• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

The Anger List

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff member
So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Anger increases your heart rate, makes your blood pressure rise, and consumes mental resources that could be used for more productive responses.

Anger can lead to bitterness, unforgiveness, and invisible barriers that keep others away. Anger is rarely rational, often visible, and always results in an internal storm warning. Anger is hard to reverse when you’re quick to speak, slow to give a fair hearing, and reluctant to forgive. Anger infects those you come in contact with and can cripple those you live with. It greatly affects every aspect of living. Anger causes you to struggle to love.

Anger isn’t always wrong, but shouldn’t be your go-to response. “’In your anger do not sin’” (Ephesians 4:16). And anger should always be resolved. As Paul said, “Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you” (Ephesians 4:31-32).

Maybe we’re urged to keep a distance from anger because it’s the perfect environment for compounding a laundry list of poor choices. Each additional rebellious choice will wound you as much, and perhaps more than, the objects of your anger.