JESUS, and Then the SON will according unto Jesus discretion, He will start to reveal Portions of HIs Father, Then according to our obedience to the Son, which displays our LOVE for Him. And when the Father is please, He Will come in and Sub. In Anthropomorphic words= They will,,,, the SON and The Father will set down with you at The TABLE and DINE. The True bread that the Father gives at the table!
"If you never been there, it is impossible for you to understand"

The Word of GOD is meant to be Taught by GOD and Not a mortal Man! For that bread is for HIs Children! The Only thing a mortal can do for a child of GOD is>>> show them how to HOLD a SPOON and How to Cut His meat! and place His own food in His own mouth. For GOD has given Him the teeth to chew His own.
And not to eat that, that has been reguritated by another. "For the Veil in the Temple has been torn in two"

Our "Bibles" are "TRANSLATIONS" or Paraphrases, to certain degrees. they are not word for word "TRANSLATIONS" of what GOD HAS SAID! Transalations produce thoughts. and words does not have the same meanings in one language as another. So one must study words in a exhausted meaning, when pretaining to the Words of GOD. and for this portion of Scripture you must have a hard copy of "ISBE" there is not orther way. For a online copy will not do!

What am I trying to say: STOP trying to Explain the BIBLE and read it! GOD DOES NOT NEED YOU TO EXPLAIN IT. He need us to read it.
From Genesis to Revelation, the bible has instructed us to read it! " Obedience is better than Sacritice" The Bible proclaims we are a disobedient people. Why you Pharisees make things so difficult for the people of GOD. and you confuse the people of GOD with your teaching!.

Be of one mind, let all say "READ your own BIBLE" from front to back and mediate on it night and day! How hard can that be? But they won't tell the people this. These people has divded the People of GOD. The world didn't do it. THe leaders of GOD's people has done this. "They who lead you has lead you astray" GOD said that!

New American Standard Bible
O My people! Their oppressors are children, And women rule over them. O My people! Those who guide you lead you astray And confuse the direction of your paths.
(Isaiah 3:12).

I have spoken the Truth! in the form of "AGAPE" and not in the flavor of what the world calls LOVE! They call AGAPE "hate speech"! "ISBE" hard copy.

Loyal
I have wondered about Gen 6:6; as well. Did God foreknow He was going to do this?

Many Christians believe that God is not subject to time. On the other hand, He Himself created time. As Jesus at least, He was subject to time in the same way we humans are.
God knowing the future is a touchy subject for some. Does He know everything in the future or does He limit Himself to knowing only certain things?

The word time appears over 220 "times" in the new testament ( pun not intended ).
In many cases it is used as a math term, ( Matt 18:21; Matt 19:29; Luke 19:8; etc... ) I myself had to memorize the "times tables" (multiplication).

But more often, it is used as a period in the time/space continuum.
Matt 26:18; Luke 1:20; John 7:6; John 7:8; etc....

Jesus Himself says in John 7:6; and John 7:8; "my time is not yet come". Mark 13:33; and Acts 17:26; talk about "the appointed time".
The Bible says there will come an hour. ( John 5:25; John 5:28; ) so it seems that God does recognize time.
The Bible speaks of the "Day of the Lord" as if it is a specific day that will happen. Matt 10:15; and Matt 11:22; talk about the day of judgment.
In Genesis, the creation of the Earth took 6 days, with various parts of creation happening on specific days. Whether they were literally 24 hours or not is another subject,
but the fact remains, certain things happened at different times.

Is it possible that God can look into the future about certain events, but chooses not to look at other possible events?
B-A-C you know better! God knowing the future is a touchy subject for some.

GOD is the Creator of the Future. He is beyond knowing of the future. GOD does not have to LOOK down into The Future HE is The Future! He does not have to look anywhere to see it's out come! A human being has to do that, to see a outcome. "JESUS" said: "I AM THE RESURRECTION" Mary, what do you mean my brother will raise in the resurrection! I AM The RESURRECTION"!

GOD is not A MAN! Stop listening unto these "Corrupted Non- comprehending finite beings! who are trying to describe a" Infinte incomprehensible Being!" And let the Bible be your guide!

GOD is not A human. And a Human has No idea who He is. For the Son only knows who the Father is and He reveal portions of the Father to whom HE pleases. So I say B-A-C go to JESUS ask HIM to declare Him to you! For it is the Will of the Father for you to Know HIm! No one can declare Him to you but Jesus!

Go for it!:p

Loyal
The Creator's Remorse: A Mystery

That Mystery was done away in Jesus! it was lifted! For we are "The Sons of GOD"!

(1 cor.2).
We speak wisdom, however, among them that are fullgrown: yet a wisdom not of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, who are coming to nought: 7but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, even the wisdom that hath been hidden, which God foreordained before the worlds unto our glory: 8which none of the rulers of this world hath known: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory

We are not of this world, we are the "Children of LIght" we walk not in darkness! fake christians do and the Nominals walk in the dark! God has not us walking in a dark mystery, He reveals His truth through his Son JESUS to us and not to this world! So do not be deceived and believe not the lies of The Devil! You know what GOD has told you, now walk in it! "The Truth"! Our God has never made a mistake or sorry for what he has done.

Active
The creator knew in advance that if He went ahead as planned, the end result
would be the termination of untold numbers of terrified people in a Flood; along
with even more in the lake of brimstone depicted in Rev 20:10-15.

Were I a purely logical person, I would have to conclude that the Judeo/Christian
God is fiendish. I mean think about it: why would a sensible designer proceed to
bring into existence, without their consent, human lives whom he knew in advance
that some day he would be destroying most of them.

Bringing thousands, even multiplied millions, of people into existence so they could
lose their lives in order to achieve one's own personal ambition isn't Christian,
rather, it's Machiavellian.

Phil 2:4 . . Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the
interests of others.

Seeing as how Christ expressly forbids selfish ambition amongst his own; therefore,
before proceeding with your ideas, be very sure to ponder all the possible
ramifications of your actions first.

Stepping on people's toes, and/or thwarting their ideas so that yours prevail, fails
to satisfy the law of Christ; which requires believers to love their fellow believers as
Christ loves them (John 15:12). It also fails to satisfy the Golden Rule which says:
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you. (Matt 7:12).
Always looking out for No.1 just simply isn't very nice.
_

Active
Rev 6:10 . . They called out in a loud voice: How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and
true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?

The Greek word translated "sovereign lord" is despótees; which means an absolute
ruler. i.e. a despot.

We're dealing with a supernatural entity who's adequately demonstrated that He's
fully capable of walking over people's bones to get what He wants; and not even
atom bombs can impede His progress.

Isa 45:12 . . I am the one who made the earth and created people to live on it.
With my hands I stretched out the heavens. All the millions of stars are at my
command.

I have to say that anyone with the power at their disposal to invent and control all
the laws of nature and physics, is someone to fear.

For example: Jesus, by means of the power of God, could restore blindness. Well
anybody who can restore blindness can just as easily cause it. Jesus also healed
paralysis. Well if he can heal paralysis then he can just as easily cause that too.
And he restored dead bodies to life; which means he could just as easily put people
down. He also healed withered limbs. Same thing. If he can heal a withered limb,
then he can just as easily do it in reverse; and also speech.

That kind of power is terrifying, especially when it's in the hands of a despot; and
were it to be wielded against God's enemies they would have no possible hope of
defending themselves because when people's muscles are atrophied, and they are
blind, paralyzed, mute, and quite possibly dead; they're totally helpless and in no
condition to do much of anything except complain; if that.
_

Active
1Pet 1:18-20 . .You know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or
gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from
your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or
defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these
last times for your sake.

Rev 13:8 . . And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship [the beast], whose
names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of
the world.

The Greek word translated "foundation" in that verse is katabole (kat-ab-ol-ay')
which refers to a deposition, i.e. a founding; figuratively: conception

In a nutshell; the two passages above indicate that Christ's crucifixion was included
in the master plan of creation from before God uttered His famous words in Gen
1:3, which implies that His son's crucifixion wasn't an EMT sent to the scene of a
train wreck; no, it turns out that God, by means of precognition, was expecting the
fall of man prior to any men even existing and was all ready for it, i.e. the fall of
man didn't take man's creator by surprise, viz: His son's crucifixion wasn't a
contingency, rather, the event was scheduled, and it took place right on time.

One day when I was a little boy, my dad and I were talking about Jesus and his
crucifixion. I was under the impression that he was a victim of unfortunate
circumstances. But my dad corrected me by saying: No, that was all planned.

I was too young at the time to comprehend the ramifications of my dad's comment;
but years later, while listening to a radio preacher explain it, I began to realize just
how profound my dad's words were-- and still are.
_

Active
The Hebrew word translated "regret" is somewhat ambiguous. Though it includes
feeling rue for making a mistake, it also implies taking an unpleasant course of
action that you know will cause people harm and/or inconvenience though for sure
the course is the wise thing to do.

For example: God was poised to destroy the city of Nineveh lest they changed their
ways. Within that city were 60,000 underage children, and a number of beasts, that
would've been collateral damage had not the adults heeded Jonah's preaching.

God impressed upon Jonah that He would not take pleasure in destroying those
children, nor those beasts. However, God would have done so because it was the
wise thing to do.

I cannot even begin to imagine how it was wise (or right) for God to go ahead and
create mankind while knowing well in advance by means of precognition that they
would go bad and He would have to kill off just about everything-- birds, beasts,
men, women, and underage children too.

The creator knew in advance that if He went ahead as planned, the end result
would be the extermination of untold numbers of terrified people not only in a Flood,
but also in the brimstone depicted by Rev 20:10-15.

It's a mystery. People brighter and better educated than I have thus far been
unable to figure it out: they make excuses for God (a.k.a. apologetics) instead of
coming to grips with the reality that we're all little more than an insect zoo: just
bugs imprisoned in a terrarium constructed for the supreme being's amusement.

Rev 4:11 . . O Lord our God . . you created everything, and it is for your pleasure
that they exist and were created.
_

Active
faq: Is it safe to assume that God's ways are always right even when they
sometimes appear totally wrong?

a: Yes; and here's why:

When Adam tasted the forbidden fruit, he and his wife obtained an intuitive sense
of right and wrong (Gen 3:22). Unfortunately, the sense they obtained was
unreliable due to the fact that it was a product of the Serpent's handiwork instead
of their divine benefactor's.

The Serpent-- a.k.a. the Devil/Satan (Rev 12:9) --has the power of death (Heb
2:14) and the ability to tamper with the human body and the human mind in ways
not easily detected; e.g. Luke 13:16, Mark 5:1-5, and Eph 2:2.

That no doubt explains why so many unbelievers are put off by what they perceive
as Christianity's God making mistakes and/or acting like a demented fiend.
_