• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Test Questions

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Then Jesus lifted up [His] eyes, and seeing a great multitude coming toward Him, He said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread, that these may eat?" But this He said to test him, for He Himself knew what He would do. John 6:5-6 NKJV

Remember how your schoolteachers and college professors would pose tough questions and you were pretty sure they already knew the answers? It’s a method of teaching as old as teaching itself, because it challenges students to think and seek out answers for themselves.

In today’s scripture passage, the Great Teacher asked one of His disciples how to feed thousands of hungry people. They had no food with them, and they probably didn’t have enough places close by to buy bread for everyone.

Then again, Jesus knew what He was going to do and how He was going to do it. Before He acted, though, Jesus used this opportunity to teach His friend an important truth about faith and about who his Provider really was.

When you look at something you know God wants you to do, and then ask how, you’re in the place where God can teach you a little more about trusting Him.

Prayer: Lord, thank You for having Your plans for me all mapped out. When I wonder how I’m going to act on those plans, teach me to trust in You more and then to act on what I know.