• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Spirit of Stubbornness

Can I ask you to please pray for me. As I am oppressed and sometimes get hindered with this spirit of stubbornness, which runs through my family. I am now getting sick of it and and I need your help and prayers.

I now want total release from this, there is so much power in prayer, so I need your help. So during the next 7 days, I am pleading the blood of Jesus to heal me from this unclean spirit of stubbornness.

Please help me and I thank you for your prayers.

Staff Member
Spirit of rebellion/stubbornness

amen Hallelujah There is power in prayer and there is power in the name of Jesus.

I was delivered from this, rebellion and other things through others ministering to me and casting out these spirits that have no right to hinder us. We are children, princesses of the Most High God. Just remember when that spirit leaves to fill the space with Godly scriptures. Do not give an inch to the enemy as he will take so much more.

I did a check on the internet for 'spirit of stubbornness and was surprised with this information.
this is only a part of what I read.

Five evidences of teen rebellion are bitterness, stubbornness, unteachableness, self-indulgence and argumentation.

By now some of you may be asking yourselves, "What tell tale signs would I look for to see if I have a rebellious spirit? Please open your bibles to Deuteronomy. 21:18-21. Some of you have heard me give more than 300 messages at New Hope. If you'll understand, receive and apply this message, you'll likely be a successful parent who finishes life well.

1. Bitterness is the first evidence of a spirit of rebellion."If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, (Deuteronomy21:18) The Hebrew word for "rebellious" is "marah" meaning bitter.

Bitter people reveal their bitterness by complaining about their lot in life. They tell you that things would be different for them if they had your silver spoon. When you listen to a bitter person talk you discover that all their problems are the fault of others. Bitter people have a difficult time accepting personal responsibility for their lot is life. If you find yourself blaming others, check for a spirit of rebellion. Do you have any idea how negatively your bitterness impacts your children?

2. Stubbornness is the second mark of a rebellious spirit. In Hebrew one of the literal meanings of stubborn is, "to turn away." A Stubborn person refuses to open his/her heart to listen to the facts. There is a rejection of open, honest dialog because their position will collapse under the light of truth.

Some modern psychologists seek to reason with the stubborn child or adult and coax them out of their stubborn stance. I like the straight forward manner of the good old days. Listen to the words, "His father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. " (Deuteronomy 21:19) Remember, the cute little cub of stubbornness tells you that father rebellion is not far away.

3. Unteachableness is a third mark of a spirit of rebellion. ". . .son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them . . ." (Deuteronomy.21:18) Once again it's fascinating to examine the word "listen." It means "to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc)."

A teachable person is an intelligent listener. It's very easy to spot an un-teachable person. First, their principle interest is to support their own position. The intelligent listener will make the extra effort to understand what you are trying to teach him/her.

A rebellious spirit causes us to be selective listeners. An unteachable person will seldom view life through another person's glasses.

4. Undisciplined living is a fourth indicator of a rebellious spirit. "They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." (Deuteronomy. 21:20) Profligate means to be loose morally which is undisciplined activity. Drunkenness is another expression of lack of discipline.

Undisciplined living can be expressed in ways other than drunkenness and immorality. Some people show it by over spending their budget, others by over eating, others are habitually late for meetings, some by laziness, and not keeping the promises they make to others. Any one of those items should cause you to ask yourself, "Am I undisciplined?" Ask yourself, "does my lack of discipline point to a rebellious spirit that I haven't come to terms with?

Please don't lose sight of the fact that a rebellious spirit has a major negative impact on the development of our children. Recognizing and dealing with your rebellious spirit is the most significant step you can take to being a successful parent.

5. Being argumentative is the fifth indicator of a rebellious spirit."As charcoal to embers and as wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife. (Proverbs 26:21 NIV) An argument is a clash of wills. If you have a tendency to want to impose your will on others, that may be your signal that you have not dealt with your spirit of rebellion.

