• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Talking about bibles

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
I was doing some massive cleaning this past week and came across my old catholic bible I had many I threw away but this one was stashed away pretty good and I had forgotten all about it. This is the very first bible I ever read from cover to cover. Let me tell you folks some of the things that are added to the bible and aint pretty.

First off they have 73 books in the there bible

then they have the catholic doctrine after many sections of the bible explaining thing there way. So you have the bible then thick heavy pages after some books in the bible that explain there catholic doctrine, and some of these explanations seem pure evil to me now that God is beginning to open my eyes I beleive, but at the time I saw nothing wrong at all.

A couple that struck a nerve for me now, when I read several years ago I had no clue.

1. Jesus Came to create the Catholic church and anyone who is does not belong to it can not be saved.
If you belong to the catholic church and leave it you will loose salvation.

2. Also a section goes on to tell us the bible is not the final authority on faith but the church is.

3. 7 sacrament needed for salvation

I had been a catholic my entire life and had no clue of there doctrine, as I feel most have no clue. I purchased this bible years ago from the catholic book store at the parish I belonged to at the time. This was all around 5-7 years ago when I began thinking if I really wanted to know what God wanted from me I needed to read the bible, adn I would read one bible from cover to cover every year or so, then I began to study the bible and that's when things started changing for me and I got out of that catholic church.

Active
I was doing some massive cleaning this past week and came across my old catholic bible I had many I threw away but this one was stashed away pretty good and I had forgotten all about it. This is the very first bible I ever read from cover to cover. Let me tell you folks some of the things that are added to the bible and aint pretty.

First off they have 73 books in the there bible

then they have the catholic doctrine after many sections of the bible explaining thing there way. So you have the bible then thick heavy pages after some books in the bible that explain there catholic doctrine, and some of these explanations seem pure evil to me now that God is beginning to open my eyes I beleive, but at the time I saw nothing wrong at all.

A couple that struck a nerve for me now, when I read several years ago I had no clue.

1. Jesus Came to create the Catholic church and anyone who is does not belong to it can not be saved.
If you belong to the catholic church and leave it you will loose salvation.

2. Also a section goes on to tell us the bible is not the final authority on faith but the church is.

3. 7 sacrament needed for salvation

I had been a catholic my entire life and had no clue of there doctrine, as I feel most have no clue. I purchased this bible years ago from the catholic book store at the parish I belonged to at the time. This was all around 5-7 years ago when I began thinking if I really wanted to know what God wanted from me I needed to read the bible, adn I would read one bible from cover to cover every year or so, then I began to study the bible and that's when things started changing for me and I got out of that catholic church.
I personally think that many a person tends to follow the doctrine that they were brought up in. If any part of that doctrine is false and, that person is a honest searcher of God's word, It doesn't matter what Bible they read,.....according to the Holy Spirit the real truth will rise and they will settle in on the right path.
I use many a Bible and whether the KJV or something else, I can trust the Lord to lead me in his righteous ways. I need man to agree with truth, I don't need him to direct me in truth! I have never read or had a "Catholic" Bible...if I ever did have one, it probably wouldn't be for long!

Loyal
Yes I am with you I have twp version the esv and NIV on my kitchen counter open to the current reading of the day every day in my house. I am going to throw away the catholic one soon I have a good freind I want to show it first I think.

They call Mary the Queen of heaven in this "bible"

Active
Hi there my good friends, and Shalom. Choosing a Bible is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make. I feel the best criterion for a solid choice is the one which has the least....

Revelation 22:18 "I warn everyone who hears the words of the nebuah (prophecy) of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book,
22:19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this nebuah (prophecy), God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book." (ESV)

Revelation 22:18 "For I witness to everyone hearing the words of the nebuah (prophesy) of this book: If anyone adds to them, Yahweh (Abba Father) shall add to him the plagues that are written in this book, (19) and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this nebuah (prophesy), Yahweh (Abba Father) shall take away his part from the Book of Hai (spiritual Life), and out of the qodesh (set apart-holy) city, which are written in this Book. (HalleluYah Scriptures)

My favorite is the HalleluYah Scriptures which is Paleo Hebrew and the most accurate translation in the world of Bibles. Written in Aramaic/Hebrew The only one that's older is the picturegraphic Otiot which Moses received from the Hand of Elohim (God), the 10 Commandments.

If you're interested, go to www.halleluyahscriptures.com, watch the videos on it's origin and send them a donation and order your Bible. It comes with ample means of interpreting the Hebrew words....You will love this inspired Truth of God's Word, there's no other that's better. These Bibles are shipped all over the world to poor people, free to those who have never been able to afford a Bible.

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
While I agree that there are some horrible versions of the bible, I remember the time someone in the bible was preaching who was not following Jesus...Remember? Mark 9:38-40 (CJB)
38 Yochanan said to him, “Rabbi, we saw a man expelling demons in your name; and because he wasn’t one of us, we told him to stop.” 39 But Yeshua said, “Don’t stop him, because no one who works a miracle in my name will soon after be able to say something bad about me. 40 For whoever is not against us is for us.
Anyone preaching the Word, even if he does not follow Jesus can be used to draw people into the Kingdom.

Loyal
While I agree that there are some horrible versions of the bible, I remember the time someone in the bible was preaching who was not following Jesus...Remember? Mark 9:38-40 (CJB)
38 Yochanan said to him, “Rabbi, we saw a man expelling demons in your name; and because he wasn’t one of us, we told him to stop.” 39 But Yeshua said, “Don’t stop him, because no one who works a miracle in my name will soon after be able to say something bad about me. 40 For whoever is not against us is for us.
Anyone preaching the Word, even if he does not follow Jesus can be used to draw people into the Kingdom.
Yeap if people do not know the doctrine or perfect theology (who really does?) , yet they Love Jesus that is the important part I believe as well.

Active
Yes I am with you I have twp version the esv and NIV on my kitchen counter open to the current reading of the day every day in my house. I am going to throw away the catholic one soon I have a good friend I want to show it first I think.

They call Mary the Queen of heaven in this "bible"
You may want to reconsider throwing that Catholic Bible away. If you consider how many Catholics you may come across that does not know what the Catholic Church teaches just like you in the past or does not believe that the Catholic Church teaches that, your Catholic Bible would come in handy then. If anything, that Catholic Bible would prompt them to ask the hard questions from their Catholic priest(s) when otherwise they would not have bothered to ask at all.