Take Hold of God’s Peace

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff member
You will keep [him] in perfect peace, [Whose] mind [is] stayed [on You], Because he trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3

As the spiritual leader of your family, the buck stops with you. While you’re wise to discuss issues with your wife and seek the counsel of mature, experienced Christians, in the end, you’re responsible for the big decisions. In those situations, how can you have peace?

When Jesus told His disciples, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you” (John 14:27), His peace was an actual thing, not an absence of something like conflict or confusion. Isaiah tied peace to trust, deliberately turning your thoughts toward God instead of your problems. Paul described peace as a shield “which transcends all understanding (and) will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7).

Furthermore, Paul detailed the types of thoughts you should be turning toward God—things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8).

When you figure all of those into your decisions—thinking about what the cost might be or what it means to follow God in your circumstances—He will give you His peace. And it won’t be the peace the world gives, the sort that leaves you doubting, second-guessing, and feeling more alone than ever. Once you grasp God’s peace, you’ll make the best decision possible, entrusting your cares to Him.

Loyal Member
You will keep [him] in perfect peace, [Whose] mind [is] stayed [on You], Because he trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3

As the spiritual leader of your family, the buck stops with you. While you’re wise to discuss issues with your wife and seek the counsel of mature, experienced Christians, in the end, you’re responsible for the big decisions. In those situations, how can you have peace?

When Jesus told His disciples, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you” (John 14:27), His peace was an actual thing, not an absence of something like conflict or confusion. Isaiah tied peace to trust, deliberately turning your thoughts toward God instead of your problems. Paul described peace as a shield “which transcends all understanding (and) will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7).

Furthermore, Paul detailed the types of thoughts you should be turning toward God—things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8).

When you figure all of those into your decisions—thinking about what the cost might be or what it means to follow God in your circumstances—He will give you His peace. And it won’t be the peace the world gives, the sort that leaves you doubting, second-guessing, and feeling more alone than ever. Once you grasp God’s peace, you’ll make the best decision possible, entrusting your cares to Him.
Blessed are the peace makers.

It wasnt just an abstract thought when Jesus spoke this. It has its own substance.

We often are so caught up in only the physical aspects of God, that we forget God created us in His image. Not just in maybe shape, but more so in mind (emotions) body and spirit.
Jesus says, Love God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.

☝ the image of God.

Your piece, well written brother.