• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The church, the law and marijuana

With states starting to sell Medical and Recreational Marijuana will this have an effect on Christians? Is marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol as President Obama said?

With states starting to sell Medical and Recreational Marijuana will this have an effect on Christians? Is marijuana no more dangerous than alcohol as President Obama said?

How can it effect you if you do not partake?
you can get alcohol poisoning and you cannot over dose on marijuana, I know this because back in the day(b.c.) I tried to o.d. on it. you just go to sleep. The deaths for driving drunk is way way way higher(no pun intended) than that of driving while intoxicated on marijuana. Marijuana wont cause your liver to fail, although it can damage your lungs. There has also been a study that produced one drink of alky kills 10,000 brain cells permanently while smoking a joint only temporarily paralyses the connectors from brain cell to brain cell and after you quit smoking they can revive. so I would say in this aspect it is not as dangerous.
However weather alky or pot..... drunkenness is a sin. And hell fire is pretty dangerous I would think. So in this aspect, not to much different. Luke 12:
45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Loyal
Well, alcohol, certainly is dangerous. Anything material thing taken for the wrong purpose or in too great a quantity is dangerous. If we eat and drink garbage all day and while partaking of 5 minutes of scripture during the same time period, why would we find it strange that we live like devils?

The bible tells us all things are here for use or consumption and enjoyment but not all things are profitable ! I know cancer patients that have to use this its helps with the affects if chemo and pain ,, But it can be Abused like any thing else and does create the environment prone to violence and bondage ! ..Rev

Staff Member

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

As a clinical nurse practitioner I have treated numerous patients suffering from alcohol related disease and also those involved in accidents caused by alcohol.
The physical and psychological effects are devastating.

I have seen an equally large amount of patients admitted to hospital due to marijuana induced psychosis (mainly young men)
Most recreational marijuana is smoked which also puts the lungs at risk

If marijuana is to be made available as a medicine then it has to be treated like the drug that it is and be used correctly in prescribed doses

If marijuana is to be made legally available for recreational use then Christians should avoid it for the physical reasons but more even so....
What glory does it give to the Lord?
What spiritual value is it?
It can quickly become an idol that takes over the Lord's place in our hearts

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Loyal
Eph 5:18; And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,

Alcohol is a drug, I would say the verse above goes for any drug. If you aren't in control of your mind, who is?