CONCLUSION:
Some of you may be asking yourselves, "How do I deal with my rebellious spirit?" Step one: Bend your knee in submission to the Jesus Christ and ask Him to be Lord of your life. Step two: Admit that you still have the spirit of a rebel. Say the words to a trusted friend and ask them in the name of Jesus to declare you forgiven. Step three: Recognize that this is an ongoing struggle.

I believe that the greatest gift we can give our children is the wisdom to respond in a biblical manner to all levels of God appointed authority. What guarantee do you have that your discipline will be fair, just and balanced? Are you sure that you can trust your own judgment? Remember, parenting is a high stakes game in which the winner enjoys a life time of happiness, joy and peace of mind and the loser has tears, sorrow and shame. Therefore, play to win.

from God's living word
New Hope Comunity Church
Pastor: Eugene Harder

Father I pray that You will guide and lead wol to the way she should deal with this spirit she has mentioned to us. I pray that she will be released and set free as she is covered with the blood of Jesus and is Your precious child.

Thank you that You came to give us life and life abundantly. Speak to her heart and help her to fill up with Your scriptures so she can recall them in times of need. I pray that she will be delivered from anything that is not of You in Jesus' name and for His glory amen.

Last edited:
Thank you so much LLJ, for this wonderful article, it related to me a lot. I will read it properly when I get home.

Five evidences of teen rebellion are bitterness, stubbornness, unteachableness, self-indulgence and argumentation.

I know with the blood of Jesus, I will be healed, and I thank you for praying for me.

God bless you. :love:

I am now starting the second day of clensing, so can I please ask you lovely people to please still pray for me.

Thank you and God bless. :love:

I don't know why but I am now getting a load of demonic attacks. I am now praying to our Father to help me.

My Father in heaven, please help me and strengthen me through this demonic attack, as my mind is becoming a battlefield. I ask for protection and Your comfort from all these attacks, which are hindering me, it is only with the cleansing of Jesus' blood, I can be set free. I ask you to please reveal to me any doors which I may have opened, for this attack, so I can rebuke them in Jesus' name. With the Blood of Jesus, I am asking for full cleansing, from all these unclean spirits. In Jesus' name I pray.

Staff Member
The mind is a battlefield and Joyce Meyer has written a book on 'battlefield of the mind' win the battle in your mind.

Ephesians 6.

11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

God bless you sister :love: :rainbow: :rose:

Administrator
Staff Member
Sister I will pray for you. Its nice to see people like you who admit their matters, their weaknesses in return for prayer and release. This is part of humility that we all need in order to grow spiritually like Christ.

Keep the faith sister.

God bless you

Active
Jesus saves

Lord I ask that you renew my sister's mind daily, give her the mind of Christ.
Bless her as she continue to walk in your light.

I thank you so much for your prayers, it's much appreciated. I know what I did wrong yesterday, that's why I was in such state and in a battle, I got bombard by the enemy and didn't expect it.

Mat 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

The above scripture is so true, you see I rebuked an unclean spirit, the day before (Wednesday) and pleaded the blood of Jesus for protection. Wednesday, I felt, and was walking in God's presence all day, it was awesome. It was so lovely, but I want this everyday though. I fell off my guard on Thursday and got caught in a trap, hence the above scripture, I was a wreck by the end of the day and was exhausted, said a lot of things I shouldn't have said. But I know God has forgiven me, as I got back up, dusted of the dirt and apologised for being such a nasty and ungrateful person, and apologised for a few other things.

This morning, is my 3rd day of cleansing, I woke up, didn't know what to expect, but I started to think all positive things and started to thank our God and Lord Jesus for having such wonderful nights sleep and then asked our Lord to help me all the way and all day today, I then started to plead the blood of Jesus, on everything and for protection against all evilness.

I am not where I was on Wednesday, but I am not giving up. The experience one has when your in God's presence, it's totally unexplainable, it's amazing and wonderful, I feel as if I am flying in the clouds, I'm at total peace and I want that everyday.

My daily scripture through my email today was: :shade:

Jesus Christ gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works Titus 2:14
(BBE) Who gave himself for us, so that he might make us free from all wrongdoing, and make for himself a people clean in heart and on fire with good works.

I thank you again and I still need your prayers.

Last edited: