• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Spreading the Gospel

Loyal
After Jesus was crucified, abut but before He ascended back to heaven.. He gave the disciples "the great commission".

Mark 16:14; Afterward He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table; and He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen.
Mark 16:15; And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
Mark 16:16; "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
Mark 16:17; "These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;
Mark 16:18; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Mark 16:19; So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.

Even the 11 didn't believe Jesus was really resurrected at first.
There is a lot of stuff packed into these few verses, does anyone in your church speak in tongues or cast out demons? Have you ever laid hands on someone and seen a divine healing?
If not, maybe it's time to find another church. Then we have one of the dreaded "get baptized" verses. But there is a movement in the world today that is telling more and more Christians NOT to be baptized.
Verse 15 is really what is at the heart of the great commission.
Go out into all the world and preach the gospel.

Matthews version is similar.

Matt 28:16; But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated.
Matt 28:17; When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful.
Matt 28:18; And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
Matt 28:19; "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Matt 28:20; teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Go and make disciples of all the nations (this means all the Gentile nations) - baptize them, and teach them to observe all that I have taught you ( commanded you )

Are you a disciple of Jesus? Have you been baptized? Are you doing all the things Jesus did and taught? Are you teaching, witnessing to and discipling others?
Some churches teach, that what Jesus taught was only for the Jews, but Jesus Himself said make disciples (followers of me) in ALL the nations.
Teach them ALL to do the things that I taught you. Jesus's teachings were never just for the Jews. To say there are different requirements for Gentiles is a lie straight from the pits of hell.

Have you ever led anyone to Jesus? If not, are you obeying what Jesus said to do above?

Some churches preach all people have to do is read the Bible, but the disciples had to explain parts of the Bible to people.

Acts 8:29; Then the Spirit said to Philip, "Go up and join this chariot."
Acts 8:30; Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
Acts 8:31; And he said, "Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
Acts 8:32; Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this: "HE WAS LED AS A SHEEP TO SLAUGHTER; AND AS A LAMB BEFORE ITS SHEARER IS SILENT, SO HE DOES NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH.
Acts 8:33; "IN HUMILIATION HIS JUDGMENT WAS TAKEN AWAY; WHO WILL RELATE HIS GENERATION? FOR HIS LIFE IS REMOVED FROM THE EARTH."
Acts 8:34; The eunuch answered Philip and said, "Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?"
Acts 8:35; Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him.

One of the problems with the predestination doctrine, is that if you believe God has already decided who is going to be saved, and who isn't... then why go preach to anyone.
It's not going to make a difference anyway. But God knowing what is going to happen, is not the same thing as God making it happen. Maybe a person didn't get saved because you didn't
witness to them. God knew you weren't going to... but Jesus commanded you to. Will God hold this against you?

Rom 10:13; for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."
Rom 10:14; How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15; How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"
Rom 10:16; However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?"
Rom 10:17; So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
Rom 10:18; But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have; "THEIR VOICE HAS GONE OUT INTO ALL THE EARTH, AND THEIR WORDS TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD."

How much of the world will perish in unbelief, simply because they never were witnessed to? No one ever shared Jesus with them.

Some people blame God that He would punish people who were never given the opportunity to hear about Jesus, but could it be they never heard about Jesus because people (you) were unwilling
or afraid to share Jesus with them?

.. to be continued ...

Loyal
The word "gospel" is in my New Testament over 95 times. Gospel simply means "good news". What is the good news. Jesus can save us.

A lot of people are concerned about the end-times, and when will Jesus return... but Jesus said one of the requirements for Him to return was that the gospel
had to be preached to the whole world.

Matt 24:14; "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Mark 13:10; "The gospel must first be preached to all the nations.

If you want Jesus to hurry back, get out and preach. What did Jesus Himself do more than any other thing?

Matt 4:23; Jesus was going throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness among the people.
Matt 9:35; Jesus was going through all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.
Matt 11:5; the BLIND RECEIVE SIGHT and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the POOR HAVE THE GOSPEL PREACHED TO THEM.

What did John the Baptist do? (besides baptize people)
Luke 3:18; So with many other exhortations he preached the gospel to the people.

What did the disciples do?
Acts 14:7; and there they continued to preach the gospel.
Acts 14:21; After they had preached the gospel to that city and had made many disciples, they returned to Lystra and to Iconium and to Antioch,

... to be continued ...

Loyal
Some churches teach, that what Jesus taught was only for the Jews, but Jesus Himself said make disciples (followers of me) in ALL the nations.
Teach them ALL to do the things that I taught you. Jesus's teachings were never just for the Jews.
God is awesome truly !! I have been in a bible study with a freind who believes this, and I am currently in a very good discussion with another person on another board who believes this. Now this line of thinking is very new to me,, and caught me way way off guard, just blows my mind how anyone could think this, I was so shocked I did not know what to say,,Yet.. they like to use the verse when Jesus says he came only for the lost sheep of Israel. Yet a few versus later he tells the girl her faith made her well.

I do not think anyone reading the bible on there own would even come to the conclusion Jesus taught only for the Jews, that has to be learned from someone.