• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Take No Thought Saying....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Take No Thought Saying....

The devil has no idea what we are thinking, unless we open our mouths, and speak out what he is telling us.

1Co 2:11 NO ONE CAN KNOW A PERSON'S THOUGHTS EXCEPT THAT PERSON'S OWN SPIRIT, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit. (NLT)

The only one who knows our thoughts is our own spirit, and God himself because he lives inside of us.
What we say out of our mouths is powerful, and it has the power to bring to pass what we say. As it is written....

James 3:6 And THE TONGUE IS A FLAME OF FIRE. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. IT CAN SET YOUR WHOLE LIFE ON FIRE, FOR IT IS SET ON FIRE BY HELL ITSELF. (NLT)

A man has joy by the answer of his tongue. (Prov 15:23) If joy comes by what comes out of our mouths, than what we say determines our spiritual feelings we have, and the course of our life! Jesus said that “he only spoke the words he heard his Father say....” (John 12:50) We can either speak what God says, or what the devil says. Never speak out what the devil is telling you!!!

If we say what we are hearing the devil say to us then we will not have the joy of the Lord, which happens to be our strength. (Neh 8:10) If we have no Joy we have no strength!!!

Sometimes my wife will say something to me, and then she will ask me if I was listening to what she said. I would say, “Yes honey, I heard every thing you said, but I was not listening to what you said, can you repeat that again?” She would say back to me, “You never listen to me!!!” Guess what? Sometimes I will ask my wife something and she has the exact same problem as me!!! She hears me, but she did not listen to what I said. So, this is not a “man” problem, it is a mankind problem.

Selective listening is a huge benefit to have, but not in a marriage!! We can not stop the devil when he is speaking lies to us, any more then we can not stop a person off in the distance speaking words with in our hearing. What we can do is not listen to what he is saying to us. We can not stop the hearing part, but we can stop the listening part!!!

Words whether they are from God or from the devil have this ability to produce images within our conscience. Words from our enemy produce images of despair, hopelessness, death, lack, and every thing contrary to what God says. Words from the Lord our God only produces images of life, and peace, and every thing good.

No wonder we are told to “cast down” “imaginations”, and every high thing that is contrary to the Word of God!!! (2 Cor 10:5)

Loyal
"Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be." James 3:10

"Ought not to be", but too often all of us have found it to be true in ourselves in that we both blessed people and cursed them.

Consider being in a meeting of God's people (church service) and saying as the service ends with your mouth: "Give God the glory" and then as you are driving your car down the road on the way home from that service someone dangerously cuts in front of you causing you to slam on your brakes and that same mouth spues out something quite different and very negative?

God help us all to allow Him to tame our tongues:

"But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." James 3:8