• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Start with God

Staff Member
Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, “This month shall be your beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year to come.” Exodus 12:1-2

The Lord instituted the Passover (a seven-day celebration of Israel’s deliverance from slavery in Egypt) in March/April of every year, and it was to become Israel’s New Year. In his commentary on this verse, Matthew Henry writes. “Note, it is good to begin the day, and begin the year, and especially to begin our lives, with God.”

You probably head into this New Year with a number of resolutions in mind. You want to lose weight or get in better shape, read helpful books, tame your tongue, get out of debt, volunteer for good causes, or become more organized.

All of these are worthy goals, but for the Christian, they should all flow from putting Christ first. You lose weight to honor God who dwells in the temple of your body. You read more to nourish your mind. You tame your tongue to be a better witness. You get out of debt so you can be free to invest in the kingdom. You volunteer because you want to show people the love of Christ.

As you consider the changes you want to make this year, ask yourself how putting God first in each change will glorify Him. Take time to listen to the Lord and ponder His Word.

S

Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, “This month shall be your beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year to come.” Exodus 12:1-2

The Lord instituted the Passover (a seven-day celebration of Israel’s deliverance from slavery in Egypt) in March/April of every year, and it was to become Israel’s New Year. In his commentary on this verse, Matthew Henry writes. “Note, it is good to begin the day, and begin the year, and especially to begin our lives, with God.”

You probably head into this New Year with a number of resolutions in mind. You want to lose weight or get in better shape, read helpful books, tame your tongue, get out of debt, volunteer for good causes, or become more organized.

All of these are worthy goals, but for the Christian, they should all flow from putting Christ first. You lose weight to honor God who dwells in the temple of your body. You read more to nourish your mind. You tame your tongue to be a better witness. You get out of debt so you can be free to invest in the kingdom. You volunteer because you want to show people the love of Christ.

As you consider the changes you want to make this year, ask yourself how putting God first in each change will glorify Him. Take time to listen to the Lord and ponder His Word.
Good writing that will build the faith of true believers.Today is January 1, 2018.We have made many vows that will help us as we continue in our walk with Him. But it is good to give God first place in all that we do.Allow Him to be the ruler of your life this New Year and you will be amaze at the blessings that will follow you.

Sam David.

S

About 8 hours ago when we gather to usher in the year 2018 in our church, people were praying ,singing , and rejoicing.Many made good decision to follow Jesus .I remember telling people to put God first in everything they do so that His blessing and favor will follow them. I'm so happy to come across the above post today. Please put God first anything you are doing this year and it will be good with you.

Sam David.

Loyal
Greetings,
I don't make vows or new year resolutions but as a Born Again Believer I get my tongue in line with my heart and confess and thank God for things such as

2018 being the best year so far in Christ.

It is written that if we draw near to God then He will draw near to me so I will see God in a much deeper relationship.

You will know the tree by its fruit so I will be bearing more fruit for it is written draw close to God and God will reveal Himself Bigger and I can't hang out with God more and closer and not bear more fruit.

I base this on many scriptures such as

Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue; And they that indulge it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Psalm 45:1
My heart is overflowing with good news. I will direct my song to the king. My tongue is a pen for a skillful writer.

Hebrew 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Psalm 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Proverbs 27:3
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Anyway thank you Brother @Christ4Ever for the encouraging and truthful reminder.

May we all grow stronger Spiritually in Christ this new year of the Lord, 2018
Blessings
W4F

S

Greetings,
I don't make vows or new year resolutions but as a Born Again Believer I get my tongue in line with my heart and confess and thank God for things such as

2018 being the best year so far in Christ.

It is written that if we draw near to God then He will draw near to me so I will see God in a much deeper relationship.

You will know the tree by its fruit so I will be bearing more fruit for it is written draw close to God and God will reveal Himself Bigger and I can't hang out with God more and closer and not bear more fruit.

I base this on many scriptures such as

Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue; And they that indulge it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Psalm 45:1
My heart is overflowing with good news. I will direct my song to the king. My tongue is a pen for a skillful writer.

Hebrew 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Psalm 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Proverbs 27:3
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Joshua 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Anyway thank you Brother @Christ4Ever for the encouraging and truthful reminder.

May we all grow stronger Spiritually in Christ this new year of the Lord, 2018
Blessings
W4F[/QUOTE

Good to hear from you.yes not every person makes vows during the new year, especially people who know their stand in the Lord, but weak Christians and new believers do like to makes vows to keep off from doing things that are not pleasing to God.

I remembered when I just gave my life to Christ some 35 years back, then I was single.My friend do talk to me and I joined them in doing what I supposed not to doing as a true believer in Christ whose sins has been washed away by Jesus.

i think most of us as new believers have err in one way or the other then. But as we grow in our faith and became stronger in our spiritual life ,we look back at the things we do that we suppose not to do as true believers in Christ, we make a vow not to do those things again.

Mostly, vows to stop sinning or doing those things are not pleasing to Our Heavenly Father are done on December 31 ,before the new year. Although not every body makes vows.

One thing we should know is that God is the spirit and those who worship Him has to do so in spirit and in truth.

Thank for sharing your views with me. I have learn a lot from it and will try and print out your message so I can share with other people.Can I do that?

Sam David.

S

Not every christian makes vow. Those who knows they stand in the Lord do not make vows,but new Christians to make vows .

Sam David.

Loyal
Not every christian makes vow. Those who knows they stand in the Lord do not make vows,but new Christians to make vows .

Sam David.
Hi Sam David,
I agree with you and for me when I did make vows it became more about fulfilling the vow then it did God.
Now that did not work out well.

Blessings my Brother
W4F

S

Hi Sam David,
I agree with you and for me when I did make vows it became more about fulfilling the vow then it did God.
Now that did not work out well.

Blessings my Brother
W4F
Thank you for explaining that. People are still making vows but I know that allow the way most people cannot fulfill the vows. The reason is that they did not allow God to be the ruler of their lives. If God rules our lives, we will not give sin space.

My prayer is that God will direct our path this new year so we can live in His perfect will.

Sam David.