• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

The 5 CROWNS we should all seek

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
There are 5 crowns we should seek, these are:

- the imperishable crown
- the crown of rejoicing
- the crown of righteousness
- the crown of glory
- the crown of life

All saved believers run the race, but not all get the crown.

Paul shows us what encouraged him, to seek Even the Prospect of an Incorruptible Crown

We are to run the race in such a way that we may obtain the prize, 'The Crown' 'The Crowns'

Below are just a few examples, The Bible is full of them.

Seek the imperishable EVERLASTING CROWN in heaven, not the perishable ones on earth.
Earthly rewards are temporal, a heavenly crown is an eternal reward for doing God's will on earth.
Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven.....
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NKJV)
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.
26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Seek the CROWN of REJOICING (Soul winners Crown)
Philippians 4:1 (NKJV)

1 Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my JOY and CROWN, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved.

1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 (NKJV)
19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Is it not even you in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming?
20 For you are our glory and joy.

Matthew 5:12 (NKJV)
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke 15:7 (NKJV)
7 I say to you that likewise there will be more JOY in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

Luke 15:7 (NIV2011)
7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more REJOICING in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Seek the RIGHTEOUS CROWN the CROWN of RIGHTEOUSNESS
2 Timothy 4:8 (NKJV)

8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Matthew 5:17-20 (NKJV)
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Seek the CROWN of GLORY the GLORIOUS CROWN

The perfect example
Psalm 8:5 (NKJV)
5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

1 Peter 5:2-4 (NKJV)

2 Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly;
3 nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock;
4 and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away.

Seek the CROWN OF LIFE
The crown of life is not equivalent to eternal life.
Eternal life is the free gift of God to all who believe in Jesus for it.
The crown of life (like all the crowns mentioned in Scripture) is a form of honour and recognition that Jesus bestows upon those who faithfully serve and honour Him.

James 1:12 (NKJV)
12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

Revelation 2:10 (NKJV)
10 Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

These 5 CROWNS we, that is every believer, should run the race to get.

Please do comment and add additional scriptures that relate to each Crown.

These are part of our reward in Heaven, although we cannot work for our salvation, we are to run the race to obtain the Crowns.

How these rewards work we are not sure, again comments please, it could be that by achieving the crowns, or the race we run to try get them, we could be nearer the Lord in the New Jerusalem, the Holy City which is over 1400 miles square and high.

John 14:1-4 (NKJV)
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4 And where I go you know, and the way you know."