• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Blessing of the Lord

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
The Blessing of the Lord

Pro 10:22 The BLESSING OF THE LORD makes rich, and he adds no sorrow with it.

When God “BLESSES” a living thing, it is because he said something “GOOD” about them through words.

After the Lord created the animals, he blessed them saying....

Gen 1:22 And GOD BLESSED THEM, SAYING, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. (KJV)

After the Lord formed man into his image, he blessed them saying....

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Gen 1:28 And GOD BLESSED THEM. AND GOD SAID TO THEM, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” (ESV)

The blessing of the Lord always makes rich the one who is blessed. Obviously, when God speaks his words have great power to change things, and to bring things into existence that did not exist before. When I read the scriptures, I see everything is dependent on the Word of God. There is no life without the Word of God. There is no peace without the Word of God. Nothing would exist without the Word of God, and the things that do exist are being upheld, and held together by “ the Word of his power” (Heb 1:3, Col 1:16-17)

When the Lord God spoke to Abraham he spoke the same thing him.

Heb 6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
Heb 6:14 SAYING, SURELY BLESSING I WILL BLESS THEE, AND MULTIPLYING I WILL MULTIPLY THEE.

The difference between what God said to the animals, and to Adam was that GOD HIMSELF would be the one to multiply Abraham instead of Abraham, Adam, or the animals of the earth multiplying them self's.

Being blessed is in being “FRUITFUL”, and “MULTIPLYING” all our needs, spiritually, and physically. As a Christian, all of our needs have already been met by God in his blessing us through his Word. God himself has multiplied us, and he himself has made us to be fruitful in all that we do or say.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, WHO HATH BLESSED US WITH ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST:
Notice it says in Eph 1:3.....

“BLESSED BE THE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,.....”

Why, and or who blesses God? We are the ones, who BLESS his Holy name for what he has done through our words towards him!!!

Psa 145:2 Every day I WILL BLESS YOU AND PRAISE YOUR NAME forever and ever.

Psa 34:1 I WILL BLESS THE LORD AT ALL TIMES: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Being blessed is not just having all of ours needs met, because a person can have all of these things, and yet have no “peace” in what he has. What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and yet loses his own soul? What good is having all of ones needs met, and yet have sorrow? God “blesses” the complete man physically, and spiritually. Spirit, soul, and body. This is why the scripture says....

Pro 10:22 The BLESSING OF THE LORD MAKES RICH, and HE ADDS NO SORROW WITH IT.