• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

struggles with smoking......

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff member
is smoking sinful? but i feel like it owns my life and it's part of who I am. I feel sometimes feel guilty for smoking and sometimes like it's ruining my life
Before or after the fact?
Meaning was it sinful before you came to the Lord, or just after you realized the damage it can do to your body now that you're a believer?

Oh, Welcome to Talk Jesus!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

You seem to know the answer and are indirectly or passively asking for encouragement and/or resolve.
Addictions are generally bad especially harmful ones.

Hi, @experienced-christian -

Sorry for the late response. I think your statement "but I feel like it owns my life" is the telling thing here. It makes me think of the verse: 1 Corinthians 6:12:
"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but I will not be mastered by anything.

I don't want to put any more guilt or condemnation on your shoulders. I think most of us know what it's like to have something that we feel "masters" us that we can't seem to shake. So, what I want to do is assure you that God loves you and that He cares for you. I think you need to take your eyes off of your sin or addiction or failures and put them firmly on Jesus Christ, always holding out in front of you what He did for you, how much He loves you and cares for you. In my experience, this has helped me break free of strongholds more than any introspection of my sins and failures. Trust that what He began in you, He will complete. And ask Him to bring resources into your life that will help you break free and just simply rest that He will do this work of setting you free in this area.

Hi, friends! This is my first time on this chat site. I couldn't help but notice the topic; smoking! My number one weakness. I too have been worrying about this a whole lot recently. My health is very, very bad. I am SOOO addicted! I'm very high-strung. It's going to take a true miracle for me to stop. But I truly love the Lord with all my heart and soul. I know He is with me every second of the day.

Hi, friends! This is my first time on this chat site. I couldn't help but notice the topic; smoking! My number one weakness. I too have been worrying about this a whole lot recently. My health is very, very bad. I am SOOO addicted! I'm very high-strung. It's going to take a true miracle for me to stop. But I truly love the Lord with all my heart and soul. I know He is with me every second of the day.
@Stillstriving
You seem cognizant of your weakness
what steps have you done or will you implement to accomplish your goal?
How do you intend to hold yourself and accountable and see it thru?
Are you able to lean on others and be strengthened?
Only way to build natural muscle is exercise.
Thoughts and Questions for you to consider.

How the 21/90 rule helps you build good habits and a better life - CapeSpace

Do not forget or underestimate I AM?

is smoking sinful? but i feel like it owns my life and it's part of who I am. I feel sometimes feel guilty for smoking and sometimes like it's ruining my life
Anything that you put in your body that is harmful for the body itself is sinful.

1 Corinthians 6:19 KJV
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Don't waste your money on cigarettes or it will go up in smoke.

There's many supplements & medications to help you stop smoking.