• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Templates, over and over again will we learn?

thought this was interesting in my general reading today, It is just to be aware of sin's deceitfulness so you don't end up like the foolish virgins when Christ comes, when it will be too late.

HEBREWS 3:12-14 (hscb)
12 Watch out, brothers, so that there won’t be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart that departs from the living God. 13 But encourage each other daily, while it is still called today, so that none of you is hardened by sin’s deception. 14 For we have become companions of the Messiah if we hold firmly until the end the reality that we had at the start. 15 As it is said:

Today, if you hear His voice,
do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion
(read in context the whole chapter in Hebrews 3)

I think we know that God is the same yesterday, today and forever, but we can forget that as our circumstances in life can be causing us to change course and sending us in a direction that we shouldn't be going. I guess my question is have you deverted your time with God, included his word and prayer in the mist of all this turmoil that is going on in the world? I think seemly what can be viewed on our part as necessary time spent on other things so we can be in the know may be the distraction that keeps us from being ready when He comes, like the foolish virgins. They all were planning on meeting the Bridegroom, but some of them must have been preoccupied with something else that they were not prepared. I think that is one of the ideas of this deceitfulness of sin? What do think?

I made this video last summer with a few thoughts on that.

Staff Member
Greetings,

three times Jesus asked Peter if he [Peter] loved Him.
At any given time,if we were asked that question, how would we respond and/or reply?

Bless you ....><>

Active
Greetings,
three times Jesus asked Peter if he [Peter] loved Him.
At any given time,if we were asked that question, how would we respond and/or reply?
Bless you ....><>
This exchange is a victim of the KJV translators.

Remembering that not to long previously, Peter, and all the disciples have SWORN that they'll DIE for Jesus if necessary.

And, of course, when they got the chance to face the soldiers to they all deserted Him, and ran. Peter, in fact Denied ever even KNOWING Jesus (as Jesus had prophesied that he would).

SO Jesus asks Peter: "Agape ??" (the highest form of love). Peter answers: "Phileo" ( I'm fond of you ) - equivalent to telling Jesus : "Not really" Peter had LEARNED how totally empty his words of commitment had been. But Jesus tells him to "Feed His Sheep".

And Jesus asks again: "AGAPE?" - and Peter answers again "Phileo". And Jesus tells him to "Feed His Lambs".

And Jesus, the Third time, changes His question and asks "Phileo"?? And Peter is broken - he says: "you know my heart" and admits that "Phileo" is the best He can do. Jesus again tells him to "Feed His Sheep" EVEN THOUGH Peter doesn't have, and KNOWS he doesn't have anything like Agape Love for Jesus.

Feeding the sheep appears to be Jesus' solution to Peter's problem, because by the time Peter's murdered, He's showing Agape.

How would I respond?? I'll tell you when the terrible hour comes -

This exchange is a victim of the KJV translators.

Remembering that not to long previously, Peter, and all the disciples have SWORN that they'll DIE for Jesus if necessary.

And, of course, when they got the chance to face the soldiers to they all deserted Him, and ran. Peter, in fact Denied ever even KNOWING Jesus (as Jesus had prophesied that he would).

SO Jesus asks Peter: "Agape ??" (the highest form of love). Peter answers: "Phileo" ( I'm fond of you ) - equivalent to telling Jesus : "Not really" Peter had LEARNED how totally empty his words of commitment had been. But Jesus tells him to "Feed His Sheep".

And Jesus asks again: "AGAPE?" - and Peter answers again "Phileo". And Jesus tells him to "Feed His Lambs".

And Jesus, the Third time, changes His question and asks "Phileo"?? And Peter is broken - he says: "you know my heart" and admits that "Phileo" is the best He can do. Jesus again tells him to "Feed His Sheep" EVEN THOUGH Peter doesn't have, and KNOWS he doesn't have anything like Agape Love for Jesus.

Feeding the sheep appears to be Jesus' solution to Peter's problem, because by the time Peter's murdered, He's showing Agape.

How would I respond?? I'll tell you when the terrible hour comes -
Interesting