• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Study the Word! Intellectually?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
I have a wonderful wife...I tend to seek answers by studying on a problem, researching it, pondering it, and studying on it some more.....Not a bad way, but if I am looking at something in the spirit realm intellect does not cut it....Not at all....My Lady is constantly reminding me that I have the Holy Spirit inside of me...My counselor. My teacher But hey! He gave me a brain, He gave me intelligence....Have you ever considered though?....You use only about 10% of your brainpower...Why? You, your brain, your intelligence is designed to work in unity with Him, with His intelligence, with His Spirit...You were not designed to work on your own....
Looking at your intellect thus, you can see why you NEED to seek Him out on everything. Being united with Him will give you 100% of your intellect and the entire universe of knowledge at your finger tips. All you have to do is ask.
Matthew 11:28-29 (CJB)
28 “Come to me, all of you who are struggling and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

John 16:13-14 (CJB)
13 However, when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative but will say only what he hears. He will also announce to you the events of the future. 14 He will glorify me, because he will receive from what is mine and announce it to you.

John 14:26 (CJB)
26 But the Counselor, the Ruach HaKodesh, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything; that is, he will remind you of everything I have said to you.

1 John 2:27 (CJB)
27 As for you, the Messianic anointing you received from the Father remains in you, so that you have no need for anyone to teach you. On the contrary, as his Messianic anointing continues to teach you about all things, and is true, not a counterfeit, so, just as he taught you, remain united with him.

And many more promises of a teacher for you...Trying to understand the Word or anything else, without the teaching of the Holy Spirit is like a one legged man trying to run a ten mile marathon....Oh He may get there... but when he does everybody has gone home... When you learn something by intellect alone its obsolete by the time you get it into your head....and so you have to start again...But look again at the John 16:13-14 verses....He will show you things that are coming, future knowledge. That puts you waaaay ahead of the pack....
What can you lose by putting His intelligence to the test?

If a person has the Holy Spirit inside them, then does that mean they never error in what they say?

Loyal
If a person has the Holy Spirit inside them, then does that mean they never error in what they say?
Of course not. If they obey the Holy Spirit they will do well. If they do not they will mess up.

If you are born again, you know, the Holy Spirit does live in you. Pay attention to Him.

Loyal
I have a wonderful wife...I tend to seek answers by studying on a problem, researching it, pondering it, and studying on it some more.....Not a bad way, but if I am looking at something in the spirit realm intellect does not cut it....Not at all....My Lady is constantly reminding me that I have the Holy Spirit inside of me...My counselor. My teacher But hey! He gave me a brain, He gave me intelligence....Have you ever considered though?....You use only about 10% of your brainpower...Why? You, your brain, your intelligence is designed to work in unity with Him, with His intelligence, with His Spirit...You were not designed to work on your own....
Looking at your intellect thus, you can see why you NEED to seek Him out on everything. Being united with Him will give you 100% of your intellect and the entire universe of knowledge at your finger tips. All you have to do is ask.
Matthew 11:28-29 (CJB)
28 “Come to me, all of you who are struggling and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

John 16:13-14 (CJB)
13 However, when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative but will say only what he hears. He will also announce to you the events of the future. 14 He will glorify me, because he will receive from what is mine and announce it to you.

John 14:26 (CJB)
26 But the Counselor, the Ruach HaKodesh, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything; that is, he will remind you of everything I have said to you.

1 John 2:27 (CJB)
27 As for you, the Messianic anointing you received from the Father remains in you, so that you have no need for anyone to teach you. On the contrary, as his Messianic anointing continues to teach you about all things, and is true, not a counterfeit, so, just as he taught you, remain united with him.

And many more promises of a teacher for you...Trying to understand the Word or anything else, without the teaching of the Holy Spirit is like a one legged man trying to run a ten mile marathon....Oh He may get there... but when he does everybody has gone home... When you learn something by intellect alone its obsolete by the time you get it into your head....and so you have to start again...But look again at the John 16:13-14 verses....He will show you things that are coming, future knowledge. That puts you waaaay ahead of the pack....
What can you lose by putting His intelligence to the test?
Good stuff! And, I like your wife. She reminds me a little bit of me. :smile:

Oh? Do you dog your hugsband with reminders? LOL I think that's wonderful, even if its bugsome
When a man says he's going to do something, he's going to do it! And he doesn't need to be reminded
every six months!

Loyal
Oh? Do you dog your hugsband with reminders? LOL I think that's wonderful, even if its bugsome
@Bendito -

We all need reminders from time to time. Have you ever noticed how often certain messages are repeated over and over again in the Bible? Like, "Do not fear." "Do not fret." "Do not worry." "Don't be afraid." "Trust God." "Believe him." "He will fulfill his promises." We are wise if we heed these reminders, too. And, it is a wise woman and a wise man who will humble himself or herself and be willing to be reminded, at times, when it is necessary, because we can all get forgetful.

I appreciate your humility in this and your willingness to honor your wife in this way. Although women are not to be in authority over men, men can still learn from women as women learn from men. We help each other. We are to submit to one another out of reverence for Christ (Eph. 5:21). It is a smart man, I believe, who is willing to admit he doesn't know everything, and that maybe his wife has some God-given wisdom where he is lacking, and vice versa. We are all lacking in some way and thus we need one another. That is why we have the body of Christ, too.

So, yes, there are times when I lovingly and gently, though not always as gentle as I would like, remind my husband of some things, usually only important things, and there are times when I need to be reminded, too, of certain things. The older we get, too, the more forgetful we get.

So, thanks for what you shared. I appreciate it. I appreciate your wife, too. God's blessings on you both! Sue

Loyal
@Bendito -

We all need reminders from time to time. Have you ever noticed how often certain messages are repeated over and over again in the Bible? Like, "Do not fear." "Do not fret." "Do not worry." "Don't be afraid." "Trust God." "Believe him." "He will fulfill his promises." We are wise if we heed these reminders, too. And, it is a wise woman and a wise man who will humble himself or herself and be willing to be reminded, at times, when it is necessary, because we can all get forgetful.

I appreciate your humility in this and your willingness to honor your wife in this way. Although women are not to be in authority over men, men can still learn from women as women learn from men. We help each other. We are to submit to one another out of reverence for Christ (Eph. 5:21). It is a smart man, I believe, who is willing to admit he doesn't know everything, and that maybe his wife has some God-given wisdom where he is lacking, and vice versa. We are all lacking in some way and thus we need one another. That is why we have the body of Christ, too.

So, yes, there are times when I lovingly and gently, though not always as gentle as I would like, remind my husband of some things, usually only important things, and there are times when I need to be reminded, too, of certain things. The older we get, too, the more forgetful we get.

So, thanks for what you shared. I appreciate it. I appreciate your wife, too. God's blessings on you both! Sue
I know from sad experience that any man who will not heed his wife's advice is a foolish man...Too proud to grow. LOL I don't know that I'm at all humble about this Sue....I find it super bugsome at times and at times too, I don't listen to her advice, to my regret...I do know however that its something a man should do, every time she opens her mouth. I remind myself that woman was taken out of man, so when he marries, she is his completion. He is whole again...Ignoring her would be the same as kicking out part of you, body mind and soul. Not smart