• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Standing in the Gap

Staff Member
"So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one. Ezekiel 22:30 NKJV

Do you ever look around at the state of the world today and wonder if humanity is a lost cause? Have you ever seen someone you thought was beyond the reach of God Himself?

Your very human reaction might be to give up and let things take their course. Today’s verse is God’s challenge to believing men who know how desperately their nation, and the rest of world around them, need God’s mercy.

God loves changing hearts when one of His people chooses to “stand in the gap” on behalf of an individual, group of people, or even a whole nation. This is what the term “intercessory prayer” means. It’s praying on behalf of others, knowing that God desires to show mercy and grace, even when a situation looks hopeless.

Are you willing to stand in the gap today? Are you willing to pray, and then pray some more, for someone you know who needs God’s loving touch?

Prayer: Holy Father, when I look around me and see the state of the world today, I can’t help but think that You are looking for someone to “stand in the gap” and pray. Let me be that man!

Loyal
Christians often say "God is in control". ...and so He is, I agree with that. But God uses men. Much more often than not, God uses people to accomplish His will.

God used Moses, David, Elijah, Elisha, Nathan, Samson, Rahab, Jacob, Job, Jonah, Noah, Ezra, Isaiah... and the list goes on.
God used Peter, James, John, Thomas, Philip, Andrew, Paul, Barnabas, John the Baptist..... He even used Judas and Pilate, which goes to show, God can use people who don't know they are doing what God wants them to do.

Sometimes it IS prayer, but sometimes it is simply us... going out and building a wall around Jerusalem, building an Ark, hiding the spies, killing Giants, walking on water... or in more practical terms,
voting, witnessing, speaking out, going into poor neighborhoods, feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, visiting widows and orphans, visiting those in prison... there are literally dozens of ways God can use us.

I suspect there are a lot more people like us out there than we realize, but many of us are afraid to do anything, there is so much talk against "works". But even if works can't save you, do you think God is going to
punish you for doing them? Do you think God is going to hold it against you if you help someone, pray for someone, listen to someone, encourage someone, or even... *gasp* .. give them financial help. Maybe if a few of us
stepped out in doing the things called has called us to do... others would be less afraid to do the same?

The world is a crazy place right now, but then it always has been to some extent for all my life. Instead of having a fatalist "whatever happens, happens" attitude, maybe we should have the attitude of the people in
the Bible. Maybe we need to love our neighbors like the good Samaritan did, bear one anothers burdens, and pray.. yes pray of course... but sometimes we may be called to do more than pray.

Staff Member
Christians often say "God is in control". ...and so He is, I agree with that. But God uses men. Much more often than not, God uses people to accomplish His will.

God used Moses, David, Elijah, Elisha, Nathan, Samson, Rahab, Jacob, Job, Jonah, Noah, Ezra, Isaiah... and the list goes on.
God used Peter, James, John, Thomas, Philip, Andrew, Paul, Barnabas, John the Baptist..... He even used Judas and Pilate, which goes to show, God can use people who don't know they are doing what God wants them to do.

Sometimes it IS prayer, but sometimes it is simply us... going out and building a wall around Jerusalem, building an Ark, hiding the spies, killing Giants, walking on water... or in more practical terms,
voting, witnessing, speaking out, going into poor neighborhoods, feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, visiting widows and orphans, visiting those in prison... there are literally dozens of ways God can use us.

I suspect there are a lot more people like us out there than we realize, but many of us are afraid to do anything, there is so much talk against "works". But even if works can't save you, do you think God is going to
punish you for doing them? Do you think God is going to hold it against you if you help someone, pray for someone, listen to someone, encourage someone, or even... *gasp* .. give them financial help. Maybe if a few of us
stepped out in doing the things called has called us to do... others would be less afraid to do the same?

The world is a crazy place right now, but then it always has been to some extent for all my life. Instead of having a fatalist "whatever happens, happens" attitude, maybe we should have the attitude of the people in
the Bible. Maybe we need to love our neighbors like the good Samaritan did, bear one anothers burdens, and pray.. yes pray of course... but sometimes we may be called to do more than pray.
Amen Brother!