• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Stop the Lies

Loyal
You need a copy of this. It used to be everywhere you went a child of God Knew these songs. Whether they were “Black or White”. Some times the “Tone”would be different but The “Anointing” of The Spirit of GOD would be present. All denominations knew them whether “Country and Western”, “Blue Grass”, “ Scottish”, “ Celtic“, Spanish, French, British. American Natives, Souhern Blacks, northern blacks, all kinds of Methodist, all kinds of Baptist, all Puritans, Congegational, Chinese Orthodox, Korean Orhodox, Japanese Orthidox, Chaldean Orthodox, Russian Orthodox,
Episcopalian church.

In Detroit, Michigan as a kid we had all these kinds of Churches in The walking “Vicinity”! .

We as kids used to walk in them to see what they look like on the inside. “Boy Scout meetings, we Could sing “Sacred Heart” music in “ Italian“ and Latin. Grammar school kids!
And we knew art! From grammar and black and white TV. From “Hunchback of Notre Dame to Martin Luther” to “Livingstone” and That other guy!

“David Livingstone”​

From “ Spencer Tracy to “Father Flanagan”!

They did not flood us with the Concept of church but “Missionary” missions and their works. not like today, Christian music is nothing but entertaining and christianity is about going to a church with entertaining and church food pantries programs labeled “The Act of Worshipping GOD”

Song Book, below. We used to just read the Songs books, and many Illiterate, Christian knew the walk of A Child of GOD by knowing these songs. Many did not know how to read, no matter what color or Nationality you were, but The Songs were “Theological Sound”.

“songs of Zion” read just like “The Psalms” book is read to day.

Last edited:
Loyal

Oooooh,

The Songs of Zion. OOOoooooooohh.

We had that songbook in my church here in the USA growing up.

I was born in Liberia and came to the states at the age of 8.

The UMC church that my father was a minister had both the standard UMC hymnal and the Song of Zion book.

I haven't seen that in a long time, since 2000.

But thanks.