• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Speak, Lord

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
In the daytime also he led them with a cloud, and all the night with a light of fire. Psalm 78:14

One of the great wonders of the Christian life is that God is always with His people--just as He always was with His people in the Old Testament in the form of a cloud during the day and a pillar of fire at night. He most likely won't appear to you that way today, but He's still always with you, and loves you so much that He guides you in multiple ways.

"That cloud which was a shade by day was as a sun by night,' wrote Charles Spurgeon in his commentary."Even thus the grace which cools and calms our joys, soothes and solaces our sorrows. What a mercy to have a light of fire with us amid the lonely horrors of the wilderness of affliction."

How does God typically lead and guide you? Does He speak through other people? Through His Word? Or maybe you hear a still, small voice during times of prayer? It's probably a combination. The key is to be so tuned in to Him that you can't miss His voice.

Prayer: Father, tune my spiritual ears to Your voice. May I never miss a single message You have for me, and may Your instruction be so clear that I can't mistake it. Make me sensitive to the ways in which You speak to me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sue J Love Stories 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
M Water Cooler 2