• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Correct Bible to Use

The Correct Bible to use.
When it comes to choosing a Bible version, there is a deep rooted way of thinking that is wrong. The advice
you are presented has been the commonplace for a very long time and every Christian just accepts it.
In 30 years I haven't encountered anyone giving correct or Biblical advice, to choosing a Bible. I'm not
saying there is no one giving correct teaching, but that I haven't seen or heard anyone do so in 30 years.
This is alarming.

The top 3 ways of accepted thinking for choosing a Bible are:

1. Get a Bible version you can understand.
2. Read 2 or 3 versions to get a better understanding of what the original author is saying.
3. Focus on and get an accurate translation.

All three are wrong and show a lack of spiritual understanding and discernment, by the people promoting those ideas.
Before you can choose the correct Bible version, you will need to get spiritual discernment of
scripture. You will need to know what Scripture REALLY is.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Focus on the first part of that verse " All scripture is given by inspiration of God". It doesn't say "The original
manuscripts only were inspired and now you are free to translate with an educated guess, as long as you
seek to be accurate with the best of your abilities." It says ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God.
It means what the OT prophets wrote, what the NT people wrote, and what was translated into a later
language, was by inspiration of God, or it isn't scripture. If you read from a Bible that wasn't by the inspiration
of God, then it isn't scripture and should be left alone. Accuracy comes into play AFTER you have inspired
words, when you make copies. Translating scripture must be done by God. Its His word, His will, and His way
of doing things.

Isaiah 55:9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your
ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

This is why scripture HAS to be by inspiration of God, because man, in the best of his ability falls way below
God's ways and thoughts. For it to be translated to God's standards, God has to do it.
There are many many Bible versions on the market, which one is God inspired? Yes, one version to a language
is all you need. You only need one Bible version because:
1. You can not grasp a full understanding of God's word without His help. Isa 55:9
2. You can not get spiritual things with your intellect. 1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
3. God wants to help you understand.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of
himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

God takes His word very serious.
Psalms 138:2 "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name."

Up to this point, consider these 4 things:
1. God is very serious about His word.
2. He will do the translating or it isn't His word
3. He'll give you one version for your language
4. He wants to help you and will help you understand it.
Now, what about all those other versions that claim "accuracy?" Consider this verse:
Exodus 20:25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone:
for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.

What is the big deal with the shape of the stones? Like God inspiring a translation of His word, He created
the stones. And Like man creating a Bible translation, based on good intentions and educated guesses,
man re-shaping stones make them to his own opinion and ways. God's thoughts and ways verses mans
thoughts and ways. God provided the material for the alter to be used, that is the stones. God provides
His word to you to use, an inspired Bible. When man re-shapes the stones and re-writes God's word,
what happens? God said they pollute it. God wouldn't accept anything from a polluted alter, so what do
you think about a polluted Bible? You wont get the spiritual help from God. A polluted Bible isn't His word
anymore. It is a man's opinion of God's word, which is polluted.

So what happens when you get many many Christians reading from multiple polluted Bibles? A Bible that is
inspired by God has God's spirit backing it. A polluted Bible, not from God, what spirit brought it about?
This is what happens when many Christians read from polluted Bibles:

1. You don't get help from God's spirit, but from some other spirit
2. You develop incorrect doctrine
3. Many views of doctrine develop and a lot of disagreements on God's word ensue
Now compare those three things to these verses:
Ephesians 4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
(5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism, (6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all,
and in you all.

Look at all the many Bible versions and all the differing opinions on doctrine. Now look at
yourself a minute. Did you pick a Bible based on the 3 ideas I mentioned at the start?

2. Read 2 or 3 versions to get a better understanding of what the original author is saying.

What does that say about your spiritual condition?

1. "I" want a Bible "I" can understand
2. "I" can figure out God's word if I have several versions to apply my intellect
3. If the Bible is accurate, I can figure it out on my own.

Your spiritual condition is in rebellion against God. You are doing it "your" way and relying on "your" thoughts.
You are re-shaping the stones to make an alter to your ways and thoughts. Your thoughts can be spiritual
deceived causing you to develop wrong doctrine and possibly be led into apostasy. If you don't think your
way of thinking can be spiritual deceived read verses Mark 8:32-33, Luke 9:52-55

Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (6) In all thy
ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (7) Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and
depart from evil.

There is a falling away by believers into apostasy and it is in full swing and wide spread. It is spiritual deception.
The things they believe and the direction they are going seems right to them. This is how spiritual deception
works. Where does it start? It starts with your choice to do things your way over God's way. The first step taken
in rebellion is the Bible you chose and from there you walk a path of rebellion and most likely, into apostasy. If
the Bible you read from isn't by the Spirit of God, but another spirit, that other spirit is what will then guide you.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving
heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall
they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Who are the teachers they heap to themselves? The very people who thought they could produce a Bible
better than God. The very spirits and people behind those non-inspired Bibles are your guides and they
teach incorrect doctrine and beliefs. 1 Tim 4:1 says they will seduce you.

Again, lets review the three incorrect teachings:

Spiritual deception is thrown into your face right from the start. Many go that route due to ignorance of spiritual
things. A new, born again believer is helpless like a new born and will believe anything told to them. But
there will come a time when you need to get it together as said in:

Hebrews 5:12-14 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again
which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not
of strong meat. (13) For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a
babe. (14) But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use
have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Most, if not all, are still on milk and don't even know what defines scripture. And they don't know that they
are in a constant spiritual battle that can distort and seduce their thinking.

1. All scripture is NOT given by the opinions of man.
2. All scripture is NOT given by best educated guesses from a group of scholars.
3. A book with the letters B I B L E do NOT define scripture.
4. ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God.

DO NOT, I stress, DO NOT let spiritual deception detour you away from real scripture and into a polluted
book based on the opinions of man and spiritual corruption.

So, which Bible should you be reading from? Well, the answer is a spiritual one. I can give you the answer
right now, but it will be viewed as my opinion. Whose word is it? Answer, it is God's word. He is the author.
He wants you reading what He wrote. You should really desire to be reading what God wrote rather than
what someone else re-wrote based on their own ways and thoughts. You will need to ask God, the author,
which one He wants you reading. He will get you in it. Also, if you believed the incorrect teachings on
choosing a Bible, you are under spiritual deception right now and that needs to be dealt with. Ask Him
about that. Ask Him to pull you out of all spiritual deception and wrong thinking and attitudes. To put you
in His inspired word and to get you to the point of eating the meat of the word.

Your condition is a spiritual one. I can only communicate to you in the physical. I can only point out the
physical manifestations of a spiritual deceived condition. Only the Spirit of God can go in and deal with the
spiritual to free you.

He will fix your spiritual problems. He'll first get you in the Bible He wants you reading. I know He will, because
He done it for me. At one time, I believed all the wrong teachings of picking a Bible. I discerned a problem with
my spiritual walk and went to the Lord in prayer. I didn't get just an answer, I got an education. It took a couple
years. He got me into His inspired word first, then began to teach me spiritual foundations and understanding.
He will help you but you'll need to recognize the physical manifestations of spiritual deception and go to Him
for help. And if you don't think you are in any spiritual deception, go to the Lord in prayer and get His opinion
anyway.

Google "how to choose a bible". See what they teach. See if any use God's word to even back up what they say.
See if they cater to your ego of doing it yourself. I've looked around and listened to people teach on TV and radio
and youtube. I have yet to see and hear people say, "Be led by the Spirit of God, its His word, He knows best,
He'll guide you to His inspired word." I saw one website that list 9 steps to picking a bible and not one even
brought God into the mix. They cater to rely on "self". It is spiritual deception.

To wrap things up, if you read anything that you didn't like, or disagree with, or you have questions, take it to the
Lord in prayer. He can get to the spiritual root of the problem which I am not able to do. Take the issues to Him.
Seek Him out in getting into His inspired word, the correct Bible to use. He is VERY VERY active in your life
and with His word. He will help you and wants to help you.

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm sure your intention is well and I see that, but I honestly think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

So what happens when you get many many Christians reading from multiple polluted Bibles?

I'm not sure which bibles you consider polluted but I believe the Word is infallible, across multiple translations. The Holy Spirit is the One that gives understanding and surely He can use any well translation Bible to do so. I started off 13 years ago with ESV, then NIV, then Message, so on. I grew and learned throughout and was not deprived in any way. We don't need rules on how to pick a bible version. Simply get THE Bible and read prayerfully expecting faithfully that the Holy Spirit leads and teaches as you grow.

Now if you say polluted in referring to false doctrines/cults that pretend to be Christianity, I agree on that. Like Catholicism, Mormonism, JW to name some.

Again, lets review the three incorrect teachings:

I can't believe you think #1 is wrong. Seriously? Should one get a bible they don't understand? Is GOD not caring and loving enough to give His children and lost sheep a modern day translation they can understand?

#2 is fine. Why not? Nothing wrong with parallel bible reading.

He'll first get you in the Bible He wants you reading.

What may apply to you doesn't necessary apply to the rest of the people on this planet. There is nothing in Scripture that addresses such a thing directly nor indirectly.

I'm sure your intention is well and I see that, but I honestly think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

I'm not sure which bibles you consider polluted but I believe the Word is infallible, across multiple translations. The Holy Spirit is the One that gives understanding and surely He can use any well translation Bible to do so. I started off 13 years ago with ESV, then NIV, then Message, so on. I grew and learned throughout and was not deprived in any way. We don't need rules on how to pick a bible version. Simply get THE Bible and read prayerfully expecting faithfully that the Holy Spirit leads and teaches as you grow.

Now if you say polluted in referring to false doctrines/cults that pretend to be Christianity, I agree on that. Like Catholicism, Mormonism, JW to name some.

I can't believe you think #1 is wrong. Seriously? Should one get a bible they don't understand? Is GOD not caring and loving enough to give His children and lost sheep a modern day translation they can understand?

#2 is fine. Why not? Nothing wrong with parallel bible reading.

What may apply to you doesn't necessary apply to the rest of the people on this planet. There is nothing in Scripture that addresses such a thing directly nor indirectly.

Chad, just take what I said and go ask the Lord. Ask Him which Bible He wants you reading and is there a difference. Don't assume anything.
If you think you are right and I'm not, just ask Him. That's all I want out of my post, is for people to seek answers from the Lord. I have already sought Him
out and been corrected.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: Heb 8:10

Active
It means what the OT prophets wrote, what the NT people wrote, and what was translated into a later language, was by inspiration of God, or it isn't scripture.

I must admit, I have not read your whole original post yet.

It looked kind of long and scary. And being just a dim-witted sheep, I felt a little intimidated.

I did stop at the part above. I was going to say that I've never heard this before, but then I remembered that the King James only people believe something like this. So I can't say I've never heard it...

But, where on earth did you get this idea that translations into other languages are inspired by God? I'm quite certain I could find some errors in any English translation out there. If God perfectly inspired some of these... I don't think he did a very good job, if you don't mind me saying.

Blessings,

Travis

Loyal
I like all Bibles. My favorite is KJV, and ESV, but I have most all the different translations known to man, except "New World translation", and the Catholic Bible with all its extra books. :(

Focus on the first part of that verse " All scripture is given by inspiration of God".

Since no man can obtain the ability to read and write the spoken word without being taught by someone other than themselves. How did you learn?

It is ironic that religious folks accept the theory that by man's own wisdom the ability to read and write the written word evolved over time. However, I guess that would be true if the ability of man to communicate using the spoken word was manifested from the flesh and not gift of the Holy Ghost which gave the spirit made in his image and after his likeness the ability to speak in tongues. So those who hold that the gift of tongues has nothing to do with man's ability to communicate the spoken word, which there are many, then the ability to communicate with the spoken word must too have evolved as man developed a vocabulary of words by the sounds produced his vocal folds?

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: Isa 29:11
And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Isa 29:12
Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Isa 29:13
Isaiah 50:4 2 Sam 23:2 Job 27:4 Job 33:2

And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.Acts 7:22 Since Moses was trained in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, then how did Moses learn to write the written spoken word since Egyptians did not have the ability to write the written spoken word? Hence Exodus 31:18, And he [the LORD] gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon
mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

So in John 14:26 it is written, But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
How can one hear the Spirit?

I must admit, I have not read your whole original post yet.

It looked kind of long and scary. And being just a dim-witted sheep, I felt a little intimidated.

I did stop at the part above. I was going to say that I've never heard this before, but then I remembered that the King James only people believe something like this. So I can't say I've never heard it...

But, where on earth did you get this idea that translations into other languages are inspired by God? I'm quite certain I could find some errors in any English translation out there. If God perfectly inspired some of these... I don't think he did a very good job, if you don't mind me saying.

Blessings,

Travis

The problem with making a long post is people wont read it. If it is shortened, it then lack substance. There was more I could
have put in the post. The fact is, you'll have to have the mind of God to know how God wants His word written down.
Only God has the mind of God. Christians seem to want to form an opinion on God's word, or rather a certain Bible version.
In all honesty, God never asked anyone's opinion. If I take someone's book, that they wrote, and re-wrote it in my own
words and opinions, without asking, or getting permission, from the author, then copyrighted my book, and sold it for money
and claimed it was "more accurate",, what kind of legal trouble do you think I would get into? A lot of trouble is the answer.
Yet, this very same process is being carried out with God's word. And it is a rebellious attitude against toward the Lord
by telling Him which Bible you are going to use, rather than ask Him which one He wants you reading.
We are dealing with spiritual things. If God's spirit isn't behind a certain Bible, then what spirit is? And that is where
Christians are getting into trouble. And where did I get the information I shared in my original post? From the Lord.
He directed me to a Bible and shut the door on the rest. That Bible wasn't my choice. But it made a difference
because He helps me understand what He wrote and inspired and it is a dry well, with books others wrote.

What I posted, I directed people back to the Lord, if they have questions, or disagreements, or see something they
don't like about it. A lot of Christians are falling away from the faith. I want Christians to go to the Lord and ask Him
what is wrong with my spiritual walk and really be sincere about it. Everyone thinks what they believe is right.
You wont get a quick answer. You'll most likely get an education, on spiritual foundations, over a period of time.
The first thing He'll do is put you in a Bible He wants you reading, then He'll work from there and take you one step
at a time. But you will have to submit to Him and be willing to do it His way. I'm not telling you which Bible to read.
What I am saying is, "Go ask Him."

Since no man can obtain the ability to read and write the spoken word without being taught by someone other than themselves. How did you learn?

How can one hear the Spirit?

Well, you might want to find out. 1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Spiritually discerned wisdom can not be obtained with one's intellect. Christians are on a level playing field
because God gives the wisdom. It would be a good idea if Christians found out if they are in His will when it comes to
which Bible He wants them reading.

I like all Bibles. My favorite is KJV, and ESV, but I have most all the different translations known to man, except "New World translation", and the Catholic Bible with all its extra books. :(

Which one is inspired by God? That is what Christians need to focus on, where a Bible version is concerned.
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
for instruction in righteousness:

If it isn't inspired by God,, then is simply isn't scripture. There isn't any way to determine if a Bible
is inspired by God, with your intellect or any physical means. The issue is spiritual and has to be dealt with
spiritually, and that is, go pray and ask.

Well, you might want to find out.

Ok , thanks for the help.
p.s. Already heard
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Like saying God of God.

Spiritually discerned wisdom can not be obtained with one's intellect. Christians are on a level playing field
because God gives the wisdom. It would be a good idea if Christians found out if they are in His will when it comes to
which Bible He wants them reading.

But we have the mind of God, no?[/QUOTE]

Active
And it is a rebellious attitude against toward the Lord
by telling Him which Bible you are going to use, rather than ask Him which one He wants you reading.

There is only one bible. There are not many bibles. The scriptures, or the bible if one prefers, was not written in English.

It has however been translated into English, and some translations are better than others. To say that God has one, and only one version he wants you reading is a bit absurd. If there was one and only one version he wanted me reading He would have had me learn Hebrew and Koine Greek. He hasn't.

Your advice about asking God about what one and only one version of the bible he would have you to read is a bit strange. That would be like going to a church where 4 different men preach on a regular basis and saying, "Lord which one of these men, and it can only be one, would you have me to listen to and learn from?" If you got an answer back that said, "Only listen to this one and nothing else the rest say.." I would say with utmost surety that you are not hearing from God.

Just my opinion,

Blessings,

Travis

Loyal
Which one is inspired by God? That is what Christians need to focus on, where a Bible version is concerned.
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
for instruction in righteousness:

If it isn't inspired by God,, then is simply isn't scripture. There isn't any way to determine if a Bible
is inspired by God, with your intellect or any physical means. The issue is spiritual and has to be dealt with
spiritually, and that is, go pray and ask.
What you should be asking is what "manuscripts" are being used to "translate" the different Bibles, not what Bibles are inspired by God.

Staff Member
Greetings,

I remember reading one of Richard Wurmbrand's books, (possibly "Little Notes Which Like Each Other ") where he brought to my attention something remarkable yet strange but true.

When we read our Bible we overlook the white part, we only choose to see the black ink but it is the white of the page that brings the words to life.
Well, that's the memory that has stayed with me and that is my paraphrased version of what he wrote but I understand and know what he meant.

Bless you ....><>

Active
Only one translation for each language? OK, well....

The King James bible was not translated into American English... so, uh, dude, your using the wrong bible. lol

Language is not constant, but changes every day. The British English of the 16th century is not the British English of the 17th century, let alone the American English of the 21st century. For this reason, new translations are very helpful because they meaning of words has changed and with them the text needs revising to match modern vocabulary.

But I understand you reasoning. So, I will just give you my opinion....

Any translation in which the translators were born again spirit filled Christians, praying to God for His guidance in the translating process, that is going to be a good translation.

and most translations meet that. I like NIV, NASB, and Amplified. But I switch around at times.

(DId you know that the New Testament authors switched back and forth between which version of the OT scriptures they used in their references? Its true! )

Active
When we read our Bible we overlook the white part, we only choose to see the black ink but it is the white of the page that brings the words to life.

DEAR BRETHREN AND SISTERS
Until I went to prison I thought I believed that the
Bible was the Word of God. If anyone had asked me if I
believed the whole Bible to be His Word, without
hesitation I would have answered, "Yes."
I realise now that I was mistaken. I had only thought I
believed so. The Bible consists of white sheets of paper
(in former times, of parchments), on which are
imprinted or inscribed black letters. Around these
characters, between the lines and words and in the
margins, is a considerable mass of blank space, perhaps
even more than that occupied by words. The Bible
could not exist without this empty space. Does it also
belong to the Word of God, or is it sheer nothing? Does a
"nothing" exist? Something that is cannot be nothing.

. . .

And so I say, read not only what the Bible records in
black on white, but read its white spaces. Listen to its
silences. They are eloquent. You are not asked what sins
you have committed, nor are you commanded to utter
long prayers of repentance. Rather, believe that His
blood has cleansed you of all your sins, and rejoice.

