• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Take God's Medicine

God has medicine, the medicine of God is his word. Proverbs 4:20-22 says, My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. That word health is translated-medicine, healing, remedy, and cure. Don't just look at God's word as words on a page, but as power. Romans 1:16 says, that the word of God is the power of God. So, whatever God can do his word can do. One thing we know is that God changes conditions with his word. We see that in Genesis chapter 1, when the earth was dark and void God started speaking. And notice how God spoke He did not waste his time talking the conditions, He called for what He wanted. That's a lesson for us to not waste time talking conditions, but call for what you want according to the word of God. That's what God told Abraham and his wife Sarah to do. In Genesis 17:4,5 it says, As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. 5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. And in Genesis 17:15 it says, And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. Understand what's happening God is telling them to call themselves different names that are in line with his word for Abraham means-father of a multitude and Sarah means-princess of nation.

God is having them to do like him don't waste time talking conditions call for what you want according to God's word. Why, because his words changes conditions. The word of God will work for anyone that will put it to work, but to put it to work it has to be spoken. In Isaiah 55:11 God says, So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. His word returns to him by you speaking it. You have to hold fast to your confession, which means to say the same thing. Notice, the instructions in Proverbs 4:20-22 keep the word in your ears, eyes, and heart(not your blood pump). In your ears because faith comes by hearing and Romans 10:8 says the word you keep in your mouth will get in your heart. In your eyes because 2 Corinthians 3:18 says, But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. The word of God you behold you are changed into the same image. And in your heart because it prospers when it's in your heart because that's where it was made to be. As God says in Isaiah 55:11 it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. That worked for Abraham and his wife Sarah for when his body was dead and his wife's womb was dead(conditions impossible to have a child) God had them speak in line with what He promised them that his descendants would be as numerous as the stars in the sky (Gen. 15:5). And you see in Dueteronomy 1:10 The Lord your God hath multiplied you, and, behold, ye are this day as the stars of heaven for multitude. Did God's word change their condition, yes. Was his word medicine to their flesh, yes. Did they apply Proverbs 4:20-22, yes. And just as it worked for them it will work for you.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen