• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Taking God Seriously

Staff Member
Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?" So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:19-20

People make time for the things that matter most to them. It's one thing to say something is important, but another entirely to internalize it, spend time on it, and act because of it. This happens even with Christians who understand that Jesus is preeminent (Colossians 1:15-20) but put getting to know Him better behind more urgent things like work, family, or hobbies.

Good intentions aren't enough to walk fruitfully with Jesus. The disciples discovered this when they failed to cast out a demon. Jesus told them, "So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."

Don't let that discourage you, though. David tells how to take God seriously: "To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me."

Prayer: Jesus, make me aware of anything that is coming between me and You. I want to put You first in everything, knowing You'll take care of my every need.

Loyal
People make time for the things that matter most to them. It's one thing to say something is important, but another entirely to internalize it, spend time on it, and act because of it

I recently herd a pastor who was in a huge bible teaching church. And he asked all people to stand who read the bible cover to cover 1time, he said it was a about 50%, then he said remain standing if you have read the bible 2times and only about 20% left by the third time no one was left standing.

he went on to say it only takes 72hrs to read the bible cover to cover, and he believes we should have read the bible cover to cover as many times as our age is.

Our faith is directly linked to the word of God sounds like good advice to me.