Where we don't understand a part of the Bible, it is
the simplest thing to say humbly, "I can't understand,"
and to reflect that we are acquainted with only the
fringes of reality. The Author of the Bible can be trusted.

The proof of God's existence is that He has produced
the Bible, and the proof of the Bible is that so marvelous
a book could have been produced only by God.
Communists and some scientists claim that the world
was not created by God. And if they were right? There
would be reason enough to adore Him if He had
produced only the Bible.

A man who has lost, in addition to his beloved ones,
all his belongings, his health, his reputation, his liberty,
or even just a needle, must seek these things in the Bible.
He will surely find more than he has lost - the conviction
of the irrelevance of the things lost. One thing is needed.
Following the Bible, you will have chosen the good part.
And you will find the Beloved. Amen.

Alone With God - Wurmbrand​

Active
(DId you know that the New Testament authors switched back and forth between which version of the OT scriptures they used in their references? Its true! )

Good point.

Sometimes the Masoretic text was referenced, and other times the Greek Septuagint. Didn't even cross my mind.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Greetings,

I remember reading one of Richard Wurmbrand's books, (possibly "Little Notes Which Like Each Other ") where he brought to my attention something remarkable yet strange but true.

Well, that's the memory that has stayed with me and that is my paraphrased version of what he wrote but I understand and know what he meant.

Bless you ....><>

Interesting comment

The Tyndale New Testament of about 1526 is available in modern English spelling. Here is one link to finding where you can buy one: William Tyndale Bible - In Modern English - Kindle edition by William Tyndale, Theron Miller. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

I have used an online Tyndale New Testament in modern English spelling, though in a brief search I did not find one.

Tyndale translated his 1526 English New Testament from the Textus Receptus of Erasmus which was first published in 1516. The earlier English New Testament of John Wyclife, was translated in 1382 from the Latin Vulgate Bible.

Many of the English verse wordings found in the Geneva Bible and in the King James Version were originated by William Tyndale.

Remember that almost all the modern English Bibles are translated from the Westcott-Hort Greek texts of 1881 and not from the Textus Receptus. For some verses the Westcott-Hort Greek is identical to that of the Textus Receptus - but for other verses there are various differences and some differences involve changes in doctrine.

The problem is that the Westcott-Hort Greek is often shorter than the Textus Receptus, leaving out parts of the text. For example, look at Romans 8: 1. The Textus Receptus says "ουδεν αρα νυν κατακριμα τοις εν χριστω ιησου μη κατα σαρκα περιπατουσιν αλλα κατα πνευμα."

And the Westcott-Hort says "ουδεν αρα νυν κατακριμα τοις εν χριστω ιησου." If you prefer brief texts, you might like the Westcott-Hort Greek for Romans 8: 1.

But - Romans 8: 1 contains an important doctrine which is part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What is left out of the Westcott-Hort that is in the Textus Receptus? μη κατα σαρκα περιπατουσιν αλλα κατα πνευμα is left out of the Westcott-Hort Greek. Of course, the English new Bible versions translated from the Westcott-Hort reflect this difference.

The King James says "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

But the New American Standard says "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

The NIV for Romans 8: 1 says "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,"

Some of the newer Bible versions, however, have additional changes in verse wordings which are not due to the Westcott-Hort Greek.

Look at Luke 17: 21, "...for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

This is one of a few texts which explain that the Kingdom of God is not a carnal, earthly military-political type kingdom, but is a spiritual life within those who have Jesus Christ in them.

The Textus Receptus Greek for Luke 17: 21 says " ιδου γαρ η βασιλεια του θεου εντος υμων εστιν"

The Westcott-Hort Greek says " εκει ιδου γαρ η βασιλεια του θεου εντος υμων εστιν"

The key Greek word is εντος, entos, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance number 1787, from 1722, "inside, within."

But the New American Standard says "....nor will they say, `Look, here it is!' or, `There it is!' For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."

And the New Revised Standard has "....nor will they say, 'Look, here it is!' or 'There it is!' For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among you."

There are other examples where the newer English Bibles change the verse wordings of the Tyndale, Geneva and King James Version and in doing so change the doctrine taught. Look at II Peter 2: 3, "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

This is talking about the false prophets who in II Peter 2; 1 are said to bring in damnable heresies. The Textus Receptus and Westcott-Hort Greek texts happen to be identical for this verse. And the key word words translated as "make merchandise of you" are υμας εμπορευσονται, or umas emporeusontai, The root word for the verb emporeusontai is Strong's Exhaustive Concordance number 1713, emporos, merchant.

"They will make merchandise of you is a metaphor." The false prophets making merchandise of their followers refers to reducing them to mere merchandise. Following what Peter says of the workings of the false prophets in II Peter 2: 1 - that they bring in damnable heresies - to those who are deceived by them (see Matthew 24: 4-5 on the use of deception by the false prophets), we can say that making merchandise of them means the deceived are reduced back to the carnal state, back to being fully in the spiritual condition of the natural man of I Corinthians 2: 14.who cannot discern the things of the Spirit.

But the New Revised Standard Version says "And in their greed they will exploit you with deceptive words. Their condemnation, pronounced against them long ago, has not been idle, and their destruction is not asleep."

The New American Standard Version has "and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep."

And the New International Version says " In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping."

These three new Bible versions destroy the metaphor of making merchandise of you by, in effect, interpreting umas emporeusontai to mean "in their greed." The false prophets may be greedy for material gain, but this is not the main point of the metaphor, that the false prophets will reduce the spiritual life of those they deceive, and cause them not to receive the things of the Spirit of God.

There is only one bible. There are not many bibles. The scriptures, or the bible if one prefers, was not written in English.

It has however been translated into English, and some translations are better than others. To say that God has one, and only one version he wants you reading is a bit absurd. If there was one and only one version he wanted me reading He would have had me learn Hebrew and Koine Greek. He hasn't.

Your advice about asking God about what one and only one version of the bible he would have you to read is a bit strange. That would be like going to a church where 4 different men preach on a regular basis and saying, "Lord which one of these men, and it can only be one, would you have me to listen to and learn from?" If you got an answer back that said, "Only listen to this one and nothing else the rest say.." I would say with utmost surety that you are not hearing from God.

Just my opinion,

Blessings,

Travis

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

It says "all scripture". It doesn't say "all scripture is the result of educated scholars giving a best educated guess while attempting to be
as accurate as possible." It says "all scripture is given by inspiration of God." That means, an English Bible was given by the inspiration
of God, or it isn't God's word. And what God gave, man can not improve upon, only pollute it. It means the Bible the people of Russia read
had to be given by the inspiration of God also. God knows what He wants said and how He wants it said and He is VERY active in His word.
He isn't sitting up in heaven, with His arms cross and saying, "be accurate boys, be accurate.." If you read from a man made Bible, then you
read from man's opinion of God's word. Since its man made, it wasn't inspired and they got no help from God making it. They will produce
a polluted book. The spiritual lesson can be found in Exodus 20:25 And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn
stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.

You'll have to use what God provided. He created the stones to make the alter. It had to be built His way. Once man decides to please himself
with the design and layout of the alter, he pollutes it. By re-shaping the stones with tools, the stones are no longer to God's design, but man's
design. God would not accept anything from a polluted alter and He holds His word in much higher regard than those alters, as stated in:
Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for
thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

God magnifies His word above His own name because He is that serious about it. Man doesn't have the right or authorization
from God to make a new Bible just because man thinks he needs one, or simply to please man's own desires. It has to be from
God. God decides on His word. He determines when a people get a Bible, who works on the writing of it and He inspires
what is written and how it is written.