• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Tears of Joy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Tears of Joy

Jer 31:1 "In that day," says the LORD, "I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they will be My people.
Jer 31:2 This is what the LORD says: "Those who survive the coming destruction will find blessings even in the barren land, for I WILL GIVE REST TO THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL." (NLT)

God promises to give “REST” to the people of Israel. Who are the people of Israel? Israel was not only the name of a person (Jacob), it is also a name of a group of people. The New Testament is not about Israel, it is about Jesus Christ who is a “type” of Israel. Jesus being a single person, but his body is made up of many members!! (The Church) (1 Cor 12:12)

The prophet Hosea prophesied about his “servant Israel” (Jesus Christ) who would come out of Egypt.(Hosea 11:1) This prophesy was fulfilled in the New Testament.

Hosea 11:1 When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. (Psa 136:22, Isa 44:1, Isa 49:3)

Mat 2:14 And having risen, he took the Child and His mother by night and withdrew to Egypt
Mat 2:15 And remained there until Herod's death. THIS WAS TO FULFILL WHAT THE LORD HAD SPOKEN BY THE PROPHET, OUT OF EGYPT HAVE I CALLED MY SON. [Hos_11:1] (AMP)

The Church today is the true people of Israel!!!

Rom 9:6 However, it is not as though God's Word had failed [coming to nothing]. For IT IS NOT EVERYBODY WHO IS A DESCENDANT OF JACOB (ISRAEL) WHO BELONGS TO [THE TRUE] ISRAEL. (AMP)

God promised to give rest to the people of Israel (the Church) This rest comes as we “labor” to enter into this rest which can only be experienced by “faith”. Faith takes work (labor). Believing God takes “work” as Jesus said, “...this is the WORK of God that you BELIEVE in whom he has sent...” (John 6:29)

Heb 4:9 THERE REMAINETH THEREFORE A REST TO THE PEOPLE OF GOD.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 LET US LABOUR THEREFORE TO ENTER INTO THAT REST, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Have you ever been in Church, and maybe a song was being sung, and TEARS came to your eyes? These tears were not because you were sad, but because you felt a overwhelming peace, and rest by God's presence being with you!! The Bible tells us that we are sitting in Heavenly places in Christ!!! This is true whether you believe it or not. If we are a child of God, our unbelief of this can never change that fact!! There is fullness of Joy in God's presence, and our physical body is effected by this fact as we stand in his presence with tears of Joy!!!

Jer 31:9 TEARS OF JOY WILL STREAM DOWN THEIR FACES, and I will lead them home with great care. They will walk beside quiet streams and on smooth paths where they will not stumble. FOR I AM ISRAEL'S FATHER, and Ephraim is My oldest child.
Jer 31:10 "Listen to this message from the LORD, you nations of the world; proclaim it in distant coast lands: The LORD, who scattered His people, WILL GATHER THEM AND WATCH OVER THEM AS A SHEPHERD DOES HIS FLOCK. (NLT)

The Lord God has gathered his Church together, and we all have been translated into his Kingdom!!! (Col 1:12-13)

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and HATH TRANSLATED US INTO THE KINGDOM OF HIS DEAR SON:

Let the tears of Joy stream down our faces in what the Lord God has done!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 2
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0