• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Beauty of Holiness

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
The Beauty of Holiness

How concerned are we over our looks that every one else see's? We always want to look our best, which is not a bad thing at all, but sometimes we get all riled up if our hair just does not look right to us. I know I don't like to go anywhere until after I have taken a shower so I don't look like I just woke up. You might have noticed as you get older our body changes so that, that extra weight we put on causes us to look different, and it is usually not in a good way.
Running, exercising, and dieting is one way of trying to make our self's look cooler, not only to our self's put to others. The Bible tells us that “BODILY EXERCISE PROFITS LITTLE”

1Ti 4:8 For BODILY EXERCISE PROFITETH LITTLE: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

Bodily exercising is good, but according to the scriptures it profits “little”. It only has some useful benefits. Notice the second part of this verse as it says....

“…..but godliness is profitable unto ALL things,.....”

Exercising godliness is more profitable to our physical body, and not only that, but it is profitable in this life, and the life which is to come!!! Nothing can make your body more healthy than exercising godliness!!
“….but godliness is profitable unto all things, HAVING PROMISE OF THE LIFE THAT NOW IS, AND OF THAT WHICH IS TO COME.”

We all want to look beautiful every day, so we do everything possible we can to make our self's look that way. Think about it, if someone is kinda homely, and if they are “fat”, exercising, and getting skinny only causes that person to go from being fat and homely to skinny, and homely!!! :smile: I know that sounds not nice, and I am not trying to be mean. This is wear bodily exercise falls way short (profits little).

There was a time in my life were I exercised everyday thinking it would make me look better. Once I got down to my ideal weight, my wife said to me I looked much older being skinny, then I did being over weight, so I reverted back to being over weight. Who cares if we feel better being skinny, I would would rather look better, than to the feel better. This is all vain thinking, and we need to change how we look by doing it God's way.
The apostle Paul wrote to the women in the Church, and told them this.....

1Pe 3:3 Don't be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes.
1Pe 3:4 YOU SHOULD CLOTHE YOURSELVES INSTEAD WITH THE BEAUTY THAT COMES FROM WITHIN, THE UNFADING BEAUTY OF A GENTLE AND QUIET SPIRIT, which is so precious to God.
1Pe 3:5 THIS IS HOW THE HOLY WOMEN OF OLD MADE THEMSELVES BEAUTIFUL. They trusted God and accepted the authority of their husbands.

This is also true of men. Beauty is not in a outward appearance, it comes from the heart (spirit of man) where Jesus lives inside of us. Those who walk in the Spirit, and in the light of God causes the life of Jesus to be made manifested in our mortal flesh!!!

2Co 4:11 For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so THAT THE LIFE OF JESUS ALSO MAY BE MANIFESTED IN OUR MORTAL FLESH.
Jesus is beautiful!!!

Psa 90:16 Let thy work appear unto thy servants, and thy glory unto their children.
Psa 90:17 And LET THE BEAUTY OF THE LORD OUR GOD BE UPON US: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

Who would ever think that God who created all things would choose to have a body in his incarnation that would not be the most handsome, blemish free from any other?

Isa 53:1 Who has believed our message? To whom has the LORD revealed His powerful arm?
Isa 53:2 My Servant grew up in the LORD's presence like a tender green shoot, like a root in dry ground. THERE WAS NOTHING BEAUTIFUL OR MAJESTIC ABOUT HIS APPEARANCE, NOTHING TO ATTRACT US TO HIM.

If we were God, I am sure we would have chosen to have the the most beautiful body of any man ever born of a women. Six pack abs that would have put Hercules to same!!! The Lord just choose to have a average Joe looks, that would not cause any women to go wild over!!! Jesus was “drop dead gorgeous” not because of his outward looks, but because of his godliness.

It makes no difference how anyone looks outwardly, or at what age they are with wrinkles, or multiple teeth missing when they smile, if they are godly, then they are the most beautiful people the world has ever seen.
Exercising godliness is profitable in the life, and in the next!!! :smile: